Mighty Member

Like I could spend DAYS DOGGING THOSE OUTFITS

CYPHER LOOKS LIKE A BOOTLEG CYCLOPS WITH 90'S CABLE APPROPRIATE POUCHES

SOMEHOW THEY MANAGED TO GIVE MAGMA AND WOLFSBANE TERRIBLE VERSIONS OF DIFFERENT JEAN OUTFITS. DIDN'T EVEN KNOW YOU COULD **** UP PHOENIX, BUT MAGMA SAID "BET" AND THE LESS SAID ABOUT WOLFSBANE THE BETTER

WHY THE GOD DAMN HELL IS CANNONBALL DRESSED LIKE EVEL KENIEVEL. HE'S IMMUNE WHEN BLASTING, WHAT'S HE GOT TO BLAST WITH KNEEPADS FOR?

SUNSPOT LOOKS LIKE HE WANT'S TO SAY "WHERE'S MY CHANGE, STRANGE!"

and just Karma and Mirage sure are of the time alright

Astonishing Member

Let's have some fun. Now that you got that understandable opinion out of your system, how would you improve these oufits, OR something more humanly possible, which elements of them would you pick to intigrate into a new outfit as kind of a nod?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Let's have some fun. Now that you got that understandable opinion out of your system, how would you improve these oufits, OR something more humanly possible, which elements of them would you pick to intigrate into a new outfit as kind of a nod?
    not a damn thing. Warlock and Magik are alright, but what isn't just ethnically offensive, is just a bootleg version of another hero.

Cyclops
    Jean
    fucking LUKE CAGE

and Cannonball's is just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    Like I could spend DAYS DOGGING THOSE OUTFITS

CYPHER LOOKS LIKE A BOOTLEG CYCLOPS WITH 90'S CABLE APPROPRIATE POUCHES

SOMEHOW THEY MANAGED TO GIVE MAGMA AND WOLFSBANE TERRIBLE VERSIONS OF DIFFERENT JEAN OUTFITS. DIDN'T EVEN KNOW YOU COULD **** UP PHOENIX, BUT MAGMA SAID "BET" AND THE LESS SAID ABOUT WOLFSBANE THE BETTER

WHY THE GOD DAMN HELL IS CANNONBALL DRESSED LIKE EVEL KENIEVEL. HE'S IMMUNE WHEN BLASTING, WHAT'S HE GOT TO BLAST WITH KNEEPADS FOR?

SUNSPOT LOOKS LIKE HE WANT'S TO SAY "WHERE'S MY CHANGE, STRANGE!"

and just Karma and Mirage sure are of the time alright

As terrible as these costumes are, I absolutely LOVE them. I think I was 13 when they debuted...the good ol' days!
    Mutant and Proud!

Mighty Member

Like give em something that reflects them better, not just... "This looked good on another hero."

It's why I liked Business Suit Sunspot and Flyboy Cannonball.

The outfits match their personas.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Even if it was made of cardboard she'd never be able to swing that from back there.
    True story. The only possible way it could work is if the sword has literally no physical substance whatsoever. If it's made of anything remotely substantial it would be INCREDIBLY hard to swing it and maintain edge alignment; the second it encountered ANY sort of wind resistance, all that surface area would cause the sword to turn in her hand. And even if she could keep her edge in proper alignment, that blade would cause a TON of drag as it tried to cut through the target, greatly reducing the effectiveness of its cut. It doesn't matter what sort of mystical super-light and strong metal it's made of. Unless it's a lightsaber simple physics would make it useless as a weapon.

Mighty Member

It's magic.

None of that matters.

Even ignoring that, it's comics

SO IT DOUBLY DOESN'T MATTER

just say you aesthetically don't like it. It's more honest.
    Last edited by ZephyrSurf; 08-17-2022 at 07:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    As terrible as these costumes are, I absolutely LOVE them. I think I was 13 when they debuted...the good ol' days!
    Why are they terrible? They are far better than the yellow uniforms. They all look awesome. The pinks masks work. I would keep them all the same but modernized. Lose Rahne and Doug's masks.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

BANNED

just say you aesthetically don't like it. It's more honest.
    It can be both. I don't like it aesthetically, and I don't like it because, as someone who practices swordsmanship IRL, it's just plain BAD sword design. There's absolutely NOTHING dishonest about that.

But it's Final Fantasy-inspired, so that makes it inherently coooool. I could do without the huge size, but it sucks that they got rid of the glowing blade since that really emphasized its mystical nature, in addition to looking amazing.
    Last edited by Dipter; 08-17-2022 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    The Bachalo outfit is one of the worst costumes ever designed. It says nothing about the character and makes no sense from any standpoint. Its only purpose is to appeal to the male gaze and it looks like Emma's leftovers. Turning the armor into just a collection of black spikes is another knock against it, and the stupid surfboard design just turns the soul sword into a club or baseball bat that is only good for wide swings and can't be used with any kind of finesse. It was a mistake from day one and it would have been far better for Illyana to just stick to the old training outfit just to keep her armor silver and ornate. In-universe the only possible explanation for the outfit's existence is that Emma designed it and Illyana just went along with it because she doesn't care. There is no universe in which Illyana would deliberately design a costume to look like that. Being more focused on armor than showing as much of of her boobs and butt as the artist can get away with and having the armor be gold instead of black make the new costume a million times better than Bachalo's atrocity. Plus it symbolizes her overcoming her years of trauma and abuse instead of symbolizing nothing more than Bachalo's refusal to draw women with their clothes on.
    I thought it fit because of Illyana's aggressive, non-plussed, and in-your-face attitude and came off very goth punk, which I think suits her. I don't think she'd care about it being revealing.

with the exception of magik, these are all HOT garbage.

I am so glad they existed for only an issue.

Wolfsbane and Sunspot in particular were walking tragedies
    LOL I hate them too but anything is better than the standard yellow/black uniforms. So tired of distinctive, distinguished characters wearing bland school uniforms.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by shugahfree View Post
    LOL I hate them too but anything is better than the standard yellow/black uniforms. So tired of distinctive, distinguished characters wearing bland school uniforms.
    don't get me wrong, I don't love the black and yellows. But give the New Mutants something more than offbrand versions of other heroes outfits.

Great cover. Love the Lady Mandarin armor.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!