Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Wow, didnt realize the Avengers were also celebrating their 60th this year
    Indeed they are and the teams tend to celebrate together sometimes: for their 30th they got together against Fabian Cortex and Exodus in the Bloodties crossover, and this year they're merging in a new Unity Squad. It's basically like the JLA/JSA team-ups, just with less turkey and more kidnapping and maiming.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    The Avengers and X-Men's 60 Year Legacies Come Alive in New Variant Covers by Alex Ross
    Alex Ross celebrates the 60th anniversary of the Avengers and the X-Men with new connecting variant covers that will run on various titles, starting with August’s 'Uncanny Avengers' #1!
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=207235003

"With the X-Men piece, I didn't originally make the design. I copied an existing classic cover design that everybody would know and connect to,” Ross explained. “The X-Men piece is showing an accentuation of the action, where it's a split second difference later. Wolverine is completing a full attack swipe and everybody is attacking harder. I added in the bit with lightning coming from Storm, which would be a split second of movement."

Perfection. The few X-Men pieces Alex Ross has done so far are ALL so iconic. Most of his artwork is to be fair but he doesn't do a lot of X-Men so every picture is absolutely precious.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsontt View Post
    This was long before revanche showed up. I’m taking your x-geek badge from you because of that
    IMG_4409.jpg

That’s just plain mean.. It was summer or spring when Revanche appeared.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Perfection. The few X-Men pieces Alex Ross has done so far are ALL so iconic. Most of his artwork is to be fair but he doesn't do a lot of X-Men so every picture is absolutely precious.
    Not upcoming but this post made me think of his piece that was in the giant size X-men remake and had to share because it fits perfection and iconic.
    legendpart1.jpg
    alegend.jpg
    Last edited by jwatson; 03-27-2023 at 04:00 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

From Mark Brooks’ twitter

Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

BANNED

I thought he uses acrylics

Astonishing Member

Now that's the real classic costume people associate with Jean Grey, either in red or green.

Unless that's not Jean Grey but a different character who used the outfit besides her and Rachel...

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Not upcoming but this post made me think of his piece that was in the giant size X-men remake and had to share because it fits perfection and iconic.
    legendpart1.jpg
    alegend.jpg
    Yes, those are the pieces I was referring to. The Cockrum/Kane homages in particular are breathtaking, I've actually been looking into buying them as lithographs and hanging them in my bedroom.

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    From Mark Brooks’ twitter

Phoenix Invictus!

Amazing. The X-titles have been getting some gorgeous variants and they deserve it. I love seeing all the portraits together like that and I'm looking forward to seeing Noto's Colossus cover.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

We definitely need a cover artbook.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

I think I prefer Firestar's new suit Spider-Style than the normal version.

Saw this online listed as the cover to Ultimate Invasion #2 by Hickman and Hitch...

Interesting in that it appears to be Magik and Omega Red, two Russian mutants, alongside Iron Man and possibly the Hulk... or some Hulk derivative. Also the Wasp... or a new Wasp, since Blob ate the old one. She was a mutant in the Ultimate U. Not real sure what's going on here, or why. Is it a resurrection of the old UU... a continuation of it post Ultimatum or a reset? Hopefully the latter.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Saw this online listed as the cover to Ultimate Invasion #2 by Hickman and Hitch...

Interesting in that it appears to be Magik and Omega Red, two Russian mutants, alongside Iron Man and possibly the Hulk... or some Hulk derivative. Also the Wasp... or a new Wasp, since Blob ate the old one. She was a mutant in the Ultimate U. Not real sure what's going on here, or why. Is it a resurrection of the old UU... a continuation of it post Ultimatum or a reset? Hopefully the latter.
    Those all seem to be only Ultimate Universe characters fighting each other. From what i recall Collosus was never remarked to have a sister in UU, which also means she lucked out not getting randomly killed for shock effect. So perhaps that's Ultimate Magik and they might have skipped trying to come up with any original redesign?

EDIT:
    That could be Vision in the middle though, who i think was female in ultimate, so potentialy one confirmed 616 character in the image.