Page 714 of 1454 FirstFirst ... 2146146647047107117127137147157167177187247648141214 ... LastLast
Results 10,696 to 10,710 of 21809

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    That’s quite a change, though. And I’ve seen this new, smaller blue sword on a number of covers now by different artists. Just wondering if there was an in-story change in the sword and its appearance or something, or it just happened because, to your point, some artist decided the big yellow version of the sword was ugly and just changed it.
    The big sword shouldnt have lasted past Bendis' run. There was never any explanation for it other than Bachalo wanted to redesign her. It could have easily been enough to headcanon as a result of post-AvX messing with her powers. It should have been left there after that plotline was resolved

Mighty Member

I personally hate the old version, cause it's so god damn generic (A problem with a lot of marvel swords.)

The best iteration is still to this day, the Rasputin version which combines the old version's sleekness with the New versions identifiable markings.

Anime sword and boob window is superior, idgaf.

the anime sword needs to diaf (f is for foundry), one of the lamest redesign I ever saw.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    I always wondered if Professor X would still have to put his hand to his forehead to do telepathy if he was driving the X-Truck, say, and needed to keep his hands at ten and two. And would Magneto's powers still work if his hands were in a straitjacket and unable to make big theatrical gestures to prompt things to fly around?
    Those gestures are little more than so that we readers can clearly see that they are using their powers.

I guess within the story those gestures help them focus a little better or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    the anime sword needs to diaf (f is for foundry), one of the lamest redesign I ever saw.
    I agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by MAR420X View Post
    ^^posted that like a month ago man step it up
    With all the non-art talk in here, it's quite difficult to keep track of everything, but thanks for thanking me for at least posting art.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    No story change to my knowledge. This is more in line with what her soulsword looked like until AvX. Once that happened and Chris Bachalo redesigned them all she got the boob window and that ridiculous sword. This is the artist and line moving back to what it should look like.
    Also doesn't the future chimera (Rasputin) mutant have a giant buster sword too

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Anime sword and boob window is superior, idgaf.
    Agreed, gotta go balls out or should I say *ahem* boobs out

I'll show show myself out

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    No. Her sword is shaped like the original Soulsword but with the buster sword markings. Its not the giant buster sword that Illyana used when Bachalo redesigned her

The Rasputin Sword is a nice mix of the horrendous new anime sword and the great classic design. I can't wait for a version of Rasputin to show up when Sinister starts making Chimeras.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    No. Her sword is shaped like the original Soulsword but with the buster sword markings. Its not the giant buster sword that Illyana used when Bachalo redesigned her

Oh yeah, you're totally right.

I guess with Bachalo's exaggerated art style it makes sense, but I really like it. It just makes her look even more over the top - I mean she is the queen of Limbo she should have an imposing sword to rule them all

Astonishing Member

(pic)
    Thinking about her. Was Rasputin a one of a kind or a mass production type of Chimera? I forgot what the white page stated about her. In the later case i wonder if she ended up being the last to be able to wield that soulsword or if Apocalypseland managed to mass produce soul swords for their rasputin line of chimeras?

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Thinking about her. Was Rasputin a one of a kind or a mass production type of Chimera? I forgot what the white page stated about her. In the later case i wonder if she ended up being the last to be able to wield that soulsword or if Apocalypseland managed to mass produce soul swords for their rasputin line of chimeras?
    I was under the impression they were a mass production type similar to Cardinal (I think that was Red Nightcrawler's name). I have a feeling we will see their precursor in future issues

Mighty Member

This is what i mean. Combine the Bachalo versions Iconography with the regular version's practicality.

You then get a sword that looks fantastic where the previous ones were either too unwieldy or god damn generic.

Upcoming X-books art teases, that's the name of the thread. So stuff in the thread should be Upcoming X-books art teases.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules