Page 926 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 42682687691692292392492592692792892993093697610261426 ... LastLast
Results 13,876 to 13,890 of 22277

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Are we supposed to believe that Emma is any threat to Xavier and Magneto? I swear they better not job Charles and Erik to make Emma look badass or something.
    I think the cover is a bit of a misdirect, I think she's there to help Charles and Erik.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Are we supposed to believe that Emma is any threat to Xavier and Magneto? I swear they better not job Charles and Erik to make Emma look badass or something.

Emma is a threat to them both. It's heavily implied she already knows their secret about Moira and she's telepathically spanked Charles before despite not being as powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Secrets. Lies. They have a way of coming out when you least expect them. Fuego

'Inferno' #2 by Jonathan Hickman and @St3Caselli
    will shake Krakoa to its foundation. Cover by @JeromeAOpena
    Fuego! I'm so ready for this.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Moira alredy warned Xavier and Magneto to be careful with Emma and they ignored her.

They have allowed Cyclops to be both leader of Krakoa's armed forces and co-leader of the X-Men.

Do you know who finances the X-Men? Emma Frost.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Moira alredy warned Xavier and Magneto to be careful with Emma and they ignored her.

They have allowed Cyclops to be both leader of Krakoa's armed forces and co-leader of the X-Men.

Emma is perfectly situated for a takeover once Raven does her thing. She holds all the cards because Xavier and Mags think they are so clever. This could be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Emma is perfectly situated for a takeover once Raven does her thing. She holds all the cards because Xavier and Mags think they are so clever. This could be fun.
    I forget where he said it but Hickman said Emma is the most powerful mutant on Krakoa. Hmm...
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Fantastic Member

I mean yes let's jump to conclusions based on a cover, because if the last 60 years have shown us all anything it's that a cover of an X-book is a 100 percent accurate representation of what will happen within.
    Last edited by OmegaStorm87; 07-19-2021 at 03:57 PM.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

The cover may imply Emma is discovering Charles and Erik´s secrets but I don´t think it´s going to be something as simple as her just doing that and taking over the X-men because they already had planned to tell the X-men the whole truth at some point in the story and even used the especific words "Inferno" when they went to ask Emma to join them. So I believe this will be a continuation to HoX/PoX just this time it´s going to go deeper into Moira´s fear of Destiny, what Mystique´s knows, what Emma knows and what else Charles and Erik have changed from Moira´s original plans as well as Nimrods and the Phalanx part in all this.

Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 07-19-2021 at 02:41 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Oh my, that cover

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Drag them, my Queen! Drag them both!!! I know and understand why they listened to Moira but still...they should have known better.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post

Xavier is the wealthiest person in the MU according to HoX.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Me, an Emma hater: Oh look the privileged white people are fighting again. How quaint.

In all seriousness I hope its good.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Xavier is the wealthiest person in the MU according to HoX.
    Yes he is, as was stated by Hickman. Krakoa is self sufficient it doesn't need to be funded; and certainly not by Emma, and if it did Charles, Warren or Roberto could do it. Emma only has status, clout and a council seat on Krakoa because Xavier gave it to her. I just know that Xavier and Magneto are going to get thrown under the bus to prop up Mystique and given this cover, Emma too. I will continue to say Xavier and Magneto along with Moira have done nothing wrong, they give mutantkind a viable mutant nation and also immortality. No mutant "leader" has ever come close to doing that, not Apocalypse, Cyclops and certainly not Emma Frost. I hope Charles and Erik are unapologetic, defiant and takes no **** from anyone who wants to bitch and complain about being "lied" to. They have been planning mutantkind's salvation for decades, they should be praised and celebrated but sadly I think Hickman will portray them as the "bad guys" and the idea that we are supposed to root for Mystique or Emma as the heroes of this event is sickening. My worst fear coming out of Inferno is Xavier, Magneto and Moira in exile and Emma leading Krakoa. I wouldn't put it past Hickman to make this a reality, we shall see.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Never judge a book by its cover...that goes double and triple for comic books.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Never judge a book by its cover...that goes double and triple for comic books.
    Just think of all the covers featuring Wolverine prominently, even though he hardly appears in the actual book, just because it might sell more issues.