Page 701 of 1476 FirstFirst ... 2016016516916976986997007017027037047057117518011201 ... LastLast
Results 10,501 to 10,515 of 22138

Imagine stanning Sebastian Shaw LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    https://comicbook.com/comics/news/ma...-cover-reveal/
    Cover to issue 16

Maybe wr should have a post XOS thread since solicits and covers will probably be coming soon
    I love Emma and Kate together destroying Shaw, this is going to be awesome! Long Live the White Queen, Long Live the Red Queen! Let Hellfire Reign!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Has there ever been a plot in which Shaw was not a big bad wannabe in which he ended up pathetically humiliated?

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Back in the 90's comics I think. Or maybe the 80's. They blur together for some characters.

He was an equal to Emma at one point & they had a legit power struggle, I think. But Emma is a woman & more popular, so Shaw is not ever gonna be her equal or cause her much trouble.

He's in the club with Sabretooth. Once upon a time, he used to be competent too. lol

In addition to being in the same club, hopefully he'll be in the same pit too. Which would be good because I am waiting for at least 1 other villain to get tossed down there.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 09-11-2020 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    https://comicbook.com/comics/news/ma...-cover-reveal/
    Cover to issue 16

Maybe wr should have a post XOS thread since solicits and covers will probably be coming soon
    Epic and gorgeous. RD should be doing interiors for this book. Just imagine how much even better it would be. I hope this series continues for awhile.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Has there ever been a plot in which Shaw was not a big bad wannabe in which he ended up pathetically humiliated?
    Xavier's Legacy. Cool arc with Xavier, Gambit, Shaw and Sinister.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    "great character"

"sebastian shaw"

"jobbing"

Amazing reaction and my thoughts exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    So a great character like Shaw gets jobbed out, humiliated and is made to be a joke instead of a formidable opponent all in the name of pushing Emma and Kitty. It's pathetic but not unexpected considering the writer and his agenda. Will always side with Shaw over Kitty and Emma.
    Yes how dare he have the agenda that the heroes win as if this was some sort of comic book. Also if strong female characters makes you feel insecure boy do I have bad news for you about the rest of the franchise.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    He lost his memory and was basically a different person hanging out in Hope's book for a while.

Astonishing Member

Children of the atom starts in January.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Children of the atom starts in January.
    I thought they might do that, they’ve pushed it back until after X of Swords.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    So a great character like Shaw gets jobbed out, humiliated and is made to be a joke instead of a formidable opponent all in the name of pushing Emma and Kitty. It's pathetic but not unexpected considering the writer and his agenda. Will always side with Shaw over Kitty and Emma.
    I'm not sure what you were expecting after Emma killed Shaw in Black and House/Powers brought everyone back.
    "Cable was right!"

Shaw was great and a formidable enemy in the 80´s now he is nothing than a misogynist

Quote Originally Posted by Crossfist View Post
    What agenda?
    He must have scored an advanced copy since he knows what happens in the book.

I love Kate's hair on this cover!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    Shaw was great and a formidable enemy in the 80´s now he is nothing than a misogynist
    It is a shame. I liked him more as a ruthless businessman with military industrial interests, and his network(Tessa and the various Inner Circles). Like, the real Illuminati. Since Emma shed her classical characterization, he's somehow become the center of all evil and his more competent and compelling aspects were lost. We just had an issues with Emma killing him just before this Hickman Era. I don't understand why we had to do it all over again, but decompressed over 12 or 18 issues(and not even bothering to add some thoughtful complexities along the way).

Hickman himself addressed this in his intro story when Xavier recruits Emma and stipulates Shaw gas to be involved too. Why not just have Remy handle the black market distribution? His Guild networks would've had plenty of experience in moving goods. Gambit and Rogue running a pirate shipping company sounds even better than this Emma and Kitty nonsense. Xavier insisting on Shaw having a seat on the QC ultimately makes him responsible(wearing Cerebro all day and still can't understand people), or are they just saving that for next?
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!