Page 703 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 2036036536936997007017027037047057067077137538031203 ... LastLast
Results 10,531 to 10,545 of 22277
    Astonishing Member

Eh, Hickman has pretty much free reign. I doubt he wanted to use rogue, but couldn’t because editorial would force him to use gambit at the same time. I don’t know what Hickman has said or not said personally, but it’s pretty clear from his writing that he has a favorite character type and he’s been sticking with his favorites.

Why when a human kills a thousand mutants it is "Well, NOT ALL HUMANS ARE LIKE THIS" but as soon as a mutant does something bad to a human it is all "God, mutants are all evil, Krakoa is evil".

Are all the superheroes and inhabitants of the United States evil every time their government has a president war criminal? (AKA always).

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Why when a human kills a thousand mutants it is "Well, NOT ALL HUMANS ARE LIKE THIS" but as soon as a mutant does something bad to a human it is all "God, mutants are all evil, Krakoa is evil".

Are all the superheroes and inhabitants of the United States evil every time their government has a president war criminal? (AKA always).
    I’m really starting to wonder that.

Can’t delete.
    Last edited by Frobisher; 09-12-2020 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Duplicate

That was wrong thread, sorry

Astonishing Member

How many normal humans actualy managed to get that kind of body count against mutants by themself?
    Just asking, because i'm not that well versed in the unpowered human villains of the X-verse. They tend to be just organizations of one dimensional faceless henchmen, with a rather base leader figure and no noteworthy fighters or characters in their ranks.
    While a lot of the mutant or super empowered villain groups seem much more interesting overall.

It seems the murder of mutants at the hands of unpowered humans is usualy a group effort. Performed by clandestine organizations like the Purifiers, U-Man, Friends of Humanity, etc. who are not so dissimilar to the various groups mutant villains form.
    Compared to many of the more powerfull mutant or super natural villains of the X-men who can do a lot worse by their lonesome (both against mutants and normal humans alike).

In terms of normal human enemies, at the moment i only recall William Striker (group), The Leper Queen (group), Graydon Creed (group), Arcade (solo), Cameron Hodge (group, plus technological enhancements) and Lady Deathstrike (tech). But again if there are more notable ones it would be good to bring them up.

I would exclude Trask though, given that the died trying to stop his creation and lost controll of them almost right away.

If i recall right the biggest murder of mutants were actualy organized by non-mutants like Cassandra Nova, Sublime and Mister Sinister, with humans as their pawns at best.
    The Weapon X director might count with Neverland, but i recall he had help from Sinister and Sublime.

Wouldn't it actualy be time for the X-men to have a purely unpowered human villian who is dangerous and formidable as enemy, by themself, no need for an organization of faceless, nameless goons?

This is one problem i have with the current Dawn of X direction. There just aren't any interesting villains yet. Almost all the mutant villains are chilling on Krakoa and except for the mad scientist grannies, the normal human enemies are same interchangable stock figures.
    Not even the magical or alien side has provided much in terms of interesting enemies. The first real danger the X-men seem to face in this direction are Arakko and the first Horsemen, which seem to be mutants for the most part. But i digress.

IF the rest of humanity is their biggest enemy currently, it seems somewhat lame to me, that they are only presented as a grey mass of one-dimensional goons of some easy to defeat random organizations. Rather than having their own stand out figures.

Btw. The impression i got from HOX/POX is that they aren't. Which makes sense if you see humans and mutants as ultimately still the same (almost all mutants who get their powers supressed revert to a base human state, showing that they aren't truely seperated from their human roots, just like the various super powered Kree, Shi'ar or Skrulls are still that in nature rather than claiming or be claimed to be seperated species, if i don't recall it wrong).
    By trying to seperate themselves from another or being forced to seperate by the actions of few, they just cause their own collective demise. If all lives Moira has lived resulted in the future of x3, then humanity entirely is the one who loses, not just mutants.
    Infact, it wouldn't suprise me if the current direction of Krakoa under Xavier and Magneto is just going to result in the same outcome. A purpose created form of "post humans" which replaced and deplaced the previous forms, joining the Phallanx to become "more" and with that causing the extinction of humanity entirely.
    Last edited by Grunty; 09-12-2020 at 04:20 PM.

Are December solicitations coming out this week or next?

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty_Boys View Post
    I have no idea, but can't wait for them to be released. I want to know more about the New Mutants new team and the other post-XoS books

Typically they don't come out too long after the DC solicitations, so sometime this week seems like a decent bet.

Astonishing Member

Today or tomorrow.

Hope some shake ups make more characters get the spotlight

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Investigate mutants who may be dead so that they can be resurrected. As a clone, there is no reason to resurrect her as her existence is redundant with Jean and they dont want dupes around. Maddie was last seen alive. Yes, she's been MIA for years but there unfortunately for her, no incentive to look for her, at least not for the purpose for which X-Factor was formed
    Well that was settled today. Welp

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Well that was settled today. Welp
    Does that mean Gabby has to watch her hide now that she will be on New Mutants?

Or was she created splicing Laura's DNA with someone else's like how Laura herself created (which disqualifies her from being a clone)?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Does that mean Gabby has to watch her hide now that she will be on New Mutants?

Or was she created splicing Laura's DNA with someone else's like how Laura herself created (which disqualifies her from being a clone)?
    I think its more of if your viewed as a copy gabby should be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    I think its more of if your viewed as a copy gabby should be safe.
    The decision of whether or not someone is a clone is likely to be made by the person who has been cloned.