Page 746 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 2466466967367427437447457467477487497507567968461246 ... LastLast
Results 11,176 to 11,190 of 22286
    Extraordinary Member

Still no Laura, Synch and Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Xavier's outfit is basically The Maker but with an X, so it always gives off weird villain vibes. Hopefully they make the helmet smaller in the future.
    I think it's meant to give off those vibes.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

While I don't hate the design I hope it's not permanent mainly for that reason.

Also I personally prefer Xavier in a wheelchair visually but I know that doesn't make sense in context since he was disabled because he was injured, not born with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    I still wonder if Changling......
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I still wonder if Changling......
    I actually really like Changeling's original headgear. It's SO over the top. Literally.
    Last edited by nx01a; 10-30-2020 at 09:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    I got the impression the similarity was created to give the hint that Xavier might be on a narrow path from which he could slip into The Maker territory. Especialy since we don't know his plans for mutantkinds future.

He could very well be on the path to turn mutants into something akin to the people from The City, where everyone is born artifical and made for a purpose. After all the greatest weakness of mutants in the face of the homo novissima was that mutants are born with random powers, rather than the "desired" powers.

So his grand strategy for their survival and victory might be to remove that from them and instead shape them into something more "efficient". Who knows how much Moira's little show of (unconfirmable) memories has broken him, to the point of a more subtile madness?

Only while Ultimate Reed Richards created such a society to spite his wive and former friends, Xavier intends it out of a form of love for humanity and a desire to see them survive. Not realising what he is luring them into might rob them of what makes them human (turning them into a humanoid ant swarm).

Astonishing Member

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=103268400

White sword had a healing factor better then logans and there is a 10th xmen to hold a sword

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Xavier's outfit is basically The Maker but with an X, so it always gives off weird villain vibes. Hopefully they make the helmet smaller in the future.
    Hickman clearly defined Xavier as a hero in one of his interviews, so I hope he continues to give the character some breathing space. I would rather Cerebro's design was just a reference to Morrison's run

Maybe I'm naive, but I'm tired of Evil!Xavier

However, I am concerned about how he might be written outside of the X-books (especially in King in Black, based on the previews)

The helmet has a deliberate effect of making him look creepy, just like whenever you hide the eyes of a character, it is the first thing that people look for in other people to empathize with them. Just like Alien.

Whenever he takes it off it is for his most human moments in which he shows weakness, as in Davos or X of Swords (in which he has maintained a moral stance)

BANNED

It's the same thing as when Magneto's helmet completely shades his face, except for the eyes sometimes, even if the lighting of the scene doesn't go with that. It's just an aesthetic choice to give an unsettling vibe. Xavier has been most benevolent, if a tad shady (the exception being his dealing with Mystique, a sociopath that should never be trusted), since House of X #1 and it's the kind of thing that throws the reader off. Because you feel like his appearance doesn't mix with most of his words. So you wonder if he's putting up a facade of being a good person, or if you're being tricked due to comic book cliches.

Of course, that's all my scorching hot take and I might be full of ****. But it makes sense for me.

Astonishing Member

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...of-future-past

Days of the Future Past prelude that Claremont did with Larroca for the Claremont collection book

I thought Kurt was killed early in that timeline with Amanda walking with Illyana to school when government agents attacked the mansion

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...of-future-past

Days of the Future Past prelude that Claremont did with Larroca for the Claremont collection book

I thought Kurt was killed early in that timeline with Amanda walking with Illyana to school when government agents attacked the mansion
    Excited for that.
    Reminds me of Xtreme X-Men.
    Gambit is mentioned as fugitive on cover.
    I hope he will appear in it.

Sad that it is just a one shot and not a mini.

More X-Treme X-Men? I hope others enjoy it but nah, thanks. I'm good. And Iron Man? Ugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

I have a lot of confidence that DoFP Prelude is going to be painful in art and in script. Colors will be gorgeous though!*

*Just occurred to me this is my comics nerd version of saying "great gowns, beautiful gowns" LMAO