Page 851 of 1477 FirstFirst ... 3517518018418478488498508518528538548558619019511351 ... LastLast
Results 12,751 to 12,765 of 22153

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    This happened to lot of chaarcters before Armor, she is not special
    Calm down, I never claimed she was special (although she does have a pretty unique power). I am expressing my let down that a character I love didn't make the cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    They might not be able to keep the lineup out of the advance solicits too much longer and would rather do an official announcement rather than have it spoiled without getting any buzz out of it?
    Yeah that makes sense, rather than have it leak or spoil marvel is announcing it themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    These kinds of fates seem to happen often enough that it feels like a repeating pattern to me.

A writer creates a new character for or gives a previously minor character a spot on the big team. Said character gets promoted, gets a big moment to shine, (beats Wolverine or fights to a draw with him) and it's either implied or downright shown that they will be on the big team for a long time.

And then the writer changes, the character is dropped by the wayside or reduced to supporting role and all the previous attempts at making them big feel somewhat silly in retrospective.

So at least Armor isn't alone in that fate.

Also she still seems popular enough with artists to frequently get shown in artwork and on promo images.
    Yeah Armor was one of the most popular new x-kid of the 2000's after Laura. It seemed the x-office was serious about making her the next big x-man based on her relationship and interactions with Logan, Emma and Scott but then battle of the atom happened and all the x-kids got tossed to the side for the time displaced O5.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Im gonna say thank god she lost. She is the New X-men thats been given the most chances to be a full fledged X-men. Its time to spread the love and let some of the younger set get that same push.

They can still reveal the team without the final member. They dont have to do it now. X-men Red kept Storm as the final member until the issue hit (although many correctly speculated her). Just dont put the winner on any of the initial covers
    Highly disagree with your first take. I mean people can say the exact same thing about the gen x members, just because Armor and the rest of the new x-men/academy x kids got sideline because the x-office dropped the ball on them doesn't mean they don't deserve to get their potential fulfilled.

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    Highly disagree with your first take. I mean people can say the exact same thing about the gen x members, just because Armor and the rest of the new x-men/academy x kids got sideline because the x-office dropped the ball on them doesn't mean they don't deserve to get their potential fulfilled.
    What does Gen X have to do with anything? This isnt a competition against them. Anyone can feel that way about them and its fine. That doesnt change how I feel about Armor

What does Gen X have to do with anything? This isnt a competition against them. Anyone can feel that way about them and its fine. That doesnt change how I feel about Armor
    I was using gen x as an example and I don't think I implied some kind of competition?

Looks like duggan is showing more of his new team book tomorrow
    https://twitter.com/gerryduggan/stat...458775556?s=21
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Looks like duggan is showing more of his new team book tomorrow
    https://twitter.com/gerryduggan/stat...458775556?s=21
    "My vote went to Tempo, but I'm thrilled to write Polaris for Pepe. She shines bright in the first issue. If your favorite didn't make the inaugural team of fearless X-Men, worry not -- there's always next year." - Duggan
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Peter David is writing X-Men Legends with Todd Nuack doing art. Exciting!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PetPigeon View Post
    I'm confused why you're so convinced this is out of continuity? You really just keep coming across as a Debbie Downer regarding the whole story.
    CBR has a worded preview for the Woman of Marvel book. Turns out, it IS in continuity. Or at least supposed to take place in the current one.

It takes place after Feral has just been replicated back to life and apperently assigned as room mate to Marrow.

Interesting detail. Feral doesn't know her, so either she isn't aware of Marrow being Sarah from way back during the Morlocks, or the two never met at the time. But judging by her reaction Sarah does know her.

Btw.
    Campbell mentioned in a marvel Q&A:
    "Best thing about being a Woman of Marvel? - Getting to write a Feral story! And then parleying that into a Feral spin-off series down the road."

An ongoing series sounds a bit too optimistic in my opinion, but a mini series could be neat.

As for why i assumed this story might not be in continuity.
    The Rogue and Mystique story seems to be in some undefined point in time, when Mystique was leading the Brotherhood of Evil mutants and trying to recruit Vincent Stegron for it. Which could be anywhere in or out of continuity similar to the Peggy Carter story.

So there was a 50/50 chance the other X-men related story might not be either.
    Last edited by Grunty; 04-15-2021 at 01:23 PM.

BANNED

Yes, a friend sent me the pages. I am excited for it for sure!

https://twitter.com/GerryDuggan/stat...71644481949699

Hope Duggan got to write Tempo either way

Lorna should have never been on the ballot

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Lorna should have never been on the ballot
    I mean there was never a real "vote". She was always going to be in this. The poll was just a marketing tool. It had no impact on the final outcome

I mean there was never a real "vote". She was always going to be in this. The poll was just a marketing tool. It had no impact on the final outcome
    Never discount the internet's ability to throw a curve. If Marvel was smart about this, the entire list would have been approved by Duggan in advance just in case someone other than the most likely candidate came out the winner. That way even if the voters didn't act as predicted the author wouldn't be stuck with someone they have zero interest in. I'd like to avoid a redo of Bunn's X-Men Blue if possible.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Duggan said that he voted on Tempo

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

It doesn't matter, she was never winning.

and if he wants her on the team, she'll be on the team regardless of this poll. Duggan knew before that went up that was was gonna be writing Lorna