Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    X-men #25 Variant CF Villa Stormbreakers

https://previewsworld.com/Catalog/MAY231078

Logan, Peter, Synch, Talon, I want to say Sunfire, Polaris and 3 other mutants are there with Lockjaw.

Is that trying to hint something or just a variant as we saw Lockjaw in cameo in another book this past Wednesday.
    I think its the Five (Hope, Elixir, Proteus, Egg and Tempus)

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    X-men #25 Variant CF Villa Stormbreakers

https://previewsworld.com/Catalog/MAY231078

Logan, Peter, Synch, Talon, I want to say Sunfire, Polaris and 3 other mutants are there with Lockjaw.

Is that trying to hint something or just a variant as we saw Lockjaw in cameo in another book this past Wednesday.
    Looks like the five. Makes sense they would be on the move and have protectors during Fall.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I enjoy when writers or artists remember that Logan likes to read.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    This is cute. Lockjaw should be everywhere! Perhaps if Kamala is indeed moving in with the mutants (wherever that may be), Lockjaw will accompany her? Although often a cover is just a cover.
    That's the first thought I had when I saw Lockjaw, a Kamala connection.

Ok yeah that's the Five in the background. It's a really sweet cover.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    That's the first thought I had when I saw Lockjaw, a Kamala connection.

Ok yeah that's the Five in the background. It's a really sweet cover.
    ... besides Colossus watching the Five and plotting their murder

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    ... besides Colossus watching the Five and plotting their murder
    LOL! I wasn't sure how to even address his presence. Poor guy.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    LOL! I wasn't sure how to even address his presence. Poor guy.
    You know the one thing i can't get by with the Colossus story, i get a telepath not actively reading his mind, but the constant thoughts calling out for anyone to save him, i don't get how even a low level telepath isn't picking up on that level of mental stress. Poor guy indeed.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    You know the one thing i can't get by with the Colossus story, i get a telepath not actively reading his mind, but the constant thoughts calling out for anyone to save him, i don't get how even a low level telepath isn't picking up on that level of mental stress. Poor guy indeed.
    Yeah, the ironic thing is I know both Percy and Gillen have been emphasizing that to up the pathos and angst of the storyline.......but if they just hadn't done that, they would've had an out for why telepaths HAVEN'T heard any of this. The Chronicler's a reality warper, not a telepath. He's not mind controlling Peter, he's warping reality so that Peter acts according to the script The Chronicler is writing out for him. Meaning there's a built in disconnect for Peter's thoughts not having to reveal anything about his actions or that someone's pulling his strings.....and it'd be impossible for telepaths to detect a hostile psychic presence around Peter or accompanying him, like has happened with other possession stories.

But both Percy and Gillen voluntarily invalidated this possibility in order to make things angstier for Peter....because by having The Chronicler be ironic and pithy when scripting things like how Peter's reflections on his powerlessness are like a Russian novel.....the Chronicler is literally writing into his own script that Peter's thoughts are screaming for someone to help him.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Yeah, the ironic thing is I know both Percy and Gillen have been emphasizing that to up the pathos and angst of the storyline.......but if they just hadn't done that, they would've had an out for why telepaths HAVEN'T heard any of this. The Chronicler's a reality warper, not a telepath. He's not mind controlling Peter, he's warping reality so that Peter acts according to the script The Chronicler is writing out for him. Meaning there's a built in disconnect for Peter's thoughts not having to reveal anything about his actions or that someone's pulling his strings.....and it'd be impossible for telepaths to detect a hostile psychic presence around Peter or accompanying him, like has happened with other possession stories.

But both Percy and Gillen voluntarily invalidated this possibility in order to make things angstier for Peter....because by having The Chronicler be ironic and pithy when scripting things like how Peter's reflections on his powerlessness are like a Russian novel.....the Chronicler is literally writing into his own script that Peter's thoughts are screaming for someone to help him.
    In that case the Chronicler should also be able to write that no telepath is listening the Peter's internal thoughts.

I'm probably mistaken but isn't Colossus almost always in armor form nowadays ? Isn't he impervious to telepathy or something in taht form ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    I'm probably mistaken but isn't Colossus almost always in armor form nowadays ? Isn't he impervious to telepathy or something in taht form ?
    I feel like this should be true but i also feel like i have seen many instances where telepathy was used on him. One that stands out is psylocke and the butterfly effect. But then it also stands to reason if he is immune to telepathy what is it about this particular means of psychic control that is going through. But then i admit i jumped off x-force in the 20s so i couldn't tell you how much was put into describing exactly what the chronicler is doing but Pete was in human form at certain points since his possession if i'm remembering correctly.

He also has to get backups as well so surprising there are no anomalies showing up in the data there. Like how synch info from he vault ballooned his data size.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Exactly. If not for the inner thoughts and it was just silent it would have worked better for me. There have been too many times when we see telepaths excuse themselves because someone thoughts were screaming so not one telepath picking up on anything seems like quite the feat. Also it makes me wonder how aware chronicler is of his subject like how does he know who will be in a room how does he account for a mutant like forget me not or ones who don't show up on any radar
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Jean is an omega legal telepath and she literally did a mental probe on him and found nothing. I didnt like that

But i guess that was the point. If the island's most powerful telepath can do an intentional full mental scan and find nothing, than the telepaths on the QC arent going to casually pick up on anything either
    Last edited by Havok83; 06-25-2023 at 03:39 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jean is an omega legal telepath and she literally did a mental probe on him and found nothing. I didnt like that

But i guess that was the point. If the island's most powerful telepath can do an intentional full mental scan and find nothing, than the telepaths on the QC arent going to casually pick up on anything either
    Well that's what I mean. Initially, how the Chronicler and his effect were initially depicted, it could've worked. Up until Ayala had him mention to Illyana that he was having black outs, he canonically didn't know anyone was controlling his actions. But they've shifted course since then and Gillen for instance chose to emphasize Piotr's awareness of his situation in order to amp up the angst in his POV issue. My take on the scan you included here is that the Chronicler's power works by warping reality so the character he's focused on takes the actions the Chronicler writes into his script.....without necessarily knowing why they're doing that. But he's a reality warper, not a telepath. There's no mental intrusion to detect, because none exists.

What's changed now is that they decided that at some point Piotr started to question why he was taking actions that didn't align with what he WANTED to do in certain situations or that he couldn't remember, and his own awareness that he's not in control is what has him screaming in his head, and should be the thoughts other telepaths with a history of sensing 'big emotions/thoughts' just by being nearby should be picking up. If Jean did a scan of Piotr NOW, she'd easily read the whole history of Piotr's blackouts, when he started to realize he was being puppeteered, everything he's thought about what he's being made to do, etc.

But with how the Chronicler's power has been described/explained, there's no telepathic gag order keeping Piotr from telling anyone what's going on. Piotr's not telling anyone because the Chronicler made a point to write into his narrative that Piotr literally can not tell anyone....BUT the Chronicler ALSO has made a point to let his script include Piotr's awareness of his powerlessness and his mental reactions to it....and thus he's written into the story a big old loophole....Piotr may not be able to voice his situation, but he can think about it....when the Chronicler could have kept Piotr in the dark by continuing the black-outs he was experiencing.

Piotr being fully aware of his plight is the more emotionally compelling narrative, so Gillen and Percy have decided its worth it to write the Chronicler 'let' Piotr scream about it in the privacy of his own head. But the tradeoff is the logistical issue its opened up, as its been looooong established that many of the very same telepaths who spend most of their time in the same room as Piotr, OFTEN pick up thoughts that are loud/intensive enough that its like the person is screaming them.
    Last edited by BobbysWorld; 06-25-2023 at 03:57 PM.

I think it’s more a matter of two writers not communicating and the editor not doing his job. Maybe I’m wrong…