Page 10 of 1481 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420601105101010 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    How is the X-Men relunch so far? Is it worth reading? 'Cause I really miss reading the x books.
    X-Men BLUE is a surprisingly entertaining read.
    As are Jean Grey and Iceman, respectively.
    My humble opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    X-Men BLUE is a surprisingly entertaining read.
    As are Jean Grey and Iceman, respectively.
    My humble opinions.
    Thank you for your response. I'm glad that Jean has an entertaining book because I do like her.

I guess I will give them a chance. What do you think about Generation X? Is it worth picking up?

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Hadn't seen this posted yet, upcoming artwork for X-Men Blue by Molina featuring a Cyclops, Blood Storm, and Hound Rachel in what seems like a DoFP variant timeline:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BV0wbvRgyy-/

I'm excited!
    That really seems to be a dark future; Havok appears to have died twice.

BANNED

Thank you for your response. I'm glad that Jean has an entertaining book because I do like her.

I guess I will give them a chance. What do you think about Generation X? Is it worth picking up?
    I think Gen X is worth it. Mostly characters with little background so easier to write them. Another original Gen X'er returns for the next arc. If you can't stand Quentin Quire it might be a problem though...

XMen Gold started out weak in it's first arc but the second one improved a lot... we'll see how the third arc goes...

I person find it very entertaining. Though, the first two issues are a bit slow and the art may take some getting used to. I love the cast and Christina Strain manages to capture their voices very well! This current arc is going to focus on Monet St Croix being merged with her brother and causing havoc in Central Park.

Honestly, issues 1 and 2 aren't anything WOW worthy.
    But I do believe that the overarching story will be compelling. Its just a matter of getting some MEAT to it.

How is the X-Men relunch so far? Is it worth reading? 'Cause I really miss reading the x books.
    Pretty strong, particularly when compared to the ANAD relaunch. It's not all stellar, but I wouldn't say there's a single book that's really, really bad. Gen X probs comes closest imo.
    If there's a "breakout hit", X-Men Blue is it.
    X-Men Gold is not life-changing, but it's more than passable. Weapon X falls into this same category, except the pacing is like an inversed Gold; Gold has had 6 issues with two arcs, whilst it feels like it's taking Weapon X four issues, a tie-in and a crossover to get through it's first story.
    Iceman, Jean Grey are both great additions as of right now, with Cable's solo lacking a bit (but hopefully gaining more momentum in coming issues, as so far he's only had his first). I'm not caught up with the ResurreXion stories for the other solos, OML and ANW, but I hear good things.
    Secret Empire: United (one-shot) and Uncanny Avengers are both sort-of-X-books. They may not be part of the relaunch, but they're definitely worth a read.

Naturally a lot of this is down to taste (some people are ardent defenders of Gen X, where as I think that, whilst not terrible, it is incredibly flawed), but I'm confident in saying there's been more hits than misses with this relaunch.

BANNED

Hadn't seen this posted yet, upcoming artwork for X-Men Blue by Molina featuring a Cyclops, Blood Storm, and Hound Rachel in what seems like a DoFP variant timeline:

I'm excited!
    I'm guessing Mojo more so than an Alt. Time line.

But I do believe that the overarching story will be compelling. Its just a matter of getting some MEAT to it.
    Right. It might be worth trade-waiting on that book, given the slow burn of the story so far. Depending on the pre-order discounts, it might come out cheaper than buying the single issues.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 06-27-2017 at 09:22 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    I'm guessing Mojo more so than an Alt. Time line.
    OH yeah, it's gonna be ALL about MOJO Jo-Jo, soon enough! The maniacal monstrosity will be monopolizing both Blue AND Gold with his manufactured mayhem, in just a matter of months, you can be sure of it!

XMB, from Giovanni Valletta: https://twitter.com/gio2286

TREACHEROUS!
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 06-27-2017 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    OH yeah, it's gonna be ALL about MOJO Jo-Jo, soon enough! The maniacal monstrosity will be monopolizing both Blue AND Gold with his manufactured mayhem, in just a matter of months, you can be sure of it!

XMB, from Giovanni Valletta: https://twitter.com/gio2286?lang=en

I'm disappointed that Valletta is leaving the X-Men after only two issues, but it's for the John Wick comic so I'm excited.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    I'm disappointed that Valletta is leaving the X-Men after only two issues, but it's for the John Wick comic so I'm excited.
    Is it possible he's just going into rotation, like Cory Smith has said about his status w/XMB, and what now looks like Molina's as well? Would kinda make sense, if they keep up the double-shipping schedule. Gio seemed really excited about penciling Blue, and I REALLY like his work, so I hope he & we... get MANY more opportunities at mutual, enthusiastic enjoyment!

I'm excited!
    Looks awesome. I feel better about having an alternate Wolverine present if we also have an alternate Storm. And now the O5 are actually traveling to another reality. Yup. They don't belong in the 616.1.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    I think Gen X is worth it. Mostly characters with little background so easier to write them. Another original Gen X'er returns for the next arc. If you can't stand Quentin Quire it might be a problem though...

XMen Gold started out weak in it's first arc but the second one improved a lot... we'll see how the third arc goes...
    Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    I person find it very entertaining. Though, the first two issues are a bit slow and the art may take some getting used to. I love the cast and Christina Strain manages to capture their voices very well! This current arc is going to focus on Monet St Croix being merged with her brother and causing havoc in Central Park.
    Quote Originally Posted by akiresu_ View Post
    Pretty strong, particularly when compared to the ANAD relaunch. It's not all stellar, but I wouldn't say there's a single book that's really, really bad. Gen X probs comes closest imo.
    If there's a "breakout hit", X-Men Blue is it.
    X-Men Gold is not life-changing, but it's more than passable. Weapon X falls into this same category, except the pacing is like an inversed Gold; Gold has had 6 issues with two arcs, whilst it feels like it's taking Weapon X four issues, a tie-in and a crossover to get through it's first story.
    Iceman, Jean Grey are both great additions as of right now, with Cable's solo lacking a bit (but hopefully gaining more momentum in coming issues, as so far he's only had his first). I'm not caught up with the ResurreXion stories for the other solos, OML and ANW, but I hear good things.
    Secret Empire: United (one-shot) and Uncanny Avengers are both sort-of-X-books. They may not be part of the relaunch, but they're definitely worth a read.

Naturally a lot of this is down to taste (some people are ardent defenders of Gen X, where as I think that, whilst not terrible, it is incredibly flawed), but I'm confident in saying there's been more hits than misses with this relaunch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Right. It might be worth trade-waiting on that book, given the slow burn of the story so far. Depending on the pre-order discounts, it might come out cheaper than buying the single issues.
    Thank you all for your recommendations. I'm definitely giving this relunch a chance.

https://twitter.com/GRYKING/status/881900390647832577
    Magik and Havok will appear "Sometime in the near future in a X-Book"

And heres a teaser for Xmen Blue #8:
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer