Page 1042 of 1490 FirstFirst ... 425429429921032103810391040104110421043104410451046105210921142 ... LastLast
Results 15,616 to 15,630 of 22347

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    So you stopped reading X-Men 35+ years ago, but came back today to say the X-Men aren't how you remember them?
    Well, they didn’t age well… if their values are exactly the contrary of the ones they had… I have read some issues between early times and more recent times… during a long time, their characterization hasn’t much changed…

Now what is the point of calling them the “X-men” ? What does that name represent? The authors don’t even care… Continuity? Gone through the window…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Mighty Member

Great cover but I think Jean should wear her red Phoenix costume instead of a costume that looks so much like Polaris or Rogue.

If they didn't color their hairs in 3 different colors (Pol, Rogue, Jean), we wouldn't know who is who.

The cover looks amazing.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Oh,... so we are gonna get another relaunch, new #1 issue and so on...?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Ooooop.... well ain't that something.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    I stopped reading X-men stories before that… They were always friendly and easy-going… perfect reading for a child.
    Are you still a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Honestly I dropped it a while back. Reading the spoilers it’s literally just spinning it’s wheels. Aside from possibly Synch and some
    Of the captain krakoa stuff everyone is just stagnant character development wise.
    Spoilers? Duggan did ask that no one leak the story. I didnt get it. If that's the case he must really feel awful... poor him, I hope no one leaks it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Well, they didn’t age well… if their values are exactly the contrary of the ones they had… I have read some issues between early times and more recent times… during a long time, their characterization hasn’t much changed…

Now what is the point of calling them the “X-men” ? What does that name represent? The authors don’t even care… Continuity? Gone through the window…
    Well you are always welcome to not read the books. It's not like someone is forcing you too. Complaining about something you haven't read for decades is very unnecessary.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Oh,... so we are gonna get another relaunch, new #1 issue and so on...?
    I don't see why the book can't just continue with it's current number, but Marvel tries to squeeze out a new #1 every chance they get so it wouldn't shock me.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I don't see why the book can't just continue with it's current number, but Marvel tries to squeeze out a new #1 every chance they get so it wouldn't shock me.
    I think Duggan mentioned that issues 13 and 14 would introduce the new team so it seems like it’s not getting relaunched. Plans could have changed since then though.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

My one critique about Duggan's X-Men at this point would be not really pushing the main plot thread(s) to completion sooner (with a few issues like the Nightmare being "filler".) Which absolutely makes it correct that for nine issues...nothing has been accomplished, with the main Gamesworld plot being resolved in the next issue or two making this a 12-issue arc (Under another writer it would have been resolved in three issues max!...01 GW assassins attack. 02 Intel acquired, fight taken to GW. 03 GW vs XM, end arc.) and the secondary plots Feilong, Stasis and Orchis etc "to-be-continued" possibly in the next iteration of the team.

That said, I enjoy Duggan's X-Men for what it is not for what I personally want or expected (I understand that current writers are not at all like the "classic writers" nor are they under similar Editorial direction so I cannot in all fairness hold them to that standard) or else like most of you, I would have been done with it a long time ago out of sheer boredom and disappointment.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Spectacular Member

According to the artist, Judgement Day will be 6 issues. The 1st issue being 30 pages
    Capture.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    Well you are always welcome to not read the books. It's not like someone is forcing you too. Complaining about something you haven't read for decades is very unnecessary.
    It’s not a complain about a comic, a picture has been posted… for everyone to see it. Then everyone can say something…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Feels like the roster has barely settled in and gotten to really flourish before they're going to shake it up at the next Gala.
    As much as I'm enjoying the X-Men book...I agree 100%.
    I really wish the X-Men vote thing was at least every two-three years (our time)
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I think Duggan mentioned that issues 13 and 14 would introduce the new team so it seems like it’s not getting relaunched. Plans could have changed since then though.
    He mentioned that in january which is fairly recent so I doubt plans have changed since then