Page 1044 of 1489 FirstFirst ... 445449449941034104010411042104310441045104610471048105410941144 ... LastLast
Results 15,646 to 15,660 of 22327

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    There's no way lol. Between Hoxpox and Inferno it was literally three months. We don't know if the Gala is 'annual' or what now, just that in real time it is.
    How do you know there wont be a time jump account for this? X-men #5 under Hickman jumped several months within the same issue. The Gala was stated to be an annual thing last year in the books, so if another one is happening, then it's likely to have been a year since the first unless they say otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Yes, there's no way it's one year in universe. Not only because not that much happened, but because it would bring Spider-Man one year closer to becoming an old man of 29 years old.
    The X-books have nothing to do with the Spider-line.There have been so many different time jumps that have not been referenced there at all.
    Last edited by Havok83; 03-10-2022 at 04:51 PM.

Extraordinary Member

https://twitter.com/GerryDuggan/stat...89342205964289

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Duggan @GerryDuggan
    I can't have a Hellfire Gala "every year" either, but...watch me go. HAHA.
    Remember that time Beast and/or Wolverine broke time? Yeah, still feeling it.

the gala is not every year in-universe but, im pretty sure it goes off a moon cycle. Duggan stated this a while back in an xmen monday
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Duggan is definitely going for one year in-universe between the Hellfire Galas.
    This doesn't really work with other Marvel books but that's what he is going for in his book.

In-universe, the Hellfire Gala occurs on the Summer Solstice (which was on 21 June in 2021 and will be on 21 June in 2022).
    I posted this a couple of months ago:

Quote Originally Posted by alanyoung909 View Post
    Actually, when reading the Marvel books as they come out weekly, it's pretty clear that unless the issues have cliffhangers that flow directly into the next issue, the amount of comic time that passes between issues is basically the same as real time.

The Marvel time effect only kicks in when you have flashbacks depicting events that happened some time ago. Then you suddenly get statements like 'the Arakki arrived two weeks before the Hellfire Gala' or 'Professor X and Magneto established Krakoa two months before the present-day events of Inferno 3', neither of which make any sense if you actually read the books.

If you consider the X-Men title in isolation,
    Issue 1 was one week after the Hellfire Gala, which explicitly took place on the Summer Solstice. (July)
    Issue 4 was on Halloween. (October)
    Issue 5 was during Thanksgiving - the X-Men were giving away food and clothing for a Thanksgiving charity. (November)
    Issue 6 was during Christmas - Captain Krakoa was decorating a Christmas tree. (December)

So that's 6 months gone by in the span of 6 issues. It's perfectly believable that another 6 months will pass by the time we reach X-Men 12.
    And now the solicit for X-Men 12 says that it takes place on the eve of the Gala - so 20 June.
    So the in-universe period of time between X-Men 1 and X-Men 12 is around 11 months.
    Last edited by alanyoung909; 03-10-2022 at 06:08 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

If it is real time equivalent of one year in-comic...then the X-Men really sat around doing absolutely nothing in dealing with GamesWorld...this makes absolutely no sense and yes, this is "normal" for comics but...how do Editorial and Duggan logically explain this?

It really does not add up...if you think about too hard.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    If it is real time equivalent of one year in-comic...then the X-Men really sat around doing absolutely nothing in dealing with GamesWorld...this makes absolutely no sense and yes, this is "normal" for comics but...how do Editorial and Duggan logically explain this?

It really does not add up...if you think about too hard.
    Does it really matter? Time is the one thing i don't think about in comics. lol. It just happens and the captions tell you when. the innocent days... lol *between uncanny 223 and Planet Xmen* I just hope this ends in an addition and not a subtraction but i know that's too much to ask for. But i wouldn't mind X-men being the premiere book to spotlight mutants until someone actually wants to write them and then they move on into an actual book.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by alanyoung909 View Post
    Duggan is definitely going for one year in-universe between the Hellfire Galas.
    This doesn't really work with other Marvel books but that's what he is going for in his book.

In-universe, the Hellfire Gala occurs on the Summer Solstice (which was on 21 June in 2021 and will be on 21 June in 2022).
    I posted this a couple of months ago:

And now the solicit for X-Men 12 says that it takes place on the eve of the Gala - so 20 June.
    So the in-universe period of time between X-Men 1 and X-Men 12 is around 11 months.
    Thank you! That makes more sense

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Does it really matter? Time is the one thing i don't think about in comics. lol. It just happens and the captions tell you when. the innocent days... lol *between uncanny 223 and Planet Xmen* I just hope this ends in an addition and not a subtraction but i know that's too much to ask for. But i wouldn't mind X-men being the premiere book to spotlight mutants until someone actually wants to write them and then they move on into an actual book.
    Not really. Like most (99%) comic book things regarding the "sliding time scale"...it's easily ignored.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Thanks to Al Ewing in his Ultimates series a few years ago there's actually an in-universe reason for the sliding timescale:

sliding-timescale.jpg

Major cosmic entities like Galactus are able to perceive it but everyone else's memories change and adapt as the details are updated.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    How do you know there wont be a time jump account for this? X-men #5 under Hickman jumped several months within the same issue.
    Are you referring to the last page? I think that was a future scene, not a time jump, showing when they finally detected them leaving the Vault.

Cute. But still makes about as much sense as everything else in comics.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Man With The Stick View Post
    Thanks to Al Ewing in his Ultimates series a few years ago there's actually an in-universe reason for the sliding timescale:

Major cosmic entities like Galactus are able to perceive it but everyone else's memories change and adapt as the details are updated.
    That's pretty trippy, attempting to explain the sliding timescale.

Back in 2015, I used to use 2 in-universe years = 10 real-life years just to give myself some semblance of time passing, but now that more real-life years have passed, that might not hold up as well.

I think ultimately we all just have to learn to go with it. Sometimes years will pass in-universe, but characters' ages will remain essentially the same. ;P Unless they want to show a year passing at the Hellfire Gala by actually aging Shogo up a year, lol.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I really hope Lorna stays on the team. We can lose Rogue and Shiro.
    Yeah, Lorna's been horribly underused.

LEGION OF X #1 colored pages next week

Quote Originally Posted by MAR420X View Post
    LEGION OF X #1 colored pages next week
    But I want them now...
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.