Page 1048 of 1490 FirstFirst ... 485489489981038104410451046104710481049105010511052105810981148 ... LastLast
Results 15,706 to 15,720 of 22345

X Lives of Wolverine #5 comes out tomorrow and it has only one page of preview, so I'll put it here because one topic would be unnecessary by this point lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    X Lives of Wolverine #5 comes out tomorrow and it has only one page of preview, so I'll put it here because one topic would be unnecessary by this point lol.

someone definitely enjoyed the movie Days of Future Past...

I know I did. X2, DoFP and Logan are my X-men trilogy honestly. With First Class, X-men 1 and The Wolverine as solid supplemental viewing around that trilogy. And, of course, Deadpool and Deadpool 2 for dessert afterwards.

That is an awesome page too… so many lives of Wolverine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I know I did. X2, DoFP and Logan are my X-men trilogy honestly. With First Class, X-men 1 and The Wolverine as solid supplemental viewing around that trilogy. And, of course, Deadpool and Deadpool 2 for dessert afterwards.

That is an awesome page too… so many lives of Wolverine.
    same. I personally also do enjoy Apocalypse and Dark Phoenix quite a bit. But psssssssst! don't tell anybody here. ;-)

I enjoyed Apocalypse a lot. It’s not in my top X-men films, but I rewatched it the other day with my kids and think it’s a fine CBM. Would rather watch it than a good number of the MCU films honestly. Dark Phoenix I did not enjoy as much, but I suppose it was fine for what it was. My feeling was that they should’ve gone bigger with it or just not done it, as the whole problem with the first one was it was too grounded and nowhere close to the story from the comics. This second time around they had a chance to rectify that, but still kept it fairly grounded all things considered. I may give it another watch, though, as sometimes I enjoy these films better the second or third time around. I’ll watch X2, DoFP or Logan anytime they’re on and every time I enjoy those films a little more.

I enjoyed Apocalypse a lot. It’s not in my top X-men films, but I rewatched it the other day with my kids and think it’s a fine CBM. Would rather watch it than a good number of the MCU films honestly. Dark Phoenix I did not enjoy as much, but I suppose it was fine for what it was. My feeling was that they should’ve gone bigger with it or just not done it, as the whole problem with the first one was it was too grounded and nowhere close to the story from the comics. This second time around they had a chance to rectify that, but still kept it fairly grounded all things considered. I may give it another watch, though, as sometimes I enjoy these films better the second or third time around. I’ll watch X2, DoFP or Logan anytime they’re on and every time I enjoy those films a little more.
    Apocalypse first half is super decent in my eyes but after the Xavier Institute gets destroyed the movie becomes such a bad CGI mess. I think my biggest problem with the movies are the level of bad action scenes und cgi. The over-all plots also quite boring and very much been-there-done-that level of excitement. It is also absolutely disappointing how medocore the movie is after the amazing Days of future past (a.k.a. the best comicbook movie of all time, in my book).

Dark Phoenix felt way too much like a direct remake of X3. Not sure why anybody needs to see that? But I enjoyed it enough.

We know by now that Singer's personal problems ruined Apocalypse and the merger with Disney killed Dark Phoenix (also judging from the concept art released online, they coincidently had made exactly the same third act like the movie Captain Marvel. They had to redo without a lot of budged).
    Last edited by Exodus; 03-15-2022 at 07:40 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post

percy always makes jean so fucking dumb lol. In Wolverine solo - "oh no logan just killed domino and quire wtf?!?! let me JUMP ON HIS BACK AND GET STABBED"
    lives of wolverine - "oh no logan just stabbed the professor. LET ME GRAB HIS ARM WITH MY BARE HANDS"

It's like she doesn't have TK strong enough to throw sentinels across the street and throw a space station into orbit LMFAO

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Apocalypse first half is super decent in my eyes but after the Xavier Institute gets destroyed the movie becomes such a bad CGI mess. I think my biggest problem with the movies are the level of bad action scenes und cgi. The over-all plots also quite boring and very much been-there-done-that level of excitement. It is also absolutely disappointing how medocore the movie is after the amazing Days of future past (a.k.a. the best comicbook movie of all time, in my book).

Dark Phoenix felt way too much like a direct remake of X3. Not sure why anybody needs to see that? But I enjoyed it enough.

We know by now that Singer's personal problems ruined Apocalypse and the merger with Disney killed Dark Phoenix (also judging from the concept art released online, they coincidently had made exactly the same third act like the movie Captain Marvel and had to redo without a lot of budged).
    Yeah, but that final battle with Apocalypse when Xavier says, “and I am not alone” or something along those lines and Jean walks out on the air all super-charged with the Phoenix and just works Apocalypse… man, my daughter and I both cheered at that part in the theaters. I also cheered at the Weapon X scene too, obviously. So it had its moments for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelfan1992 View Post
    percy always makes jean so fucking dumb lol. In Wolverine solo - "oh no logan just killed domino and quire wtf?!?! let me JUMP ON HIS BACK AND GET STABBED"
    lives of wolverine - "oh no logan just stabbed the professor. LET ME GRAB HIS ARM WITH MY BARE HANDS"

It's like she doesn't have TK strong enough to throw sentinels across the street and throw a space station into orbit LMFAO
    lol fair enough...

Yeah, but that final battle with Apocalypse when Xavier says, “and I am not alone” or something along those lines and Jean walks out on the air all super-charged with the Phoenix and just works Apocalypse… man, my daughter and I both cheered at that part in the theaters. I also cheered at the Weapon X scene too, obviously. So it had its moments for sure.
    same for me. It was masterfully done. I got tears in my eyes watching Jean Grey's scene walking on air. Same happened to me 10 years earlier when Jean showed her Phoenix powers the first time when she died in X2. Funny enough, that both emotional reactions had to get so bitterly disappointed with both movies coming afterwards....

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelfan1992 View Post

To be fair to him, she's pretty useless as a general rule for this era lol. They all do her like this, Percy included apparently. Literally grabbing him with her hands is pants-on-head stupid though. First thing I noticed when Cassara posted it on twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Well, Rachel IS both cooler and hotter than Pete so I exude zero surprise. lol
    TRUTH !
    I will admit I kinda liked the idea of Wisdom and Braddock, but this can be fun. Did we ever have another psy couple ? Ultimate intimacy galore !

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    To be fair to him, she's pretty useless as a general rule for this era lol. They all do her like this, Percy included apparently. Literally grabbing him with her hands is pants-on-head stupid though. First thing I noticed when Cassara posted it on twitter.
    while she is made to be useless a lot of times, some of her best feats came from this era too, so i don't see it as a "general rule"

jean's power is kinda OP so for a lot of situations she could stomp but there would be no story, so she is made useless a lot of times so the story can progress

Exactly. Jean is like Superman. You have to sometimes render her useless otherwise there’d be no story. Jean would just snuff out the threat instantly and it would make for a boring comic book.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I'm not feeling the Rachel and Betsy pairing, although the X-books do need more wlw relationships and it is well past time that Rachel comes out. It feels under cooked to me, they don't really have a lot of history together prior to Howard's Excalibur, the last run I remember them together was Wood's X-Men and they didn't even seem to like each other there. So I feel like this relationship would have to be built up more than it has. Feels like Howard fast forwarded the relationship because she was excited about the potential. It's a good panel of them though.