Page 1057 of 1490 FirstFirst ... 5755795710071047105310541055105610571058105910601061106711071157 ... LastLast
Results 15,841 to 15,855 of 22345
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. Poor Scott looks pretty out of place here.
    I feel Thunderbird himself looks worse. The pose looks quite awkward and stiff compared to everyone else. Less like flying or falling dynamically and more like he was lying prone when suddently getting teleported into the clouds.

Extraordinary Member

Not sure what the rest of the image is, but Storm is looking up away from what everyone else is heading towards too.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Maybe if they didn't waste paper on ugly variant issues then they'd have more paper to print the books on time.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    He probably realized that due to his power set, jumping out of a plane (or whatever they're doing here) is a really, really bad idea.
    If this is a callback to the story where Thunderbird dies, there wasn't any jumping involved - the plane was disintegrated around them (while leaving the X-Men unharmed somehow). Hey, it was the 70's (or very early 80s) - drugs may have been involved somehow.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    That is not a collection of objective data, just more opinions. And while I do not consider 'comic book critics' as being objective, you should at least use the resources of something like comicbookroundup, and there were quite a few 'low' reviews for issues of Lives/Deaths among them. Based on that it has not been a 'critical bomb' but it also has not been 'critically acclaimed'.
    It has one of the highest scores out of every title.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Do you really believe no one liked the Transformers movies? Have you never heard of Twilight fans? Yes. Millions of people really like those despite them being objectively bad.
    That’s not what I meant I you know it. A blockbuster action film like the ones you are mentioning are enjoyable and make a ton of money but they aren’t “quality” in the sense I was talking about. I loved Godzilla v Kong and but I know it didn’t deserve to win any awards outside of maybe special effects, and even then it was pretty standard by todays films.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Not sure what the rest of the image is, but Storm is looking up away from what everyone else is heading towards too.
    She forgot her iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Maybe if they didn't waste paper on ugly variant issues then they'd have more paper to print the books on time.
    LOL! Truth. *cheers*
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    If this is a callback to the story where Thunderbird dies, there wasn't any jumping involved - the plane was disintegrated around them (while leaving the X-Men unharmed somehow). Hey, it was the 70's (or very early 80s) - drugs may have been involved somehow.
    Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for the clarification! It probably is a callback to that. (And I wouldn't be surprised if drugs were somehow involved). ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    She forgot her iPhone.
    The most logical explanation! Lol.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Giant-Size X-Men Thunderbird #1 Kyle Charles Variant

Why is Wolverine riding Colossus? Lmao

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Save a horse, ride a proletariat.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Marvel never stopped investing in Wolverine. He’s had two books that he’s headlining since the Krakoan era started!

They hit pause on the rest of the line to prepare for the post-Hickman Destiny of X era. Folks needs to relax with their “sky is falling-the line is now all about Wolverine” doom and gloom. Wolverine is now and always has been popular. That won’t change, but the rest of the mutants will be back next month when DoX begins. It’ll be okay.

Exactly.
    Which is probably why some readers are voicing their concerns, Logan has been consistently appearing throughout the era of Krakoa.

However, most of the machinations he has dealt with occurred off in his own little corner of Wolverine and X-force. Cut to the end of Inferno, and now an entire event is about Logan, which is essentially a partial wrap up of X-force. Everyone recognizes his popularity and maybe 3-5 years ago a forced event like this might have been the standard. But given it has consumed the X-line with a half-hearted story part of which should have played out in X-force and the other half about Moira which is where the real interest lied is severely under-developed forcing Percy to jump the shark in how he's writing her. The entire thing comes off as a money grab, with Hickman leaving Marvel immediately returned to the well which would sell regardless of quality.

It was a spacer. To buy them time to reboot the line for Destiny of X. And it (meaning the Wolverine event) ends next week.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Who wouldn't, if the occasion arose ?

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    He probably realized that due to his power set, jumping out of a plane (or whatever they're doing here) is a really, really bad idea.
    He's probably flashing back to some bad, plane-related memories from his childhood.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

They accidentally uploaded Thunderbird II (James Proudstar)'s memories into John and he jumped out, thinking he can fly

Dont know whats going on with Storms hair in the 2nd cover but…yeah
    Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post

A.X.E.: EVE OF JUDGMENT #1
    KIERON GILLEN (W) • PASQUAL FERRY (A)
    Cover by CARLOS PACHECO • VARIANT COVER BY JOHN CASSADAY
    VARIANT COVER BY PHIL NOTO • VARIANT COVER BY MR GARCIN
    MEN OF A.X.E. VARIANT COVER BY TBA • WOMEN OF A.X.E. VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    FIRST SHOT FIRED - JUDGMENT IS COMING!
    The Eternals know that the mutants have conquered death. But what are they going to do about it? The oldest immortals on Earth eye up the newest, and the doomsday clock starts to tick toward Judgment Day.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer