Page 106 of 1490 FirstFirst ... 656961021031041051061071081091101161562066061106 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 22341

Archangel saving Psylocke? Good. I wonder if his metal wings give him some protection against Proteus' powers.
    I love Warren and Betsy as a couple so I'm not concerned about this as 'nostalgia wank' as some want to denigrate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Yeah, there was a LOT of Mark talking about Jean/Scott today (okay, two mentions but still). I'm a fan of Jott, but this idea that Jean can't move on like Cyclops did, or that she needs to wait for him to come back, is something I can't support. Don't want her rushed into a relationship, but don't like the idea that she needs to wait for Scott to come back, cause its not like he did for her.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Yeah, there was a LOT of Mark talking about Jean/Scott today (okay, two mentions but still). I'm a fan of Jott, but this idea that Jean can't move on like Cyclops did, or that she needs to wait for him to come back, is something I can't support. Don't want her rushed into a relationship, but don't like the idea that she needs to wait for Scott to come back, cause its not like he did for her.
    This is what I was thinking. If he's allowed to hook up with Emma, then I don't see why Jean needs to be glued to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Nah, Paniccia reiterated twice today that Jean can only be with Cyclops.
    Yeah, it's great that we aren't getting hints but Jean and Logan. But it was unsettling how Panic kept saying that Jean only has ONE LOVE. Scott was allowed to express love for more than one person, why should the gates be up for Jean but not her cheating boyfriend?

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I love Jott but i think it's obvious that jean should date other people specially with cyke being death. i just don't want it to be rushed. she can be single for a while, live for herself and then she can date.

BANNED

There's a frightening conservative bent towards the X-books. Other Marvel books have queer characters and sex positive characters and experimentation and sometimes -shocking!- no relationship at all!

But in the X-books all women are just looking for Mr. Right.

Ultimate Member

I always find it funny when people attack old couples but then don't attack them all the same, for example if say Warren and Betsy were to get back together it'd be nostalgia wank or a retread, but if say Scott and Jean were to get back together that same fan would be really happy and say nothing about it...that it's not an across the board even handed treatment of all old couples, to me nostalgia wank would only happen if say they put Scott and Jean together again and then tried to force it down our throats as being the best thing since sliced bread or that Jean could only ever date Scott but that he was free to date whomever he wanted.

As for Warren and Betsy a lot of what both have done over the last several years has been about each other and it's only natural that he'd try to save her just like she'd try to save him, more than any of the others for both...if Gambit had been the one in the vortex or whatever then I'd think that Rogue would have tried to save him and vice versa...

Pretty sure Warren and Betsy were already together since the end of Apocalypse Wars where she visits his mindscape him after he finally cures himself of that NuAngel/Death Flight/Evil Archangel mess. But considering that dumpster fire of a series' track record with continuing plot threads from Bunncanny, Soule probably doesn't know/doesn't care.

Ultimate Member

Well I think that Soule said that they weren't together, as they were supposed to be handling their own "demons", however much of the Astonishing run so far seems to support the idea that if they're not actually together as a full couple that neither of them seem opposed to the idea either and one of those things that pretty much everyone else thinks that they're together...

I can see why people don't like him saying Jean should only be with Scott. But I'm glad that they don't seem to want to push any relatonship with her. For some time after her return was announced all people did was talk about whether she would hook up with Logan or Namor or maybe Nightcrawler and it was obnoxious AF. When it comes to the whole "But Scemma was ok?!" thing, from Phoenix Resurrection and etc I'd say current enditorial probably finds that to be a mistake, so I wouldn't say guy's a hypocrite or anything.

Following the Jott tangent... Scott and Emma were a horrible couple, and their relationship shouldn't have happened. White Phoenix Jean could have easily made Scott find hope again without the White Queen as his consort. I'd be happy if Jean can be spared a similar horrific romantic episode.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Ultimate Member

Though if say Jean and Logan got together in a bit it wouldn't be the same, with Scott and Emma the feelings weren't really already there like they are for Logan and Jean, they wouldn't need the Phoenix to give them a push or anything like that...and all the talk about Scott and Jean could just be that guy telling us his own view, so that it's on record and doesn't fully pertain to the actual comics...

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    There's a frightening conservative bent towards the X-books. Other Marvel books have queer characters and sex positive characters and experimentation and sometimes -shocking!- no relationship at all!

But in the X-books all women are just looking for Mr. Right.
    Magik isn't looking for Mr Right. I hope so at least

I don't think romance has to be looking for Mr right. Guys can go all dating, but when women do it, fans have a hard time accepting

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I can see why people don't like him saying Jean should only be with Scott. But I'm glad that they don't seem to want to push any relatonship with her. For some time after her return was announced all people did was talk about whether she would hook up with Logan or Namor or maybe Nightcrawler and it was obnoxious AF. When it comes to the whole "But Scemma was ok?!" thing, from Phoenix Resurrection and etc I'd say current enditorial probably finds that to be a mistake, so I wouldn't say guy's a hypocrite or anything.
    Double standarts, I don't know if he was involved or Like Scemma, but of Scott can do it so it should Jean.

the balance is already not equal, and I can't see the chartacters back just because nostalgia. It will be just like Peter and Kitty 2.0 and that would suck a lot for jean that have high potential than only X-men

Saying that Scemma was a mistake doesn't erase it at all or the other relationships Scott had
    Last edited by spirit2011; 02-19-2018 at 04:40 PM.

Ultimate Member

I think that a lot of the stuff about Jean though is from people that want her with anybody but Logan and then some Scott fans that have that view about Jean, as for Magik...well romance has never really been that important to her character anyway so...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I think that a lot of the stuff about Jean though is from people that want her with anybody but Logan and then some Scott fans that have that view about Jean, as for Magik...well romance has never really been that important to her character anyway so...
    People say that they want Jean with Logan. Then on the renew your vows they went crazy because Wolv married Jean because it is a agression to Scott.
    I don't think X-men editor think any different. He repeated twice she only has one true love, like WTH Mark? So she can't date anyone besides Scott? WTH
    Magik is asexual or maybe lesbian. It's rare asexual characters on comics, specially on x-men that is known for hook ups