Page 1077 of 1490 FirstFirst ... 7757797710271067107310741075107610771078107910801081108711271177 ... LastLast
Results 16,141 to 16,155 of 22342

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Dark Ages was okay. Could’ve been better. Marvel and DC really should let Taylor loose in some AU’s. His DCeased book was really good.
    It was just a bit empty. Not enough time spent on the characters to make us drawn in. Much of it relied on previous familiarity. Then the conflict was resolved rather quick with more focus spent on setting up the world and conflict. Miles and the symbiotes where more for visual impact then anything else. I liked it well enough but 6 more issues wouldn’t have hurt it. Or at least a couple of more issues.

I think when you set up stories like this and so much revolves around the changes and twists. Seeing characters in new positions. If you put to much value on these things they must awe you. Purple man for me didn’t do that. It felt a tad cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    It was just a bit empty. Not enough time spent on the characters to make us drawn in. Much of it relied on previous familiarity. Then the conflict was resolved rather quick with more focus spent on setting up the world and conflict. Miles and the symbiotes where more for visual impact then anything else. I liked it well enough but 6 more issues wouldn’t have hurt it. Or at least a couple of more issues.

I think when you set up stories like this and so much revolves around the changes and twists. Seeing characters in new positions. If you put to much value on these things they must awe you. Purple man for me didn’t do that. It felt a tad cheap.
    I feel like if Taylor hadn't signed an exclusive contract with DC he would have ended up doing a sequel series like he did with DCeased.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I feel like if Taylor hadn't signed an exclusive contract with DC he would have ended up doing a sequel series like he did with DCeased.
    Ah so he is exclusive. Perhaps after that contract we can get a sequel.

Ah so he is exclusive. Perhaps after that contract we can get a sequel.
    I hope Marvel gets to do it regardless. It was a fun series
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

From Si Spurrier’s Twitter feed.
    963618B8-A7E7-4917-9C89-D4298144A5F5.jpg

59F0156E-C9E5-4983-A121-BC88482E1094.jpg
    He’s about to get kissed, isn’t he? Grin.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post

I really do not like those character designs. Maybe I'm too old and this is what Generation Z likes these days, but I think it looks ver dated and 1990s...

I agree with this 100%. Also Logan was only there to get fridged. Didn’t love that.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Guess that another Arakki being introduced.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    They are not hyping anything at the moment. Dark Ages almost went by quietly. I had the feeling aI was one of the very few X-fans whoi did read it, as no one spoke about the event here.

They give little on AXE so far as well, just the first pull-list, but not much more.

Same with the election

Same with the upcoming Gala.

So, they just seem to be low key at the moment.
    Dark Ages was a 6-issue AU mini, why is that comparable to X-events (which are being super hyped)?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    So marvel sells a guaranteed 300 issues to 1 shop owner who may have 100 loyal customers so 200 issues potentially being wasted. No wonder there is a paper shortage and no wonder shops wouldn't want to give up a solid thing, assuming you have the capital to invest. but hey, if marvel is happy with their model then more power to them it's just not a sustainable one, and is one that will break, and no matter how someone slices the numbers the demand is not real, it's not even speculative, it's in the hands of less than a sample size. Basically comic shops are paying to get the comics they want made and hoping they can recoup by that logic, Twitter is actually a better indicator of reactions to markets than those doing the ordering in such a limited amount of input and such grand oversignt. These comics sell because we're told so. Cool, it actually confirms most of my arguments. That said this argument has been talked into the ground. *garden time*

*sigh* i just had to edit because those numbers bother be it's easy to say 300 issues but the real math is for a comic to hit 100,000 each of the about 2500 shops would literally only need to sell 40 issues of a particular title each so to think there is more than 260 issues out there in a bin somewhere, of course you have to account for smaller vs. bigger shops but all accounts being held equal which is more information than we have on actual sales, the industry is literally a death trap for growth. okay, now it's garden time.

And if we get to realistic numbers which are supposedly "sustainable" to maintain 25,000 numbers each comic shop would simply need to sell 10 issues of a book. 10. That's it and that's just american shops.
    That longshot cover is nice.
    Some books might get quite a lot of twitter/online support and they might be more popular than the books that sell at the traditional stores, but are they actually buying it, even digitally? Remember when X-factor got cancelled. It was very popular online, but had not great physical sales. Someone posted a chart/graphic that showed x-factor views for the pirate sites were huge. So even if a book is popular on twitter with the young crowd, but they don’t actually buy it, that doesn’t make marvel more money than their old, outdated way of doing business.

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Some books might get quite a lot of twitter/online support and they might be more popular than the books that sell at the traditional stores, but are they actually buying it, even digitally? Remember when X-factor got cancelled. It was very popular online, but had not great physical sales. Someone posted a chart/graphic that showed x-factor views for the pirate sites were huge. So even if a book is popular on twitter with the young crowd, but they don’t actually buy it, that doesn’t make marvel more money than their old, outdated way of doing business.
    But this begs the question what is access like. There are hundreds of millions in america alone and only about 2500 shops. if you can't find the product but you want to read it, your going to find the product. It is very unrealistic to think people should spend gas and other expenses in the hopes a comic shop will have a book in stock or to want to preorder something in a society of impulse buying. by the time they get to the comic shop they may have spent the money on icecream, just saying. But perhaps i am thinking of it it way too macro and just can't connect with the micro on it because it seems counterintuitive in every way to the thought of growing business for me and has far to many internalized limits on it that just aren't grounded in enough factual information.

Like today i wanted to read scarlet witch but it wasn't available on the website for unlimited so i actually read it on a pirate site but i am a member of marvel unlimited so i convinced myself based on an argument made here that well, as a yearly subscriber i did pay for what is touted as free service for unlimited subscribers. Had i been able to click the link on their site from my browser i would have read it there. And if we are being honest a comic shop is in most cases a lot more difficult to get to for the average consumer than say a walmart if we are talking the need for physical spaces.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

Honestly, I was talking more about digital in that example. Yeah, the average person, especially outside the US, isn’t going to have easy access to a comic shop. But if they could read it on a pirate site, they could buy it digitally through Amazon/etc. I can see your reasoning about marvel unlimited, but I don’t think that many people have a subscription (at least relative to the ‘sales.’)

Let's see if we can throw some pym particles at these beauties, and add a bonus panel.

Graffitiing Rockslide?? I hope Maggott takes their head off.
    Last edited by JB; 04-20-2022 at 02:14 PM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Let's see if we can throw some pym particles at these beauties, and add a bonus panel.

Graffitiing Rockslide?? I hope Maggott takes their head off.
    i feel like charles can't help but be mean to his son

Incredible Member

Theft is not illegal? how could that go wrong?