Page 1095 of 1487 FirstFirst ... 9559599510451085109110921093109410951096109710981099110511451195 ... LastLast
Results 16,411 to 16,425 of 22304

Speaking of Wanda, did anyone let out Toad yet, or are they still letting him rot in the hole to maintain the charade about her death for no reason at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    Speaking of Wanda, did anyone let out Toad yet, or are they still letting him rot in the hole to maintain the charade about her death for no reason at all?
    He is staying in the pit because if mutants at large knew that they were using something from the woman that came that closest to ending their whole species it would be a problem

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I still think people are glossing over the fact that whether marvel considers wanda a mutant or not cerebro as evidenced by hope talking about madelyne and gabby and cerebro not picking up clones and only individual mutants, it registered versions of quicksilver and Scarlet as mutants. So while current quicksilver may not be a mutant whatever they want to call wanda she was brought back a mutant, all she controlled was her consciousness going into the new body.
    She is not a mutant. She was brought back when she was considered a mutant because her DNA was tricking cerebro. The clone rule was a choice they could easily bring back what ever clone version of someone they wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    He is staying in the pit because if mutants at large knew that they were using something from the woman that came that closest to ending their whole species it would be a problem

She is not a mutant. She was brought back when she was considered a mutant because her DNA was tricking cerebro. The clone rule was a choice they could easily bring back what ever clone version of someone they wanted.
    This sounds like a reach. So we are to assume Wanda is the only one cerebro captured that is non mutant and the only one brought back who isn't a mutant though it was never explicitly stated on panel? No sir, marvel going to have to spell that one out by specifically saying she is not one.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Spectacular Member

This sounds like a reach. So we are to assume Wanda is the only one cerebro captured that is non mutant and the only one brought back who isn't a mutant though it was never explicitly stated on panel? No sir, marvel going to have to spell that one out by specifically saying she is not one.
    Wanda brought herself back technically. And canonically she is not a mutant

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelfan1992 View Post
    Until Marvel changes their minds again. And considering that they retconned her out of being a mutant over general pissyness about Fox having film rights, it's an easy thing to change back.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Until Marvel changes their minds again. And considering that they retconned her out of being a mutant over general pissyness about Fox having film rights, it's an easy thing to change back.
    What would be there to gain by doing that?
    "This is me being reasonable"

Astonishing Member

Its easy as hell to change her back too. She literally turned most of the mutant race into humans, and the retcon about her not being a mutant happened while she was in active conflict with characters like Rogue on the Avengers Unity Squad, holding M-Day against her and making her feel constantly defensive.....and since Pietro was directly linked to WHY House of M happened in the first place, just say Wanda subconsciously warped reality to make her and Pietro 'never have been mutants' because the guilt and defensiveness that were still there on some level, like, had her thinking they didn't deserve to be mutants when there were so many people who LIKED being mutants who were still transformed by the effects of M-Day. And once she's aware she did that, you can have her make the conscious choice (along with giving Pietro a choice) to undo it, reclaim their existence as mutants with INTENT, and finally embrace her life as a mutant free of the doubts and resentments that led to the Decimation in the first place.

And is that blatantly, BLATANTLY just ripping off what Slott did to explain how Franklin was never actually a mutant and just flipping it around to make the two other most famous mutant/not-mutant retcons revert back to their mutant status?

Why yes. Yes, it is.

I'm a very subtle guy, see.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Its easy as hell to change her back too. She literally turned most of the mutant race into humans, and the retcon about her not being a mutant happened while she was in active conflict with characters like Rogue on the Avengers Unity Squad, holding M-Day against her and making her feel constantly defensive.....and since Pietro was directly linked to WHY House of M happened in the first place, just say Wanda subconsciously warped reality to make her and Pietro 'never have been mutants' because the guilt and defensiveness that were still there on some level, like, had her thinking they didn't deserve to be mutants when there were so many people who LIKED being mutants who were still transformed by the effects of M-Day. And once she's aware she did that, you can have her make the conscious choice (along with giving Pietro a choice) to undo it, reclaim their existence as mutants with INTENT, and finally embrace her life as a mutant free of the doubts and resentments that led to the Decimation in the first place.

And is that blatantly, BLATANTLY just ripping off what Slott did to explain how Franklin was never actually a mutant and just flipping it around to make the two other most famous mutant/not-mutant retcons revert back to their mutant status?

Why yes. Yes, it is.

I'm a very subtle guy, see.
    Sounds like a cool plan, actually
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Spectacular Member

yup they can easily change her back into a mutant. just saying, until they do, she's not a mutant (as I do see people still consider a mutant canonically which isn't the case for now)

She did not bring back her body though, the five did. And as of now the five have only brought back mutant bodies and Wanda was not scanned at all since returning so until otherwise stated my brain canon is she is a mutant and quicksilver is not until he comes back too. Lol. There is nothing to say Wanda didn't just depower her mutant gene but like others who were depowered she is whole again. Well until marvel catches wind of this post and has her thoroughly scanned. Lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Spectacular Member

She did not bring back her body though, the five did. And as of now the five have only brought back mutant bodies and Wanda was not scanned at all since returning so until otherwise stated my brain canon is she is a mutant and quicksilver is not until he comes back too. Lol. There is nothing to say Wanda didn't just depower her mutant gene but like others who were depowered she is whole again. Well until marvel catches wind of this post and has her thoroughly scanned. Lol
    to my knowledge, there's nothing to say non-mutants can't be resurrected. Trial of Magneto literally revolved around them voting on whether to bring back a non-mutant. To create a body, all they need is the genetic material. and since all they did was create the body and Wanda brought herself back, that instance doesn't count as evidence of wanda being a mutant

to my knowledge, there's nothing to say non-mutants can't be resurrected. Trial of Magneto literally revolved around them voting on whether to bring back a non-mutant. To create a body, all they need is the genetic material. and since all they did was create the body and Wanda brought herself back, that instance doesn't count as evidence of wanda being a mutant
    But that's still more work than simply saying she is a mutant so i'm taking the mental break until they say on page otherwise which no one has specifically said "you don't carry the x-gene" They made it clear on panel there was an old back up of her and pietro, Cerebro only backs up mutants so far, and her body was visibly much younger, surprising even her avenger comrades I mean i'm not saying i'm right, i'm just saying it's the easiest and most logical conclusion based on the on the facts of what has been printed so it's my head canon. I am surprised there hasn't been more speck on it though. It's a pretty easy thing to have cleared up, even the wanda oneshot didn't touch it, but i'm more than good with others assuming she is not one. So a nice little balance of no one can really say the other is wrong yet. lol
    Last edited by jwatson; 05-29-2022 at 01:46 PM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Spectacular Member

But that's still more work than simply saying she is a mutant so i'm taking the mental break until they say on page otherwise which no one has specifically said "you don't carry the x-gene" They made it clear on panel there was an old back up of her and pietro, Cerebro only backs up mutants so far, and her body was visibly much younger, surprising even her avenger comrades I mean i'm not saying i'm right, i'm just saying it's the easiest and most logical conclusion based on the on the facts of what has been printed so it's my head canon. I am surprised there hasn't been more speck on it though. It's a pretty easy thing to have cleared up, even the wanda oneshot didn't touch it, but i'm more than good with others assuming she is not one. So a nice little balance of no one can really say the other is wrong yet. lol
    except they specifically mention she isn't a mutant and refer to her resurrection as a non-mutant resurrection. the actual process and act of resurrection has no bearing on her being a mutant. it might looks like more work because I explained to you why not being a mutant has nothing to do with having her body brought back, but I just did that because I like providing proof. saying she's a mutant goes against the canonical facts, which is a bigger leap than just accepting that she isn't a mutant

that said, they can easily retcon her back into a mutant by saying when they created her husk, they modified it to have mutant genes, or wanda warped her body to give it mutant genes or whatever. sure. but again, until they actually do that, she's not a mutant and her being resurrected doesn't automatically make her a mutant
    Last edited by Marvelfan1992; 05-29-2022 at 01:58 PM.

except they specifically mention she isn't a mutant and refer to her resurrection as a non-mutant resurrection. the actual process and act of resurrection has no bearing on her being a mutant. it might looks like more work because I explained to you why not being a mutant has nothing to do with having her body brought back, but I just did that because I like providing proof. saying she's a mutant goes against the canonical facts, which is a bigger leap than just accepting that she isn't a mutant

that said, they can easily retcon her back into a mutant by saying when they created her husk, they modified it to have mutant genes, or wanda warped her body to give it mutant genes or whatever. sure. but again, until they actually do that, she's not a mutant and her being resurrected doesn't automatically make her a mutant

Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Really like the pose here. ^_^
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Huh? How is it a reach it's pretty straightforward

Wanda believed to be a mutant >>>Cerebro has her file>>>Wanda revealed to not be mutant >>>cerebro stops recording her>>>Gets brought back with her body as not a mutant but with brain from last time she was a mutant