Page 1096 of 1490 FirstFirst ... 9659699610461086109210931094109510961097109810991100110611461196 ... LastLast
Results 16,426 to 16,440 of 22342
    Astonishing Member

Wanda believed herself to be a mutant, but why would cerebro ‘believe’ her? It obviously scanned for such things, not just asking people. People can lie, bio scans, not so much. ;p.

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Wanda believed herself to be a mutant, but why would cerebro ‘believe’ her? It obviously scanned for such things, not just asking people. People can lie, bio scans, not so much. ;p.
    Because she has got reality altering abilities and she is also a magic user!? Both can make Cerebro "believe" her being a mutant! Like everybody believed that Franklin was a mutant!

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Huh? How is it a reach it's pretty straightforward

Wanda believed to be a mutant >>>Cerebro has her file>>>Wanda revealed to not be mutant >>>cerebro stops recording her>>>Gets brought back with her body as not a mutant but with brain from last time she was a mutant
    cool.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post

After Reign of X there is Trials of X

Pretty cool that Marvel is still keeping this up
    Yeah i like they are continuing this. I also like the little book sets DC and marvel are doing where it's like 4 or 5 books for 10 dollars and they are recent books, though i kind of wish they listed what books were in it cause you can't see the books in the middle. lol. But it's a good way to get people to try other books.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    It really looks much better without all the "magazine" headlines cluttering the artwork.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    It really doesn't make sense, but we're just gonna have to accept it until Marvel changes their mind, if ever.

Yeah. Would like some sort of “event” to happen that undoes Franklin, Wanda and Pietro no longer being mutants. Perhaps The H.E. Is responsible in the same way he turned off Luminous.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

I have tried to resist the urge to explain to people how Wanda's mutantdom isn't important to the character but I can't take it anyone. She doesn't want nor care about being a mutant. When it happened she was just excited to not be Magneto's kid because of his action when they were younger.

Wanda has always wanted to be viewed as just a human. When she joined the Brotherhood it was only out of a debt for Magneto saving her not because she truly believed in mutant cause especially in this era of pro mutant. All her major character development came with the Avengers. Making her a mutant isn't going to suddenly make her appear on X teams and such. It is possible to make her Magneto's kid while not having her be a mutant. As if you need to be biological attached in order to be daughter and father which you don't.

No one is stopping people from using her on the Avengers and living her best life as a witch hero.

I have tried to resist the urge to explain to people how Wanda's mutantdom isn't important to the character but I can't take it anyone. She doesn't want nor care about being a mutant. When it happened she was just excited to not be Magneto's kid because of his action when they were younger.

Wanda has always wanted to be viewed as just a human. When she joined the Brotherhood it was only out of a debt for Magneto saving her not because she truly believed in mutant cause especially in this era of pro mutant. All her major character development came with the Avengers. Making her a mutant isn't going to suddenly make her appear on X teams and such. It is possible to make her Magneto's kid while not having her be a mutant. As if you need to be biological attached in order to be daughter and father which you don't.

No one is stopping people from using her on the Avengers and living her best life as a witch hero.
    I mean, it's one of those things with Wanda that's never been quite consistent (particularly because of bad writing) but she's been shown to take pride in being a Mutant particularly against people who shunned her and Vision for their mixed marriage and she was known for being a Mutant on the Avengers alongside Pietro. So yeah, she's been primarily an Avenger, but her Mutant status wasn't ignored. I mean, heck, you read the trade of Wanda and Vision's series together, which a lot of people might've because of WandaVision, and it has the big Magneto reveal in it. I think Wanda wanted a normal life more than she wanted to be "human."

The irony is now that for some reason the X-Office seems more invested in using her than the Avengers office does at the moment. Just like she's ironically been used more in X-Men cartoons than Avengers cartoons (well, there's United We Stand but we don't talk about that one). I dunno why but editorial just seems to have some weird feelings about Wanda and the whole Trial of Magneto seems to be giving them more of an "in" to involve her with X-Men stuff again.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, it's one of those things with Wanda that's never been quite consistent (particularly because of bad writing) but she's been shown to take pride in being a Mutant particularly against people who shunned her and Vision for their mixed marriage and she was known for being a Mutant on the Avengers alongside Pietro. So yeah, she's been primarily an Avenger, but her Mutant status wasn't ignored. I mean, heck, you read the trade of Wanda and Vision's series together, which a lot of people might've because of WandaVision, and it has the big Magneto reveal in it. I think Wanda wanted a normal life more than she wanted to be "human."

The irony is now that for some reason the X-Office seems more invested in using her than the Avengers office does at the moment. Just like she's ironically been used more in X-Men cartoons than Avengers cartoons (well, there's United We Stand but we don't talk about that one). I dunno why but editorial just seems to have some weird feelings about Wanda and the whole Trial of Magneto seems to be giving them more of an "in" to involve her with X-Men stuff again.
    The reason the X office uses her is because she was the one that caused M day which is one of the biggest storylines in X history hate it or love it. Most of the time she is brought up it is either in reference to that or trying to make amends for it.

Not because they are going to add her to an X team.

As for Wanda being prideful about her mutantdom I beg to differ. Even putting her Uncanny Avenger or her Solo series aside Wanda has always been more of an assimilationist. Viewing her mutant status as anchor to achieving that normal life you say she wanted. Mostly that was out of bitterness from her dad but non the less.

Astonishing Member

As for Wanda being prideful about her mutantdom I beg to differ. Even putting her Uncanny Avenger or her Solo series aside Wanda has always been more of an assimilationist. Viewing her mutant status as anchor to achieving that normal life you say she wanted. Mostly that was out of bitterness from her dad but non the less.
    Frontier is correct though -- Wanda HAS been vocally prideful about being a mutant, on-panel. Long before she ever learned Magneto was her father, back when her relationship with the Vision first became public and she and Vision were targeted with bigotry because of it, Wanda went on a very vocal mutant-pride kick for a while -- including condescending remarks to some of her fellow Avengers about them being "merely humans", etc.

Most of the time Wanda hasn't been that vocal about it -- but its not something that has been entirely absent from her character.

The reason the X office uses her is because she was the one that caused M day which is one of the biggest storylines in X history hate it or love it. Most of the time she is brought up it is either in reference to that or trying to make amends for it.

Not because they are going to add her to an X team.

I wouldn't say it's the absolute reason for it because of how comfortable they seemed initially making her the Mutant boogeyman before she even started showing up in any of the books but I have no idea how the writers/editors actually feel about her in general.

I mean, I wouldn't posit UA as a good indicator for Wanda's characterization. Remender was just writing her in a way that would rustle with Rogue and cause conflict with the team like he did with most of the cast since she wasn't really written that way otherwise. I don't recall her solo book coming off as assimilationist if only because she was even less normal there by embracing her witch side.

"Viewing her mutant status as anchor to achieving that normal life you say she wanted." - I don't think that's true for Wanda for the most part compared to, just, being a Superhero. I mean, if you're trying to justify the whole "No More Mutants" thing, maybe, but Wanda was pretty OOC every time Bendis wrote her. Her bitterness towards Magneto was more from how he treated her and Pietro in the Brotherhood and what he does in general than anything having to do with her being a Mutant specifically.

eXclusive images from yesterday's X-Men Monday:

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Sean seems like he's having a bad day. Then again having your old lover skin you alive might do that to you.

It's kind of funny that the '97 take on HoX/PoX is going to have Logan and Creed together when they haven't interacted at all in the actual era. I don't think Logan ever even commented on Creed going into the Pit (well, the only thing he would say is "good riddance").

X-MEN HELLFIRE GALA 2022 LEGION OF X #3 variant cover

https://twitter.com/rdauterman/statu...81504975212550