Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    These are some cool designs. One thing i will say, i like that the x-books are in such a place where it is forcing others to up their game to create new actual threats even if it's born from a place of dealing with a society of powered individuals. It is forcing the marvel universe to elevate to the next level and expand mythologies.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

With all these giant kaiju Eternals to fight, I’m thinking we’re going to see a lot of X-men unleashed and hopefully kicking some ass. Hopefully the Askani’son takes down one of these, preferably wielding his psimitar and using his powers (versus just using a giant future gun).
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

We'll be getting a little of this, too...

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Hmm… wonder who that a could be? I believe Kid Cable died once in S.W.O.R.D. during that whole crossover with Null and the Venom book. But Schiti wasn’t the artist who just killed him in X-men Red, that was Caselli. But maybe he’s just saying he killed someone who’s died twice already yet again, in which case it could be Cable (since we’ve seen Uranos holding his skull). If so, hopefully a temporary death, but if they kill The Five and thus disable the Resurrection Protocols maybe not… would be just my luck to get adult Cable back after all this time last year only for them take him off the board yet again for awhile in this f’ing event. *eye roll*

But maybe he’s talking about someone else… hopefully.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

I do wonder who’s going to die, but I’m more interested to know if they have any plans for characters to stay dead. Otherwise the dying in a shocking and painful way sounds more like dramatic compensation for mortality losing all impact.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post

Has promoting the promise of mass death and/or genocide ever proven to be incentivizing, in your eXperience? Seems a curious *tact* to me at any moment in time, but especially so now, given the current state of world affairs. But alas, as with anything & everything, YMMV and... c'est la vie.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Hmm… wonder who that a could be? I believe Kid Cable died once in S.W.O.R.D. during that whole crossover with Null and the Venom book. But Schiti wasn’t the artist who just killed him in X-men Red, that was Caselli. But maybe he’s just saying he killed someone who’s died twice already yet again, in which case it could be Cable (since we’ve seen Uranos holding his skull). If so, hopefully a temporary death, but if they kill The Five and thus disable the Resurrection Protocols maybe not… would be just my luck to get adult Cable back after all this time last year only for them take him off the board yet again for awhile in this f’ing event. *eye roll*

But maybe he’s talking about someone else… hopefully.
    Or maybe he's killed the same character multiple times in this event. Quentin?
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Thieaka's design is definitely Evangelion-inspired.

Does this mean the creative team realized the Eternals are kind of boring on their own and that the x-men needed some actual cool enemies to fight in this event?
    Evangelion styled giant monsters make me expect big cyborg clones of otherworldly beings disguised to look like robots piloted by teenagers fighting them rather than human sized people in spandex with insane super powers.

Though i also doubt any of them have truely weird powers like being three dimensional shadows of two dimensional bodies.

In general it can be argued that giant monsters don't tend to create particular exciting or dynamic fights in cape style super hero comics, since they are either just there to be taken down quickly to demonstrate the power of certain human sized characters, or they are walking thinking catastrophies that need to be handled accordingly, meaning heros pile up on them with everything they have (either stopping them at great expense or delaying them until the character who can one-shot them shows up).

Hence why the only dynamic and exciting fights with monsters either need them to be of general human or somewhat bigger side, or the hero needs to be equaly body height either via powers or mechanical devices.

In case of "walking catastrophies", it's also important not to have too many present at once, since it either increases the chance of them just ending up feeling "jobbed" to particular heros or they end up exausting the reader's attention via being one big disaster after the other.

Which is why i'm not sure having 4 at once is such a good idea.

And people wonder why i don't like the current status quo and what the editorial allows writers to casualy do with named characters and random masses because of the "oh we just respawn them lol" mentality they established in universe and the office alike.

At this point they deserve a price for keeping the sense of stakes and danger going WITHOUT stupidly killing many named characters because they feel it doesn't matter anyway.
    Last edited by Grunty; 06-18-2022 at 09:11 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Apocalypse has a brother?
    Apparently Marvel has a Darkseid

I get the feeling it'll be a race against time as the Eternals try to overwhelm the prospect of resurrecting the fighting mutants as fast as possible. The five (and possibly those that can take their place) will be in constant danger and may have the unenviable task of working to constantly bringing back the killed around the clock. Something could very much go awry in such a rushed situation. I'm getting more and more excited for this event.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    With all these giant kaiju Eternals to fight, I’m thinking we’re going to see a lot of X-men unleashed and hopefully kicking some ass. Hopefully the Askani’son takes down one of these, preferably wielding his psimitar and using his powers (versus just using a giant future gun).
    might be too optimistic of me but I expect this is where all the "good guys" team-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    I do wonder who’s going to die, but I’m more interested to know if they have any plans for characters to stay dead. Otherwise the dying in a shocking and painful way sounds more like dramatic compensation for mortality losing all impact.
    I'm really kind of tired of all the death because they can revive in the books. It just feels weird "look how much these characters die now because death doesn't mean anything any more!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Even got the omega beams too

Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    might be too optimistic of me but I expect this is where all the "good guys" team-up.

I'm really kind of tired of all the death because they can revive in the books. It just feels weird "look how much these characters die now because death doesn't mean anything any more!"
    Same. I've been over the RP' for quite some time now since I realised early on that the writers were treating it as a running gag. And Schiti just confirmed my feelings correct.

I want the Mutants to seriously fock-up the Celestials but I also want the RP's irreparably damaged or gone completely.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Makes sense with respect to OG Kirby Darkseid being more original than Thanos ever was.
    Honestly most of the Eternals rivalry between Uranos and Kronos are almost similar to rivalry between Highfather and Darkseid. So it doesn't surprise me one bit
    Last edited by Vishop; 06-18-2022 at 11:47 AM.