Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Same. I've been over the RP' for quite some time now since I realised early on that the writers were treating it as a running gag. And Schiti just confirmed my feelings correct.

I want the Mutants to seriously fock-up the Celestials but I also want the RP's irreparably damaged or gone completely.
    Same. But let Hope and the rest of The Five resurrect Cable and whoever else Uranos kills first. Maybe they resurrect him without the T-O virus and fully powered to help take down these kaiju monster things and he uses his psimitar again. A guy can hope, right?

Of course a fully powered Cable comes with his own set of problems since his powers overwhelm his system, but The Five could make some tweaks and nerf his powers just a touch or tweak them via some designer modifications in order to prevent that I’m sure.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Same. But let Hope and the rest of The Five resurrect Cable and whoever else Uranos kills first. Maybe they resurrect him without the T-O virus and fully powered to help take down these kaiju monster things and he uses his psimitar again. A guy can hope, right?

Of course a fully powered Cable comes with his own set of problems since his powers overwhelm his system, but The Five could make some tweaks and nerf his powers just a touch or tweak them via some designer modifications in order to prevent that I’m sure.
    I dont even think he needs to be tweaked. Mother Askani/Rachel said that Cable will only truly reach his full potential once his body and mind becomes one. I don't think Savior was at that stage yet. Plus Cable was operating at Savior lvl for months or weeks, maybe they can just nerf him after the event is over.

Also, speaking of a full powered Cable with a psimitar

I think the "full potential" Cable was the one we saw In Cable/Deadpool#16 which was Brother Nathan, this is a Cable who achieved his goal as Savior and turned Earth into a utopia. Brother Nathan seems to still have his powers and wasnt overwhelmed by it. I think Cable can achieve the same since it was revealed that the Cables that Deadpool met were not just alternate reality Cables but were the separated part of the whole Cable. Also, worth noting is that Brother Nathan was capable of using Telepathy to Deadpool who is supposed to be immune to tp (even to Savior, Prof X and Jean) so this Cable should be on another level.
    part-ofthewhole.jpg.

Cable is in a lot of covers so hopefully he'll have a major role to play. I personally think they're setting him up to gain his powers back and then fight Uranos.
    Last edited by MkDiz; 06-18-2022 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MkDiz View Post
    Cable is in a lot of covers so hopefully he'll have a major role to play. I personally think they're setting him up to gain his powers back and then fight Uranos.
    I hope you’re right, because right now it feels like typical Marvel shit-writing during events where they say, “Hey, let’s kill Cable and take him off the board for awhile to show how much this event matters.” It’s gotten incredibly f’ing lame and predictable IMO. Maybe they surprise me for once during one of these crappy crossovers and it ends up being great. As of right now my expectations have been lowered tremendously as I’m expecting Cable to job to Uranos, to show how mighty this Darkseid ripoff is, and The Five can’t bring him back because they take them out… to showcase the tremendous stakes of this event. *barf*

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Is this a hint that Kurt’s mustache is going to die?

It better not. It’s a hell of a good ‘stache.

BANNED

Yeah, well, I'm thinking about maybe waiting 'til it's been passed. If it hasn't already, that is, and this is just pretense.

But I would caution all to avoid ending up preaching only to the choir, i.e., the already converted. I should think when operating in a niche, that you'd want to cast the widest net possible, not the narrowest, prefab *conditional* one. As that seems, y'know... almost counterintuitive, to getting the message out to... who needs to hear it most? It's really not about what you say, but how you say it. Try cajoling, versus the hyperbolic hammering of feigned outrage that automatically puts those you're trying to convince, on the defensive. It's hard enough if not impossible, to keep somebody's eyes, ears, & *minds* open, let alone their hearts... without resorting to repeated attempts at intimidation, via ridicule. I can all but guarantee you're likely to get better results, as opposed to the ones you don't want... which we're likely on the cusp of now, in RL, IMO. Because of the current, somewhat retrograde atmosphere, I know I feel less safe.

Also, I remain perpleXed, amazed, and mostly amused TBH, at all the reactions (not here, necessarily). Ultimately though, NGL, it is sort of... flattering, I guess, in a roundabout way. Slightly uncomfortable, too, I must say... everything... in moderation... is best.
    Last edited by PolarIceFire; 06-19-2022 at 09:20 AM.

BANNED

Godddamn, Valerio has taste. Beard Kurt is best and I'm tired of pretending he's not.

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    Is this a hint that Kurt’s mustache is going to die?

I wish. I HATE Kurt with facial hair.. HATE.

I prefer him as 'smooth velvet' classic Kurt. Based on the idea that his skin is equally covered by tiny fur, facial hair on him doesn't make a ton of sense. If they want facial hair on an ANAD cast member, the correct choice is Piotr!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Same. I've been over the RP' for quite some time now since I realised early on that the writers were treating it as a running gag. And Schiti just confirmed my feelings correct.

I want the Mutants to seriously fock-up the Celestials but I also want the RP's irreparably damaged or gone completely.
    This is exactly the reason why they did it. Some have been targeting the resurrection aspect from the moment they lifted their pen. Just because it exists all of a sudden it changed their brain chemistry on death. It is very intentional and sloppily done.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Kurt’s sexy beard bringing all the “WAT?”-posters to the yard.

I am perfectly ok with this

9F61B365-B5EF-4CA2-9344-2C353D76AB21.jpg

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Ooooh. Kurt looks yum. Great art.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
    I am perfectly ok with this

9F61B365-B5EF-4CA2-9344-2C353D76AB21.jpg
    Same. I really liked that cover.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    These are some cool designs. One thing i will say, i like that the x-books are in such a place where it is forcing others to up their game to create new actual threats even if it's born from a place of dealing with a society of powered individuals. It is forcing the marvel universe to elevate to the next level and expand mythologies.
    Since when did ripping off Neon Genesis Evangelion become cool?