Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    This looks so great!

Is there a reason for the gold armor and sword, or just a new look for Illyana?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Fantastic Member Ulysian_Thracs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    That's Hellion's job, right?
    I think he'd have to fight Synch for the job, and he's some kind of mutant god who can do anything anywhere at any time now. (Or something...)

'She's all yours, Dude! Our whole (air quotes) relationship was just this feral chick I saved sneaking into my room to stare at me sleeping and ditching me the moment I needed her. Let her be cold, needy, and emotionally distant for someone else. Have you seen me in short shorts? I'm hitting the beach and doing my best Van Wilder impersonation. Bromo Superior!'
    ~Hellion (probably)
    I'm not totally useless. I can always be used as a bad example...

I absolutely love it as well! It was time.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Looks way better than her current look IMO and feels very connected to her classic NM armor which I always liked better than the Bachalo armor. And no boob window!
    I'm just glad the Buster Sword has gone away, and they're giving her something that's actually reasonably proportioned.

This makes me so happy, I was literally in love with magik classic silver amor while I hated every element of the black redesign cause you couldn’t even notice her mystic armor most of the time, this is a very welcome step forward.
    Last edited by Daedra; 07-25-2022 at 02:45 PM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    This looks so great!

Is there a reason for the gold armor and sword, or just a new look for Illyana?
    Dauterman credited the design to Rod Reis. So I guess that happens when she lives Limbo behind in that book ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Dauterman credited the design to Rod Reis. So I guess that happens when she lives Limbo behind in that book ?
    Ah. Thanks! I really like it.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member

*Russel Dauterman design for Magik
    So, she replaces her all black essemble with an homage to the ancient New Mutants training suit, combined with armor pieces colored/painted gold instead of black aswell?

Considering the current X-men are supposed to be the shining heroic beacons of mutantkind it makes sense to go for such a look.

Quote Originally Posted by CapCyke View Post
    She looks fantastic.

I prefer Magik in black, but the gold semi armor is awesome.
    Funny enough gold and black often works as combo too.

I'm just glad the Buster Sword has gone away, and they're giving her something that's actually reasonably proportioned.
    To be fair, the sword seems to be as light or heavy as the wielder wants, regardless of it's size, so it's not like the dragonslayer style sword (though it was visualy more a Moonlight Greatsword) was really encumbering her much.

Ok i know everyone is tired of me saying this. But holy fox I wish Betsy Braddocks armor look was more similar to this.

Sleek, sexy and protective.

That's Hellion's job, right?
    Nah, metal hands are too cold
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Ok i know everyone is tired of me saying this. But holy fox I wish Betsy Braddocks armor look was more similar to this.

Sleek, sexy and protective.
    Protective? For the sword arm certainly, but the rest looks mostly cosmetic, even by "fantasy armor" standards. Though at least it knows what it wants to be in that regard and pulls it off. I have to agree that Betsy's current outfit in Knights of X is not particular impressive or memorable.

It doesn't really seem to know what it wants to be. it's not really a good super hero outfit, it's not a particular outstanding RPG character outfit (closer to what a character wears at level 1 before they get their proper first pieces of armor or robes) and it's far too boring for an epic high fantasy story.
    Also sometimes getting shine effects as if it's metalic, the chest piece seemingly trying to imply a brigadine or otherwise looking more like purely being regular cloth (not even padded armor ala gambesom or buff coat).

She's finally got a new costume! Praise Reis and Dauterman!
    Last edited by nx01a; 07-25-2022 at 06:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Fro Artgerms IG
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

They really didnt release any Krakoa books today. That's weird.

Gonna check if next week is stacked.

ooh we got the 2 heavy hitters next week:

Immortal X-Men 5
    Legion of X 4
    X-Men Red 5
    Last edited by CGAR; 07-27-2022 at 08:03 AM.

My three favorite books! Exciting.

Looking at the release schedule, it is annoying that there are weeks with so many books and then others in which we starve. It'd be nice if they were able to correct that.

Some books just don't shine in certain weeks because they compete with many others that are heavy hitters.