Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    They need a vacation for sure.
    I need a fucking vacation, bloody hell.

*genuine question.
    Are new readers actually enjoying this whole jumping from one existential crisis to the next schtick, without a chance to breathe and recollect our/their bearings?

Because I personally find it quite tiring. Figuratively, literally and literary.

We're barely off the starting blocks with JD, with two more months and a thousand tie-ins to go, and already we're looking at what's to come in January 2023? If this is what Hickman had to deal with...it's no wonder he bailed when he did. And I don't blame him.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 08-19-2022 at 01:15 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post

*genuine question.
    Are new readers actually enjoying this whole jumping from one existential crisis to the next schtick, without a chance to breathe and recollect our/their bearings?

Because I personally find it quite tiring. Figuratively and literally.

We're barely off the starting blocks with JD, with two more months and a thousand tie-ins to go, and already we're looking at what's to come in January 2023? If this is what Hickman had to deal with...it's no wonder he bailed when he did. And I don't blame him.
    My hope is that this SOS thing isn't necessarily a line-wide reboot but more the titles dealing with whatever insanity we have to deal with at the end of Judgement Day, together. Like maybe it's time for the final confrontation with Orchis once and for all but that the "era" doesn't have to change.

But if it is a whole reboot, this is wildly too fast.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzystarr View Post
    This could be the first of those Nimrod Extinction Events Destiney saw in Immortal X-Men# 3 they seemed to start shortly after Judgment Day
    It's obvious they will move right after Judgement Day, because the Mutants will be terribly weakened. Whatever is going to happen, they have been massacred and they are in the blink of losing Arakko, which will surely become Mars once again.

Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post
    Damn our fav mutants just can’t catch a break…
    They played God, and now they have to pay the price. One thing is fighting for survival, and another thing is breaking the laws of God and nature to terraform a planet (with no respect of the machines sent there by humanity), mock life itself with an unfair immortality and trying to replace humanity on Earth.

The whole point of Hoxpox was to give us a rest after so many extinction events.... knowing the **** would hit the fan. It is now, I guess. But yeah a crossover 3 months after the other really is way too soon.

*genuine question.

Because I personally find it quite tiring. Figuratively, literally and literary.

Marvel needs a 5 year moratorium on mutant extinction events and storylines.
    Dark does not mean deep.

But...Wouldn't/shouldn't them dealing with the fallout of JD start in November when the event comes to a close and not quite in January? Why wait until 2023?

And Okies...if it Orchis-related (Fina-fucking-ly!) then how's about waiting until a couple more months before bombarding us with the next "awful" thing/chapter?

My one consolation here is that most likely I will still only be buying the same two books I'm buying now, regardless.

I'm usually not so disgruntled by these things but...It just feels like JDW and Co. are running the train full steam ahead with the breaks off and they don't care that it may go off the rails.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    It's obvious they will move right after Judgement Day, because the Mutants will be terribly weakened. Whatever is going to happen, they have been massacred and they are in the blink of losing Arakko, which will surely become Mars once again.

They played God, and now they have to pay the price. One thing is fighting for survival, and another thing is breaking the laws of God and nature to terraform a planet (with no respect of the machines sent there by humanity), mock life itself with an unfair immortality and trying to replace humanity on Earth.
    WHO in the Marvel universe is following the "laws of God and nature?" What does that even mean in a universe where actually gods fly around and time/space gets tampered with on the regular.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    The whole point of Hoxpox was to give us a rest after so many extinction events.... knowing the **** would hit the fan. It is now, I guess. But yeah a crossover 3 months after the other really is way too soon.
    And Dark Web starts immediately after Judgement Day. It's teeeew much lord.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    WHO in the Marvel universe is following the "laws of God and nature?" What does that even mean in a universe where actually gods fly around and time/space gets tampered with on the regular.

I thought it but...

But...Wouldn't/shouldn't them dealing with the fallout of JD start in November when the event comes to a close and not quite in January? Why wait until 2023?

And Okies...if it Orchis-related (Fina-fucking-ly!) then how's about waiting until a couple more months before bombarding us with the next "awful" thing/chapter?

My one consolation here is that most likely I will still only be buying the same two books I'm buying now, regardless.

I'm usually not so disgruntled by these things but...It just feels like JDW and Co. are running the train full steam ahead with the breaks off and they don't care that it may go off the rails.
    Unless the SOS is Nature Girl!

But yes I agree, this thing is speeding towards a cliff and Sinister will be the only survivor with our luck.

Do we have any insight on how the line is doing and being received? I don't think we get those estimated sales figures anymore so I haven't a clue. X-Men Red is knocking it out of the park. I've had the feeling that Immortal would be ending or greatly shifting after the 12th council member issue. Not sure how Marauders or Legion are doing, KoX is out.
    Last edited by JB; 08-19-2022 at 01:58 PM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I could definitely see Gillen laying the groundwork for his Great Sinister Endgame right after he wraps up AXE starting with IMX 08. And then it all snowballs from there into 2023 and whatever that nonsense is. ugh!
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 08-19-2022 at 02:26 PM.

Dont forget we still have to deal with Dark Web.

Astonishing Member

I'm particularly titillated by the reference 'with no respect of the machines sent there by humanity'.....lol correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the reason humans were butthurt in the story because THEY had plans to terraform Mars eventually, not because they actually believed 'nobody should do anything with Mars ever, its a rock and rocks should be rocks as God intended'? I'm just trying to figure out how machines are fine to terraform a planet with, but mutants using powers they were born with....which presumably, y'know, is still them being exactly as their creator intended....that's a no, no, bad dog.

(I swear, people sound more and more like actual in-universe Marvel humans every day. Y'know, the ones who are apparently too over the top to be realistic.)

I have much less issues with Dark Web. I'm ok with small crossovers with one title involved, especially the title about classical super heroes.
    It's the line-wide changes that bother me.

If it is indeed Sinister (which I am ashamed to not have thought immediatly) I'm actually fine with it too. It will probably be contained in two or three titles + one shots.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I'm particularly titillated by the reference 'with no respect of the machines sent there by humanity'.....lol correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the reason humans were butthurt in the story because THEY had plans to terraform Mars eventually, not because they actually believed 'nobody should do anything with Mars ever, its a rock and rocks should be rocks as God intended'? I'm just trying to figure out how machines are fine to terraform a planet with, but mutants using powers they were born with....which presumably, y'know, is still them being exactly as their creator intended....that's a no, no, bad dog.

(I swear, people sound more and more like actual in-universe Marvel humans every day. Y'know, the ones who are apparently too over the top to be realistic.)
    LOL, true. Not to mention the entire reason for terraforming Mars was because Arakko on Earth was a massive threat to humans and would inevitably start killing them.

BANNED

WOOPS, wrong thread...

Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post
    This catalyzed to the forefront yet another of my hypothetical considerations...

and now it's in the right one. 🤭
    Last edited by PolarIceFire; 08-20-2022 at 06:12 AM.