Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Poor Dani...!!!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Par for the course these days, I'm afraid.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    who dat? What kind of DC comic reject is that?
    Check out X-Men 94 and 95 for a clue.

Count Nefaria.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    I'm interested in this did she complain in an interview ? I would have loved a Thompson Krakoan book !
    Someone interviewing her said they assumed she was absent all Krakoa because she was too busy with Captain Marvel, and she said that was incorrect - that she wanted to, but was basically the only person from the previous team not asked to pitch. (Current X-editorial hasn’t had a great track record with hiring female - or non-white, for that matter - writers and giving them constant books/chances, aside from Tini Howard, so I’m sure there’s a little of that going on, too.)

But agreed, she would have killed it. Mr. and Mrs. X was supposed to be ongoing until current editorial slid in and pulled the plug on it. Aside from seeing her writing those two again (as much as I love what she’s giving us in Captain Marvel), she also said she’s interested in writing X-Factor Investigations and Hellions. And considering how good she is at balancing team books instead of the common current error of turning them into padded out stealth solos (check out not only West Coast Avengers and A-Force but her current Captain Marvel on examples of how to manage it correctly), I think she’d have crushed both.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    I mean when it comes to female lead xsolos, the lead is dazzler with 42, then it's ANW 35, liu x23 st 21, then tamaki x23 and Storms solo. She holds 3 of the top 5 spots.(this is also why the canned anw they were dazler loyalist who didn't want her to loose her crown)
    And in terms of xmen who had the longest running solo she would also be top 5. ( I think its logan, cable dazzler, laura, gambit)
    You forgot X-man. His series ran 75 issues. Logan and Cable had longer series', Dazzler's ran 43 issues. Not sure about Laura's and Gambit's.

According to Duggan the HFG is a red issue (forgot what that mean but it sound’s important)
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    According to Duggan the HFG is a red issue (forgot what that mean but it sound’s important)
    "Please buy my book it is OH SO important !"

I hope it's something big but not related to the resurrections protocols.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    "Please buy my book it is OH SO important !"
    The whole "red issue" thing quickly lost it's credibility when it became clear they would slap it on things just to boost sales.

Wasn't Children of the Atom #1 also labeled as red?

Besides it's not like there is still this "rush" and momentum from HOX/POX which actualy gave the whole idea of marking an issue as important to the "main plot" meaning.

So by now, saying that it's going to be a "red issue" can come across as somewhat desperate to get people interested again. Like hitting a burned out camp fire, to get some sparks flying.

What does it mean by 'red issue'? I haven't seen that term before.
    "When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — No, you move."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Grayson View Post
    What does it mean by 'red issue'? I haven't seen that term before.
    The term dates back House of X and Power of X, where there was an official reading order list, with issues deemed especialy important to the main plot marked red instead of white. This was continued with the initial new series spinning out of HOX/POX.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    The term dates back House of X and Power of X, where there was an official reading order list, with issues deemed especialy important to the main plot marked red instead of white. This was continued with the initial new series spinning out of HOX/POX.
    Oh okay, it seems like it has been a while since we've had a red issue then. Though it makes sense to mark the Gala as one as it kicks off Fall of X, the new era of Krakoa.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Wow! This is beautiful ladies all in a row!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member

Still not feeling Psylocke/Betsy in the whole Captain Britian role and outfit. Doesn't help that everyone else of these X-ladies is present in their 90's outfit (including Psylocke/Kwannon technicaly having been her 90's outfit).

And because i have no nostalgia for X-men TAS i can't help but feel that this really isn't Jean Greys best outfit either.

Interesting that Rogue got something akin to combat boots with that outfit. Though that's not necessarily a bad thing, since it fits her more bruiser style of combat with the powers she had at the time.