If we get a Hellion sighting, I'll be feral
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Next xmen unlimited arc is marrow and feral

We have a chance of hellion sightings
    Who is the writer this time?

I've got a bad feeling about this. Like i'm allready affraid this is going to be a messy pointless story which will just sink these under/badly utilized characters even further.

Also that's a weird look for Marrow. Seems to be based on that singular appearance in Marauders (might even be the same artist), judging by the arm bandages, Callisto style leather vest and chin plate (which was arguably a worse version of her X-men Blue one).

Actualy anyone else notice that she keeps looking wildly different each time she appears?

Like i think there were at least 5 completely different designs, despite the fact that these appearances are supposed to be barely weeks appart from each other.

How hard can it be to keep her appearance straight between the scarcly few appearance she gets? Especially since HOX #5 allready re-established her in her classic Joe Mad/Charlos Pacheco design, which is also how she was featured on the cover of Secret X-men.

Blue boots, blue and green pants, blue, green and gold tank top, short pink haircut, six knife handle like bones on the back (can also be skipped), knee pads, rip armor, some minor other bone growths and optionaly a forhead plate. It's easy and widely known as her "default" design. Like the C-list character version of Wolverine's blue and yellow outfit.

The one for the Hellfire Gala i can forgive though. Not only was that arguably her best story in the entire Krakoa status quo, but it was also inspired by her classic look and matched the theme of the appearance.
    Last edited by Grunty; 02-17-2023 at 03:04 PM.

COVERS AND DETAILS SHOULD B COMING OUT SOON

Well that would be exciting. Considering we just got May solicits and there wasn’t much new there. Certainly not much that got my blood pumping. Fingers crossed for some more exciting $#!t being announced soon.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    Costume jewelry detail and official sketch from Luciano Vecchio!

This looks amazing! Her mask and piercings combo looks so bad-a$$.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Next xmen unlimited arc is marrow and feral
    Attachment 129572

We have a chance of hellion sightings
    Would love this. Either a good match up or team up!

Quote Originally Posted by MAR420X View Post

COVERS AND DETAILS SHOULD B COMING OUT SOON
    Sweet. With the Before the Fall one-shots wrapping this era up through July it makes sense that some major info should be coming soon. I thought they might wait until San Diego Comic Con in July but October solicits will be out by then lol
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Sweet. With the Before the Fall one-shots wrapping this era up through July it makes sense that some major info should be coming soon. I thought they might wait until San Diego Comic Con in July but October solicits will be out by then lol
    I think we should definitely get something with the next solicits as June I believe is when the next Hellfire Gala special hits which will basically act as a "Fall of X Alpha".

But considering it's the X-Men's 60th I expect Marvel to do a full marketing blitz announcing the new books and creators instead of just leaving it to the solicits.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Hellfire Gala is July this year

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Hellfire Gala is July this year

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Haha! Gillen’s Sinister Four book releases in July so I wonder if it’s directly connected with whatever happens at the Gala.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I think we should definitely get something with the next solicits as June I believe is when the next Hellfire Gala special hits which will basically act as a "Fall of X Alpha".

But considering it's the X-Men's 60th I expect Marvel to do a full marketing blitz announcing the new books and creators instead of just leaving it to the solicits.
    Considering how they handled other anniversaries recently, i wouldn't expect too much. Mostly variant covers and maybe one-shots retelling things of the "golden era".

Also i kinda expect that most of the "celebration of the 60 years of history" will be focused on the first 30 years up to 1992 and the rest will be aknowledged in broad strokes because the stories and status quos after it just don't leave behind a lot to celebrate.

Well except with an awkward push of the current state of things as "equal" to the classic era, which always runs the risk of looking weird in the years after it.

I think the first half of the 90s were awesome with things like Fatal Attractions and AoA. Personally I even loved X-Cutioner’s Song, though I get why some are critical of it as “too 90s” with the whole plot centering around the Grey-Summers bloodline and clones and time travel (i.e., too convoluted and insular for some folks’ taste). Things went off the rails after ‘95 but IMO got back on track with Millar’s Ultimate X-men (yes, I know it’s set in a different universe but it got back to basics with an updated aesthetic and good storytelling) and then Morrison’s New X-men run, which is controversial but definitely reinvigorated the franchise in the 616 universe. Whedon and Cassaday’s Astonishing X-men was another really solid run, and then things dipped again for awhile. The Avengers became top dogs because of the movies and the mutants didn’t get much love, and even their most popular member became a New Avenger along with Spider-man during the post-Morrison period. So to me the longest creative dead period was between New X-men and House of X, but there were some gems in there like Uncanny X-Force which is arguably the greatest run on that title ever.

Regardless, I’m most interested in finding out what Greg Capullo is doing for Marvel. He’s already posted a couple of teaser sketches of Wolverine, so we know it involves him. And possibly Donny Cates as writer.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I think the first half of the 90s were awesome with things like Fatal Attractions and AoA. Personally I even loved X-Cutioner’s Song, though I get why some are critical of it as “too 90s” with the whole plot centering around the Grey-Summers bloodline and clones and time travel (i.e., too convoluted and insular for some folks’ taste). Things went off the rails after ‘95 but IMO got back on track with Millar’s Ultimate X-men (yes, I know it’s set in a different universe but it got back to basics with an updated aesthetic and good storytelling) and then Morrison’s New X-men run, which is controversial but definitely reinvigorated the franchise in the 616 universe. Whedon and Cassaday’s Astonishing X-men was another really solid run, and then things dipped again for awhile. The Avengers became top dogs because of the movies and the mutants didn’t get much love, and even their most popular member became a New Avenger along with Spider-man during the post-Morrison period. So to me the longest creative dead period was between New X-men and House of X, but there were some gems in there like Uncanny X-Force which is arguably the greatest run on that title ever. (...)
    Ay, there's the rub!

There are many different points in which individual or groups of fans feel things started to turn bad and when they became good again (permanently or temporarily), which often also get's affected by when and how they first became fans of the X-men in general, or more specifical the comics (because let's face it the majority of fans doesn't read them anymore).

Some might still have a good opinion on something that was praised at the times, while many others at the times might have allready felt negatively about it or nowdays look at it with the same confusion as one looks at fashion trends of the past decades.

Not forget the potential situation where people in charge love something or think the fans do, even when the truth looks different (rather common in a certain wrestling promotion).

Meanwhile there is the general opinion that that the times around Claremont's 16 year run are the "gold standard" by which everything before and after gets measured. Which also coincides with where the majority of source material for adaptations takes their ideas from.

So we have a largely unified opinion on the first 30 years of X-men vs. a largely divided collection of opinions on the later years. Which then makes it no suprise that those early 30 years get referenced, aknowledged and remembered, while the later are largely treated somewhere between contempt and cherry picking distance.

As such it wouldn't be suprising if that is going to be the theme for the 60th anniversary products. Because praising the first half is a "save" thing for Marvel to do.

Which of course doesn't mean that the last half of the 60 years of publishing were all collectively bad nor that the first half perfect. Especialy when we are talking about generations of fans, all starting out at different points and with different forms of access to the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    As always, I'll be at whatever X-Men panel there is bringing you all live updates from San Diego Comic-Con.
    Mutant and Proud!

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    As always, I'll be at whatever X-Men panel there is bringing you all live updates from San Diego Comic-Con.
    Fantastic, you are the best!