Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Hmm, the first characters that come to mind are Rogue and Gambit since we don’t yet know where they’ll be landing after their series. Lila is a great choice and that would automatically make me want him to bring Cannonball out of retirement. And I don’t know if he’d be interested in writing her as she currently stands but I’d look to see his take on Maddie now.
    Ah yes, I forgot the two main ones XD.
    Plus Claremont just reminded that Lila and Gambit have history, so that could come into play.
    Cannonball would be fun. I don't really remember how Claremont wrote him during X-treme but he would have to acknowledge his space job and family.
    Maddie and Alex would definitely be a good addition, though I'm not sure what he would make of the Goblin Queen thing.
    Another big name would be Polaris.
    Thunderbird 2 would be a great pick, and I'm pretty sure he would love Trinary (come to think of it, X-men Red was a great Claremont team).
    Cece Reyes could be there too.

Rogue, Gambit, Lila, Cannonball, Maddie, Alex, Polaris Thunderbird, Trinary, Callisto and Reyes would actually be a nice team wouldn't it ? Maybe a bit too big.
    Plus half of them already have reasons to be out of Krakoa...

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Plus Claremont just reminded that Lila and Gambit have history, so that could come into play.
    Cannonball would be fun. I don't really remember how Claremont wrote him during X-treme but he would have to acknowledge his space job and family.
    Maddie and Alex would definitely be a good addition, though I'm not sure what he would make of the Goblin Queen thing.
    Thunderbird 2 would be a great pick, and I'm pretty sure he would love Trinary (come to think of it, X-men Red was a great Claremont team).

Rogue, Gambit, Lila, Cannonball, Maddie, Alex, Polaris Thunderbird, Trinary, Callisto and Reyes would actually be a nice team wouldn't it ? Maybe a bit too big.
    I'd rather Lorna be in limbo than written by Claremont
    I have a lot of respect for what Claremont did with the franchise but his take on Lorna continues to negatively impact the character due to nostalgia for the 80s where Lorna only had two roles, being Alex's arm candy or mind-controlled
    And I don't remember his characterization of Lorna getting any better since
    Last edited by rhaenylis; 02-25-2023 at 07:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post

And they have to find Destiny’s Diaries Volume 2 the digital edition. Maddie doesn’t give a crap but she’s bored and Destiny said they need a magician lol
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Josh Cassara on twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    I have a lot of respect for what Claremont did with the franchise but his take on Lorna continues to negatively impact the character due to nostalgia for the 80s where Lorna only had two roles, being Alex's arm candy or mind-controlled
    I don't want Claremont writing about, or even being allowed to touch upon Cyclops either. But even with all that, how he treated Lorna was worse. Made worse by the fact that he has done so well by so many other female characters, yet his Lorna is.... I'm not sure I can say what I really think without breaking board guidelines, other than the diametric opposite of what he typically strive for.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Josh Cassara:
    https://twitter.com/joshuacassara/st...223681/photo/1

"Cover in progress.

It’s not who you think."

Well, I don’t have a clue. Was maybe going to guess a “Sinisterized” Wolverine.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Sinister Kid Omega.

Astonishing Member

Josh Cassara:

"Cover in progress.

It’s not who you think."

Vision ? Or maybe hank was a sinister all along

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    Haha tbh I didn't remember how he wrote her.

And they have to find Destiny’s Diaries Volume 2 the digital edition. Maddie doesn’t give a crap but she’s bored and Destiny said they need a magician lol
    The good thing is Claremont can bring the Arakki pirates, who already look like his own creation. Or make other Arakki team. No need to bring another vague concept like Vargas or the Neo !

I liked the Neo..

Couldn’t the Neo theoretically be from the First Mutant Age and a time before Arakko and Krakoa were split, back when it was all called Okara? Perhaps they’re a group who branched out on their own and became isolated, and thus weren’t there when the hordes of Amenth broke through and the land was split in half. Over the centuries they continued to live in isolation and formed their own culture and society and whatnot, and ultimately became a separate offshoot/subspecies of mutants… as I believe that’s how they were originally described by Claremont.

Would be cool to connect them to everything that’s happened since House of X/Powers of X, and the above explanation is a good way to do so IMO.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Josh Cassara:

"Cover in progress.

It’s not who you think."

Nimrod, perhaps?

Those things pointing at the Diamond seem familiar but I can’t remember from what.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Josh Cassara:

"Cover in progress.

It’s not who you think."

It's Hellion. With Tag back, the two of them, Mercury and Dust can finally strut across campus in a beautiful diamond formation. This is to celebrate them no longer having to walk around in a triad formation, like a bunch of New Mutants.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.