Astonishing Member

The design's nice, but honestly I'm just more amped by the hope this means we'll finally get Lourdes doing something, ANYTHING. Lol.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Design by Kris Anka.

I'm loving the design here and happy that Anka didn't go for a predictable red for a lady from Spain. The dress is understated yet sexy, just like Lourdes.

Design by Kris Anka.

Beautiful.

The fact that she recieved a specific design makes me really hopeful for a storyline.

Design by Kris Anka.

MY Black Queen of the Hellfire Club! So glad she’s getting a personalized design this year, hopefully this means she has a meaningful storyline at the Gala
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Astonishing Member

Given the Kingpin's presence on Krakoa now and her history with him, I wouldn't be surprised if she gets brought into the storyline that unfolds around Fisk and Typhoid Mary.

I would love something like Fisk tries to lean on her to lend her influence and Hellfire contacts to his schemes and she's like, I no longer need anyone's protection or to hide me, and I didn't finally shed all of that just to go right back under someone's thumb. No thank you. Lourdes, out. *teleports away in a blaze of glory*

I remember Lourdes took the Black King place, the Stepford sisters the White... What about Red? Is Kitty still Red Queen?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    I remember Lourdes took the Black King place, the Stepford sisters the White... What about Red? Is Kitty still Red Queen?
    No, Christian Frost is the Red Monarch currently.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    The way I entirely forgot that… it’s really a shame. The mutants with those three seats should be some of the most influential mutants on Krakoa but they’ve hardly done anything since they got the role in 2021.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Taking about Typhoid Mary, I really LOVED her when she was Mutant Zero. Remember that period. That was when she was awesome and not just a Harley Quinn to Kingpin
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Omg what issue did this happen? I totally thought he was still the white Bishop, if he’s the red monarch does that mean Bishop left his seat

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    The way I entirely forgot that… it’s really a shame. The mutants with those three seats should be some of the most influential mutants on Krakoa but they’ve hardly done anything since they got the role in 2021.
    You would think the characters in charge of providing the mutant drugs would be way more prominent then they are
    Last edited by Diammandis; 04-05-2023 at 06:02 AM.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

The design's nice, but honestly I'm just more amped by the hope this means we'll finally get Lourdes doing something, ANYTHING. Lol.
    LOL YES. I'm obsessed with Lourdes, so I'm happy she's still gonna be around.

Fantastic Member

Maybe Lourdes would play a role in Iron Man's book together with Emma. She is probably rich as well, maybe they would try to buy Stark's company back

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Omg what issue did this happen? I totally thought he was still the white Bishop, if he’s the red monarch does that mean Bishop left his seat
    It's revealed in the Marauders Annual, Orlando's first issue. Christian doesn't appear, but Kate mentions he's Red Monarch now and Sebastian is displeased.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Taking about Typhoid Mary, I really LOVED her when she was Mutant Zero. Remember that period. That was when she was awesome and not just a Harley Quinn to Kingpin
    Man, that's a blast from the past.

This is gonna get a reaction...

X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST – DOOMSDAY #1 (OF 4)
    https://aiptcomics.com/2023/04/05/ne...st-doomsday-1/

New York, NY— April 5, 2023 — Just in time for the X-Men’s 60th anniversary, fans can discover more about one of their most influential storylines this July in X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST – DOOMSDAY! Written by X-Men superstar Marc Guggenheim and drawn by acclaimed artist Manuel García, the new limited series will reveal the never-before-told saga that preceded Chris Claremont and John Byrne’s groundbreaking Days of Future Past storyline.

Told in 1981 within the pages of Uncanny X-Men #141–142, “Days of Future Past” enriched the X-Men’s mythology with the introduction of new core concepts like time travel and alternate universes, and raised the stakes of the X-Men’s mission by showing readers what the future held if they failed. Over the years, “Days of Future Past” has inspired spin-offs, film, television, and more, and now it’s time to witness the thirty-year descent into this iconic dystopic future where mutantkind was crushed under the full might of the Sentinel program!

Beginning at the pivotal moment that Kate Pryde desperately tried to alter in the original story and taking readers right up the legendary opening pages of Uncanny X-Men #141, the series will reveal all the dark history behind “Days of Future Past,” complete with the previously untold deaths of key mutant characters, super hero guest stars, and shocking revelations.

In a world where mutants are more than simply hated and feared, but not yet slain and apprehended, the assassination of Senator Kelly comes to pass, bringing with it the Mutant Control Act and Sentinels on every corner. But with mutantkind on the back foot, what lengths will Kate Pryde, Wolverine, Colossus, Storm, Banshee, Cyclops, Angel, Professor X, and the rest of the X-Men go in order to find some way to survive? And what scheme of Magneto will bring about their ultimate DOOMSDAY?

“Growing up, I never thought I’d get the chance to write the X-Men as many times as I have. I particularly never thought I’d be able to play around in the amazing timeline that Chris Claremont and John Byrne brought to life in Days of Future Past,” Guggenheim shared. “I still have the most vivid memory of visiting the stationery store where I used to buy my comics and seeing Uncanny X-Men #141 on the rack. That iconic cover blew my nine year-old mind.

“My goal with this story is to fill in some missing gaps in the thirty-year period that Kate Pryde summarized in just four panels back in the day. Prior familiarity with the original story won’t be required. The end result is an event that feels like the X-Men story to end all X-Men stories. At least, that’s the bullseye we’re aiming at!”

“This future timeline has always been such fertile ground for stories, and for the first time we’re getting the bigger picture only hinted at in various spin-offs over the years,” Editor Mark Basso added. “There’s some details fans have been waiting decades to understand the context of, as well as completely untold facets that bring will bring the Days of Future Past fully into focus for the first time.”
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!