Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    Maybe they will just add the Inhumans to the Mutankind.

You know folks! the X-gene and the Inhuman gene is the same thing just one is alergic to terrigen and the other not.
    Mutants are already linked to the Eternals mythos and are Deviants now, so that would not be surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Shortest death ever.
    Mutants have been able to ressurect for more than 3 years. Short death periods were the point.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mattsarchamp View Post
    This might be a Kamala book where she gets resurrected as a mutant.
    Preview world leaked the name

spoilers:
    reborn anew,
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post

spoilers:
    reborn anew,
    end of spoilers
    Sounds about right.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Mutants are already linked to the Eternals mythos and are Deviants now, so that would not be surprising.
    I don't know why Marvel messed with the Eternals mythology so much recently. This 3d printed robot nonsense just doesn't work for me, and is in complete contradiction to the original Kirby design. Deviants, humans(and mutants), and Eternals are all cousins, descended from the exact same proto-human substrate, just modified in 3 different ways by the Celestials. Siblings is probably more accurate.

mutantscelestials.jpg

The Deviants were given infinite mutability, the Eternals were perfected to lead them quickly to godhood, and the humans had that X-gene hidden in there, that would grant them access to a bit of both. Even the normal human/non-mutant superbeings like the FF, Hulk, and Spider-Man were actually getting their powers from their latent X-gene, only they had to be activated through external radiation/etc so instead of mutants they were mutates. The Inhumans are the result of the Kree, whose machines faced the early Eternals on one of their outposts in our solar system, attempting to weaponize that Celestial X-gene potential through specific activation with the Terrigen crystals. In Earth X, the deployment of the Terrigen Bomb in earth's atmosphere activated the latent X-gene in every human on earth, turning them into mutants! Of course, this was all the Celetial's plan, to create superpowered beings that could defend the gestating Celestial inside of the planet from world-ending events, especially like Galactus.

This recent "mutants are Deviants" is silly, because "mutants are Eternals" is equally applicable. They are all related.

RCO024_1467885675.jpg
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

spoilers:
    reborn anew,
    end of spoilers
    Whaaaat?!!!

info pm need to know about this

Astonishing Member

Whaaaat?!!!

The classified x title name leaked via preview world. It's presumably ms.marvel reborn as a mutant, and makes the "biggest death since Gwen Stacy" line seem even more stupid. How the hell did wells go from hellions to what ever Spiderman is now ?

Extraordinary Member

Whaaaat?!!!

https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalo...35-REBORN-ANEW

This is what is shown in the URL when looking at the series for the Classified book.

Astonishing Member

The classified x title name leaked via preview world. It's presumably ms.marvel reborn as a mutant, and makes the "biggest death since Gwen Stacy" line seem even more stupid. How the hell did wells go from hellions to what ever Spiderman is now ?
    It's common for a writer to be quite good at handling one franchise/group/character and bad at another.

Even the greats of the american super hero comic industry have examples of titles and characters which they handled much worse.

Infact it seems to be a common problem at both Marvel and DC that the people in charge think writers can be put on any title and character and maintain a consistent level of quality, despite evidence showing the opposite for more than two decades now. With one factor possible being that they think the name of the writer is what will attract the attention of the readers.

However this issue in turn seems to get accelerated and with that more noticable because of how short the shelf life is of any title these days.

So a writers can't even stay on the titles they work well with anymore, before being shuffeled off to another, where their weaknesses become apparent again.

Of course there is also the factor of editorial and how they handle writers differently.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I don't know why Marvel messed with the Eternals mythology so much recently. This 3d printed robot nonsense just doesn't work for me, and is in complete contradiction to the original Kirby design. Deviants, humans(and mutants), and Eternals are all cousins, descended from the exact same proto-human substrate, just modified in 3 different ways by the Celestials. Siblings is probably more accurate.

mutantscelestials.jpg

The Deviants were given infinite mutability, the Eternals were perfected to lead them quickly to godhood, and the humans had that X-gene hidden in there, that would grant them access to a bit of both. Even the normal human/non-mutant superbeings like the FF, Hulk, and Spider-Man were actually getting their powers from their latent X-gene, only they had to be activated through external radiation/etc so instead of mutants they were mutates. The Inhumans are the result of the Kree, whose machines faced the early Eternals on one of their outposts in our solar system, attempting to weaponize that Celestial X-gene potential through specific activation with the Terrigen crystals. In Earth X, the deployment of the Terrigen Bomb in earth's atmosphere activated the latent X-gene in every human on earth, turning them into mutants! Of course, this was all the Celetial's plan, to create superpowered beings that could defend the gestating Celestial inside of the planet from world-ending events, especially like Galactus.

This recent "mutants are Deviants" is silly, because "mutants are Eternals" is equally applicable. They are all related.

RCO024_1467885675.jpg
    By messing with a simple concept they managed to make the eternals even more unrelatable, now you have people that consider the eternals little more than glorified robots, this is what happens when you lack talent but you think you can reinvent the wheel and mess with the classic, I won’t even comment about the movie other than to say there wasn’t an ounce of kirby’s inspiration to be found, all in all a complete flop
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

BANNED

Frankly, I pity Miss Marvel if she becomes a mutant and becomes victim...I mean, subject...to the X-Office.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Mutants have been able to ressurect for more than 3 years. Short death periods were the point.
    Well yeah, but there were one or two reasons someone could think this one was a big deal. But overall, I still think character death is a weak gimmick. Glad for resurrections.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Well yeah, but there were one or two reasons someone could think this one was a big deal. But overall, I still think character death is a weak gimmick. Glad for resurrections.
    We don't even know when contest of champions occurs. Probably before he dies imo especially since he's not wearing his 90's get up

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post

RCO024_1467885675.jpg
    I agree with you on the "mutants are deviants" thing. Kinda unnecessary but it was mainly for that one story so I don't care that much.

I like the almostroboty Eternals. I don't know much about them before, but I like the questioning of Free Will and it makes them very unique.

They cant forget about Bruno.