Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    There isn’t the bandwidth for extra protagonist teams to be more than the most laughably brief guest stars.

At least for Wolverine and the X-Men they had more honorable antagonist teams like the Acolytes and Brotherhood to give characters like Wanda, Pietro and Lorna some ongoing role in the story, but one can’t expect that here.
    How are you so certain about what can and can’t happen? Lol. It’s a new show, new writers, new possibilities. Obviously the team won’t be sharing the spotlight with an entire other squad, but nothing would stop other mutants from appearing in substantial supporting roles.
    Last edited by Dipter; 05-27-2023 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    How are you so certain about what can and can’t happen? Lol. It’s a new show, new writers, new possibilities. Obviously the team won’t be sharing the spotlight with an entire other squad, but nothing would stop other mutants from appearing in substantial supporting roles.
    Oh I am sure mutants will appear on the series in substantial supporting roles we haven’t seen. That wasn’t my point at all. I am not here to crap on your excitement for the series. Though as you can tell I am not big on the set up.
    Last edited by jmc247; 05-27-2023 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Oh I am sure mutants will appear on the series in substantial supporting roles we haven’t seen. That wasn’t my point at all. I am not here to crap on your excitement for the series. Though as you can tell I am not big on the set up.
    Okay, fair enough. Sorry if I came across as argumentative. I was just curious as to what you meant.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

If Kurt has a guest appearance in the show I hope they don't make him a monk. WATX is the only time I think they got Kurt spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    If Kurt has a guest appearance in the show I hope they don't make him a monk. WATX is the only time I think they got Kurt spot on.
    I’d be pretty disappointed if he only made a guest appearance, particularly after revealing him grouped with the x-men line up and at one point early in the announcements said he was going to be a team member along with Sunspot.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I really hope this show doesn't have the same plastic-y CG of What If.

Actually I just hope it's not CG.
    The animation of what if is great, i hope its on the same level atleast. Roberto looks sexy :0

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    I’d be pretty disappointed if he only made a guest appearance, particularly after revealing him grouped with the x-men line up and at one point early in the announcements said he was going to be a team member along with Sunspot.
    My understanding from the initial announcements was that Nightcrawler, Sunspot and Morph were new team members while Cable, Bishop and Forge were more guest-stars. It could very well be that they're going for a 10+ character roster but I wonder how wise that would be with the amount of character beats and story ground they're going to need to cover.

I'm a NC fan but I'm not sure he has many X-stories from the 90s to tell. Wasn't he mostly in Excalibur at that time ? Same for Sunspot, I wonder how they're going to slip them in.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    My understanding from the initial announcements was that Nightcrawler, Sunspot and Morph were new team members while Cable, Bishop and Forge were more guest-stars. It could very well be that they're going for a 10+ character roster but I wonder how wise that would be with the amount of character beats and story ground they're going to need to cover.
    I think I read that it’s Bishop and Morph who are the new team members, with the others as guest stars (Cable, Forge, Nightcrawler). Sunspot might be a new recruit or something like that.

EDIT—Here’s an article that mentions it: https://www.herodope.com/2023/03/18/...-time-members/

“Despite the Friends of Humanity [Editor’s Note: A pro-human hate-group founded by Graydon Creed] still having their mullets and getting all up in it, things are really starting to look up for mutants,” DeMayo added. “And this is gonna kind of come to a head and leads our X-Men to say, ‘What does our future hold for us? We weren’t expecting this.’ And you’re gonna have Cyclops and Storm really wanting to carry on the dream. And they’ve recruited Morph and Bishop to actually become full-time members of the team.”

Previous reports for X-Men ’97 on Disney+ have mentioned that Cable, Forge, Sunspot and Nightcrawler will also make appearances on the show, although their status as full-fledged members or guest-stars is still uncertain at this time. Opposition for the X-Men will include the Hellfire Club, led by the White Queen Emma Frost and Sebastian Shaw, and long-time X-Men nemesis Mr. Sinister.
    I suppose this could be a Blue/Gold type situation, with all of them being full-fledged team members and just having two full squads of X-men. That would be cool, but seems light on the female side if so.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 05-28-2023 at 06:27 AM.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I think I read that it’s Bishop and Morph who are the new team members, with the others as guest stars (Cable, Forge, Nightcrawler). Sunspot might be a new recruit or something like that.

EDIT—Here’s an article that mentions it: https://www.herodope.com/2023/03/18/...-time-members/

I suppose this could be a Blue/Gold type situation, with all of them being full-fledged team members and just having two full squads of X-men. That would be cool, but seems light on the female side if so.
    Oh well noted, I stand corrected then! I wonder what brings Bishop (and Cable... I don't really remember where/when he was when we last saw him on TAS) back to our timeline.

And yes, the team is definitely light on female additions, although DeMayo was previously coy about Psylocke (whichever version that might be) possibly appearing, meaning she might at least guest-star in an episode.

So Sunspot will be a junior recurring member of the team. Marvel's first Latino mutant. He has also suffered a hate crime due to his color. Roberto's father is also a member of the Hellfire Club. Okay, I'm really interested to see him with the main X-Men team.

Hopefully she’s part of Cable’s reserve X-men squad with Forge and Nightcrawler. Throw in Psylocke and that’s a great team IMO.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Ramiel12 View Post
    So Sunspot will be a junior recurring member of the team. Marvel's first Latino mutant. He has also suffered a hate crime due to his color. Roberto's father is also a member of the Hellfire Club. Okay, I'm really interested to see him with the main X-Men team.
    Oh yes, that's true about Emmanuel Da Costa. It's been previously said the Hellfire Club will figure as opponents in X-Men 97 so I wonder if that will come into play...

I hope they don't brings Roberto's plot with Reignfire and the Externals. Too boring...

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    I admit I didn't read it. But Kurt wasn't an X-Man in the 90's so thats probably why he came to mind as only guest appearances. But then neither was Cable and Sunspot... This should get a different name.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 05-28-2023 at 09:22 PM.