BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

Anyway, here's some upcoming artwork. Variant by Greg Land and I like it a lot.

This is the first time Greg Land has appeared to have drawn something from scratch in 20 years lmao
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 06-30-2023 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    IMO that was a copout. Betsy was attracted to Scott bc she found him hot. If anything the Kwannon influence only allowed her to be bold enough to act on it but she was into him. I hated how she didnt take any accountability here and used the convenient excuse of blaming it all on Kwannon, whom was dead at the time and couldnt defend herself. It was lame
    That's completely incorrect. She flirted with Scott and later kissed him in X-Men #20 (1993). At the end of that issue Kwannon appears as the cliffhanger. It's while Kwannon is alive that Betsy learns that they share a mind so she has Jean telepathically probe her and Jean finds out that they are half of each other, also in 1993. Kwannon didn't die until 1994 so she was very much alive when the influence on Betsy was discussed. In fact the above pages are from X-Men Annual #2 where we see Kwannon sparring with Gambit and Rogue while Betsy is talking with Jean and Scott.

After Kwannon died Jean helped Betsy with her powers and from the link I posted above, she did take accountability.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

That's completely incorrect. She flirted with Scott and later kissed him in X-Men #20 (1993). At the end of that issue Kwannon appears as the cliffhanger. It's while Kwannon is alive that Betsy learns that they share a mind so she has Jean telepathically probe her and Jean finds out that they are half of each other, also in 1993. Kwannon didn't die until 1994 so she was very much alive when the influence on Betsy was discussed. In fact the above pages are from X-Men Annual #2 where we see Kwannon sparring with Gambit and Rogue while Betsy is talking with Jean and Scott.

After Kwannon died Jean helped Betsy with her powers and from the link I posted above, she did take accountability.
    The Scott/Betsy attraction started long before Kwannon showed up. It had been a recurring plotpoint in the books. And Betsy didnt blame Kwannon for her trying to seduce Scott until after she died. That happened in X-men 33, I think during a training session that Jean was having with her. You even posted the screenshot where Betsy admitted to finding him attractive. That apology was weak AF. You cant take accountability for something simultaneously blaming someone else. The funny thing about people trying to blame Kwannon for Betsy's sexual cravings and flings in the past is that we've had the real Kwannon back for some time now and she's anything but. I think all she's had is a flirtation with Greycrow but she's not going around sleeping around nor throwing herself at anyone in a relationship. I think she'd take issue with Betsy trying to put that off on her

Overall I just did not like how that story was handled. It fell flat and was more of a mess than it needed to be
    Last edited by Havok83; 06-30-2023 at 11:46 AM.

I never noticed his Ice X sneakers before. Its a detail I like.

ETA: Wow Im surprised Land drew this bc its really good

Yeah Vecchio designed that outfit for the Unlimited mini. i really love the sneakers and handbands

Oh hell no. Betsy can be bi and there's nothing wrong with that but they shouldnt completely invalidate her past relationships just bc people like her now with Rachel. I loved her with Warren and Im fine with them never reuniting but it would be quite shitty to say that they were never really real bc she had some mental influence that compelled her to be with him. Its completely unnecesary

IMO that was a copout. Betsy was attracted to Scott bc she found him hot. If anything the Kwannon influence only allowed her to be bold enough to act on it but she was into him. I hated how she didnt take any accountability here and used the convenient excuse of blaming it all on Kwannon, whom was dead at the time and couldnt defend herself. It was lame
    Yeah, Betsy's relationships prior to Rachel aren't an issue, she can be bi. It's just the whole going after Scott to eventually dating his daughter thing.

The Scott/Betsy attraction started long before Kwannon showed up. It had been a recurring plotpoint in the books. And Betsy didnt blame Kwannon for her trying to seduce Scott until after she died. That happened in X-men 33, I think during a training session that Jean was having with her. You even posted the screenshot where Betsy admitted to finding him attractive. That apology was weak AF. You cant take accountability for something simultaneously blaming someone else. The funny thing about people trying to blame Kwannon for Betsy's sexual cravings and flings in the past is that we've had the real Kwannon back for some time now and she's anything but. I think all she's had is a flirtation with Greycrow but she's not going around sleeping around nor throwing herself at anyone in a relationship. I think she'd take issue with Betsy trying to put that off on her

Overall I just did not like how that story was handled. It fell flat and was more of a mess than it needed to be
    The reason Jean didn't harbor any resentment is because she went deep into Betsy's mind and saw that she and Kwannon were 50/50. After Kwannon dies it's Jean who brings up Kwannon's influence and Betsy apologizes for her part in it all, that she was attracted to Scott. The next page Jean makes a joke about she can't be mad because she married the guy. If you feel the apology was lame that's fair but Jean and Betsy are cool and it's one of the many reasons I love Jean, because she understood what was going on and let it go. But I'll 100% agree with you that the story was a mess and complicated things. Nicieza would later say in interviews that the retcon of the body swap was a mistake because he didn't fully read Claremont's Acts of Vengeance arc.
    But that's a whole other discussion and I don't want to derail the thread anymore. Sorry everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    This is the first time Greg Land has appeared to have drawn something from scratch in 20 years lmao
    It's incredible what a different vibe this cover gives off compared to his traced stuff lol. I hope he gets great feedback on this piece and starts drawing this way again!

New variant covers:

Immortal X-Men #13
    Nabetse Zitro Variant

X-Men: Red #13
    Bustos Variant

Wolverine #35
    1:25 Giang Variant

Those are terrible

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Doug with that Karen 'do is a...don't.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Doug with that Karen 'do is a...don't.
    LMAO! I legitimately cackled.

It's interesting to me how the whole point of that overall arc was about Kwannon influencing Betsy but yet the only part brought up, over and over, is Betsy seducing Scott. The issue Betsy kisses Scott is the same issue Kwannon appears as it was all connected. And it was Jean who found out the devastating fact that Betsy was not her own person during that time.
    Yeah, it needs to be cleared up for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Don’t disagree. I like Kwannon’s relationship with Greycrow too… seems maybe she has a type (cyborg).
    I'm sure she wouldn't be the first person to have a machine kink!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Personally I’d like to see Cable and Dazzler together. Just a weird ‘ship that I think would be fun. *shrugs*
    I didn't know I shipped them until you mentioned it and now I'm all for it!!!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

LOL

I don't know if these were shared here, but here they are:

X-Men: Hellfire Gala 2023 #1
    Duarte Howard The Duck Variant

J. Scott Campbell Variant

Massafera Variant

Haha Mama Jean is not having the hijinks. That's so cute and I love Rogue leaning on Logan's shoulder.

Great classic feel from Campbell and I love the vibe of Massafera's. Storm is moving like she's underwater.

X-Men #25 David Nakayama variant

Love the magazine cover variants. Is X-Men 25 the only one to get two Gala variants? Rasptuin IV and Kingpin?