Its weird that a fan or fans would think that Emma is doing anything negatively to Tony Stark the "fan favorite male hero".

Him being assoicated at all with the X-Men is what has me reading his solo series after all these years.

If youre only an MCU fan then I don't think you REALLY get how being associated with the X-Men can be very beneficial.

Its not about making him an accessory or having him be a simp. He literally hasnt been written like that at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=228094039

Krakoa has fallen and for the first time in ages, the X-Men have their backs against the wall. FALL OF X calls for bold new alliances and as Emma Frost and Tony Stark’s Hellfire Club partnership strengthens so will their romantic feelings! First, in X-MEN #26, the X-Men are taken aback by Tony’s shocking proposal as well as Emma’s answer of “Yes!” Then, readers are cordially invited to the wedding of Anthony Edward Stark and Emma Grace Frost in INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #10. Come join the lucky couple as they exchange vows. Attire is Hellfire formal. Orchis raid to follow.

In honor of the occasion, acclaimed artist Meghan Hetrick has turned out two stunning variant covers for INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #10. An homage to Peter Parker and Mary Jane Watson’s iconic wedding in Amazing Spider-Man Annual #21, this variant cover will be available in two formats, one depicting the characters in super hero attire and one featuring them in fashionable formalwear!

Is that supposed to be Pepper?

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysian_Thracs View Post
    Marvel: Why is no one buying our comics anymore?

Also Marvel: Hey, let's emasculate and degrade another fan favorite male hero (this time the one who was the driver behind the entire MCU) and turn him into an accessory to raise the profile of a lesser known #GirlBoss. That's what comic book readers want, right?
    Trying to decide if this screed is funnier to me than the people who keep shouting “Cuck-clops” all Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
    I advocate for a Franken-name. Frost + Stark = Frork or Staost

Hmm, Staost, is almost Toast…
    We can the them the Toasts! The bread couple, because Emma has a lot of “bread” and Tony had a lot of “bread”. Yes, Mr. and Mrs. Toast
    I just came in here to giggle at this.

What will you come up with if Quicksilver and Monet become an item?

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    I just came in here to giggle at this.

What will you come up with if Quicksilver and Monet become an item?
    Micksilver
    Pensilver
    Quickance

SilverMonet
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Marvel: Why is no one buying our comics anymore?

Also Marvel: Hey, let's emasculate and degrade another fan favorite male hero (this time the one who was the driver behind the entire MCU) and turn him into an accessory to raise the profile of a lesser known #GirlBoss. That's what comic book readers want, right?
    Emasculate and degrade…okay there buddy.

Its a variant cover, like Tony has been written very well in his solo and is not getting degraded whatsoever.
    Last edited by Diammandis; 08-02-2023 at 02:29 PM.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Micksilver
    Pensilver
    Quickance
    I had to double take that one, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    SilverMonet
    Getting close…

PietMo

Fantastic Member Ulysian_Thracs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    To be fair, while Marvel defss has pulled some annoying shenanigans lately, I don't think most people will get upset about a small quote on an alternate cover of the lead character's book, a book (I'm assuming) treats the lead well. I really doubt there will be many dedicated readers who will see that, feel their fave is being disrespected, and then not buy said fave's book.

Though wouldn't Iron Man be the one benefiting from this? Yeah, Iron Man is a bigger name because of the MCU. But X-Men books tend to be big sellers, and he's getting roped into Fall of X presumably to help benefit from its publicity. This doesn't seem to be about pushing Emma either, since she's already doing pretty well as a leading character in one of Marvel's biggest franchises, and has had a pretty big profile for years now.
    After how Peter Parker and Frank Castle have been treated by their own writers in their own books, I do not agree that is a safe assumption.

And I don't think Emma is really that big of a draw. That's the problem with ensemble books like X-Men. You really can't point to any one character as being the draw. (Wolverine is in everything, whether it sells or doesn't. And then there is like cognitive dissonance that the books that were sold are because he is in it, and the books that didn't sell are despite him being in it.)
    I'm not totally useless. I can always be used as a bad example...

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=228094039

Krakoa has fallen and for the first time in ages, the X-Men have their backs against the wall. FALL OF X calls for bold new alliances and as Emma Frost and Tony Stark’s Hellfire Club partnership strengthens so will their romantic feelings! First, in X-MEN #26, the X-Men are taken aback by Tony’s shocking proposal as well as Emma’s answer of “Yes!” Then, readers are cordially invited to the wedding of Anthony Edward Stark and Emma Grace Frost in INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #10. Come join the lucky couple as they exchange vows. Attire is Hellfire formal. Orchis raid to follow.

In honor of the occasion, acclaimed artist Meghan Hetrick has turned out two stunning variant covers for INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #10. An homage to Peter Parker and Mary Jane Watson’s iconic wedding in Amazing Spider-Man Annual #21, this variant cover will be available in two formats, one depicting the characters in super hero attire and one featuring them in fashionable formalwear!

Marvel is unserious for that “for the first time in ages” bit. The X-Men definitely had their backs against the wall right up until HOX/POX.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Marvel is unserious for that “for the first time in ages” bit. The X-Men definitely had their backs against the wall right up until HOX/POX.
    It depends on how you interpret bc I read it as the first time since the Krakoa era started. Its been 4 years since HoX so I think that could count as first time in ages anyway

Marriage means so little at Marvel any more.

It's a win-win to have Iron Man's book part of Fall of X considering it's written by the guy also writing X-Men and Uncanny Avengers. We're spreading the love out here.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

oohhh you just can't tell me there isn't a defenders book or an exiles book that couldn't write itself right now. *__* Or even a dark avengers like flipped on it's head. still dark but imagine they are working in service of displaced mutants. they may be doing the "right" thing this time but most likely would be seen as dark.
    (sorry for the random posts i'm clustering and stuff so mind racing in between taking breaks/ gardening/ and figuring out what i ate that has my stomach doing flips)
    Last edited by jwatson; 08-02-2023 at 03:29 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

After how Peter Parker and Frank Castle have been treated by their own writers in their own books, I do not agree that is a safe assumption.

And I don't think Emma is really that big of a draw. That's the problem with ensemble books like X-Men. You really can't point to any one character as being the draw. (Wolverine is in everything, whether it sells or doesn't. And then there is like cognitive dissonance that the books that were sold are because he is in it, and the books that didn't sell are despite him being in it.)
    Yeah that's why I put "assume" lol. Believe you me, I've seen how they're butchering our boy Pete right now.

Emma is pretty popular, though. She's one of the most recognizable X-Men at the moment, is all but guaranteed to have a prominent role (or at least decent focus) in the franchise. I don't think this is meant to raise her profile, because most comic book fans - even Iron Man fans - would already be familiar with her. Plus the X-Men books sell, and IIRC many of the books also outsell Iron Man. So connecting Tony to the X-Men franchise would be beneficial for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.