Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I'm impressed at Ben Percy approaching 100 issues between X-Force and Wolverine. When it's all said and done, will he be the most prolific writer of the Krakoan era, and probably just in general as far as X-book runs?
    With X Lives | X Deaths, 2 issues of Marauders, 1 issue of Empyre, 5 issues of Wolverine: The Long Night, the Weapons of Vengeance one-shot, and the upcoming Wolverine vs. Predator, he's already pretty much there.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    You forgot Lobdell who wrote close to 130 issues between X-men, Uncanny X-men and Generation X

Nicieza also ranks up there. 3 issues of New Mutants, 43 for X-Force and 33 for X-men. Annuals, Cable mini and his ongoing as well as Deadpool put him over 100 as well

He wrote about 73 issues of X-men (Legacy). 18 issues of Endangered Species. 5 additional issues for Age of X (New Mutant issues and 3 oneshots), 4 issues of Secret Invasion: X-Men. There might be some other miscellaneous stuff but his nuber is easily over 100
    18 issues of Endangered Species feels a bit inflated for what were short backup stories.

Gillen is getting pretty close to 100 as well between his Uncanny run, Gen Hope, his Krakoa stuff, Origin II, Schism, and a few other misc things, if he stays much longer he might get there.

Bendis is maybe a few issues shy of 100.

Jason Aaron is well over 100.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    You forgot Lobdell who wrote close to 130 issues between X-men, Uncanny X-men and Generation X

Nicieza also ranks up there. 3 issues of New Mutants, 43 for X-Force and 33 for X-men. Annuals, Cable mini and his ongoing as well as Deadpool put him over 100 as well

He wrote about 73 issues of X-men (Legacy). 18 issues of Endangered Species. 5 additional issues for Age of X (New Mutant issues and 3 oneshots), 4 issues of Secret Invasion: X-Men. There might be some other miscellaneous stuff but his nuber is easily over 100
    Lobdell also wrote quite a few Excalibur issues.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Other things of note on the Edelweiss previews:

There doesn't seem to be a line-wide relaunch after Fall of X. Wolverine and X-Force seem to be continuing with their numbering and storylines and Iron Man is continuing the Tony Stark and Emma Frost story. I think we can expect another round of minis though to run alongside the few core ongoing books remaining.

X-Force #50 is followed by "TBD"... is it the endpoint for the Ben Percy run? Surely 50 is high enough a number for Marvel to want to relaunch the book after that.

The Sabretooth War is the first Wolvie/Sabes fight of "the Krakoan era", meaning Krakoa lives to fight another day after Fall of X. I guess we can close off that poll!

Other things of note on the Edelweiss previews:

There doesn't seem to be a line-wide relaunch after Fall of X. Wolverine and X-Force seem to be continuing with their numbering and storylines and Iron Man is continuing the Tony Stark and Emma Frost story. I think we can expect another round of minis though to run alongside the few core ongoing books remaining.

X-Force #50 is followed by "TBD"... is it the endpoint for the Ben Percy run? Surely 50 is high enough a number for Marvel to want to relaunch the book after that.

The Sabretooth War is the first Wolvie/Sabes fight of "the Krakoan era", meaning Krakoa lives to fight another day after Fall of X. I guess we can close off that poll!
    Invincible Iron Man will probably leave the X-Office after Fall of X, so it may not be a good case to judge what's happening with the X-books. I don't know why, but 5 months seems pretty short to defeat Orchis for how much they've been built up. Maybe Fall of X ends with Orchis on the back foot and things more stable for the X-Men, then we get a couple month Rise of X with more minis before a relaunch for the second Krakoan era?

Extraordinary Member

There are some things about those TPB listings that seem odd, the release dates being one of the biggest.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    Invincible Iron Man will probably leave the X-Office after Fall of X, so it may not be a good case to judge what's happening with the X-books. I don't know why, but 5 months seems pretty short to defeat Orchis for how much they've been built up. Maybe Fall of X ends with Orchis on the back foot and things more stable for the X-Men, then we get a couple month Rise of X with more minis before a relaunch for the second Krakoan era?
    I was thinking maybe portions of Orchis are defeated as the X-Men rise back up. We see that Feilong is still in play and so are his Stark Sentinels from that X-Force cover. But yeah maybe Orchis starts developing its own cracks as the X-Men are hitting them.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I was thinking maybe portions of Orchis are defeated as the X-Men rise back up. We see that Feilong is still in play and so are his Stark Sentinels from that X-Force cover. But yeah maybe Orchis starts developing its own cracks as the X-Men are hitting them.
    Well, a lot of the members of Orchis are basically hired help, so it makes sense for some to be less loyal than others.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    some of the best X stuff ever written
    Truly. Especially his Supernovas X-men run with Bachalo and Ramos. I break that oversized hardcover out from time to time and re-read it. Loved that team, and that whole run. Especially the first arc with the CotV and also the one with the Mummudrai that takes place on Cable’s island of Providence (where he was doing Krakoa before Krakoa was cool).
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I think I saw someone say the pics are covers for the first issue, so it would still be Fall of X covers. Jean's whole solo is about finding a way to save the mutants right? So maybe she'll spend Fall of X discovering the answer and then afterwards we'll see how she does it.
    Really need October to come since that'll be when the first solicits after Fall of X are revealed.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    That's what I'm thinking. We know when exactly Fall of X is ending but I don't believe Orchis will be defeated once and for all by the end of it in a few months' time.

I'm actually thinking the era immediately after Fall of X might not necessarily be a "Rise of X" just yet though or I would expect these early solicits to call it out. Perhaps there will be a bridge between the two eras and then a Rise/Krakoa 2.0 to coincide with the New X-Men team or book?

That's what I'm thinking. We know when exactly Fall of X is ending but I don't believe Orchis will be defeated once and for all by the end of it in a few months' time.

I'm actually thinking the era immediately after Fall of X might not necessarily be a "Rise of X" just yet though or I would expect these early solicits to call it out. Perhaps there will be a bridge between the two eras and then a Rise/Krakoa 2.0 to coincide with the New X-Men team or book?
    We'll have to see what New X-Men is, it was weird to me that they revealed it so early and then mentioned that we would get more info in November when October would be the time for new solicits for after Fall of X.
    In Sinister Four the meeting is part of chapter 8 with a note about chapter 12 being rise, so it is possible that there's a period between the fall and the rise.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    LaValle and Percy are good friends and Percy connected LaValle with the X-office to do this story in the first place. I would be surprised if whatever decision was made here was not with LaValle’s input. I’ve seen some people say LaValle is super busy with his book work so that might be why, but I also wouldn’t be surprised at all if when we get actual solicits LaValle cowrites this or has a companion mini to it.
    I was actually wondering if they knew each since they’re both novelists. I haven’t read Percy’s Wolverine in a while, but I remember it having good moments so I’d def read a crossover between Percy and LaValle. Now if Percy just takes over the plot line I’ll probably skip because he likely wouldn’t use the supporting characters LaValle has been developing and I don’t think I’d trust him to adapt the themes of institutionalized racism LaValle has been playing with.

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    heres the website, I tried looking for other trades but only those 3 had new information
    https://www.edelweiss.plus/#dashboard
    Just sort by publication date. You can't find almost everything. I've found unsolicited issues for every run currently announced, even the Daredevil Black Armor that was just announced, if you search by each title and pick through the forthcoming releases there are a lot. Avengers is actually set for at least 12 issues and I think our normal solicits are at maybe 4 or 5?
    Last edited by PhoenixLives; 08-07-2023 at 03:57 AM.

Fantastic Member

from brevorts substack column HUGE MARVEL crossssover EVENT series launching may 2024 which kind of lines up with everythign here