Page 1397 of 1490 FirstFirst ... 39789712971347138713931394139513961397139813991400140114071447 ... LastLast
Results 20,941 to 20,955 of 22342

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Awesome!! OMG I never would have guessed Bei and her likely reaction to Doug's disappearance. Sweet.

The quote by Foxe from last week's AIPT podcast interview:
    There’s a character in December who fans have been asking “when are we going to see this character’s reaction to something that happened recently in the books.” We’re gonna see it in December in Unlimited because she wasn’t falling under anyone else’s umbrella and Steve and I saw the opportunity of, “oh, we can do this, we can spotlight her here and really tell that story.”
    You are the X-Factor Investigations at CBR! TY!

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Yay ! I'm really happy they're using Unlimited this way !
    Completely agree. Unlimited has felt much more relevant with Gala issues, followed by Sunfire, Firestar, and now Bei.

I look forward to 2025 (or whenever the Krakoan era is done done) when Hickman can give interviews to give us his original ending idea.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Rise of the Powers of X Vol 1 #1 Stephen Segovia variant, featuring the OG Krakoa era X-Force "mutant CIA" team...

“Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

I just love Segovia's work. That's awesome.

David Nakayama's X-Men #29 exclusive retailer variant.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I just love Segovia's work. That's awesome.
    It really is a pretty awesome cover. Makes me kind of sad that so much of the potential of this team was kind of squandered by meandering subplots that never went anywhere for so long, and are finally coming to a head as this version of the series likely heads towards its conclusion. The first ten issues of Percy's X-Force were money... and then it got caught up in plant people for awhile, Beast's descent into madness and villainy, and Mikhail's machinations which just dragged on and on and on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Rise of the Powers of X Vol 1 #1 Stephen Segovia variant, featuring the OG Krakoa era X-Force "mutant CIA" team...

They forgot poor Black Tom !

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post

This reminds me how much of a weird fit Jean was with the group, especially in the Marvel Girl dress.

BANNED

It should have been Jean's Morrison look with the jacket, but character regression needed to be served and visually represented.

Those first about 10-11 issues of Percy-Force were so awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    It should have been Jean's Morrison look with the jacket, but character regression needed to be served and visually represented.

I agree too. However, I remember getting uncomfortable starting with issue #6(or #7?), and by #10 I was saying 'What the hell is going on?!?"
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

They really were. Went downhill fast from there unfortunately tho.

X-factor/Xfactor forever would have been a cool costume to have too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    They forgot poor Black Tom !
    He wasnt an official member when it started

Yeah it was great and i thought it was the best book with Percy being the best writer of the early Krakoa era. Then teh pandemic happened and the book went downhill soon after it resumed from its hiatus

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    I agree too. However, I remember getting uncomfortable starting with issue #6(or #7?), and by #10 I was saying 'What the hell is going on?!?"
    I don't mind characters who do the bad thing that has to be done, within reason, so my alarm bells about Beast going too mustache-twirly might have gone off a little late lol

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    He wasnt an official member when it started

Yeah it was great and i thought it was the best book with Percy being the best writer of the early Krakoa era. Then teh pandemic happened and the book went downhill soon after it resumed from its hiatus
    Wow, it actually went on hiatus? I didn't start reading until July of last year. What issue was X-Force at when it went on hiatus?

I don't mind characters who do the bad thing that has to be done, within reason, so my alarm bells about Beast going too mustache-twirly might have gone off a little late lol
    I don't mind that kind of character either. It was just that, Beast seemed so spiteful, and early hints that something was wrong with him(that have turned out to be true, judging by the upcoming X-Force solicits.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    Wow, it actually went on hiatus? I didn't start reading until July of last year. What issue was X-Force at when it went on hiatus?

I don't mind that kind of character either. It was just that, Beast seemed so spiteful, and early hints that something was wrong with him(that have turned out to be true, judging by the upcoming X-Force solicits.
    Well most books went on hiatus for a few months when the pandemic started. Some books were delayed, some cancelled and there was shifts in scheduling. Comic book shops were non-essential and werent allowed to be open and those were the biggest supply distibuter for physical comics. Even when they could open up again, people werent going back there as they used to. I believe #9 was the last issue before any of this happened and they returned a few months later with #10. This was also right before X of Swords and that event was extended bc of all of this. That was originally gonna be 9 parts but became 22 bc of the time off and COVID paving the way for them to readjust the schedule: https://www.cbr.com/why-marvel-x-of-...vent-expanded/

I just looked it up nad #9 came out Feb 24, 2020 and #10 was July 8, 2020 pushed back from a March 16 date
    Last edited by Havok83; 11-20-2023 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Well most books went on hiatus for a few months when the pandemic started. Some books were delayed, some cancelled and there was shifts in scheduling. Comic book shops were non-essential and werent allowed to be open and those were the biggest supply distibuter for physical comics. Even when they could open up again, people werent going back there as they used to. I believe #9 was the last issue before any of this happened and they returned a few months later with #10. This was also right before X of Swords and that event was extended bc of all of this. That was originally gonna be 9 parts but became 22 bc of the time off and COVID paving the way for them to readjust the schedule: https://www.cbr.com/why-marvel-x-of-...vent-expanded/

I just looked it up nad #9 came out Feb 24, 2020 and #10 was July 8, 2020 pushed back from a March 16 date
    I see. I remember all shops and such having to close during the pandemic, with comic shops in particular suffering badly from having to close. I don't think they've fully recovered either, shops keep closing.

I wonder, would the book's writing really suffer that badly from a hiatus? Percy claims he had the whole story for X-Force/Wolverine planned to the last detail. Of course, now that I think of it, he might have been required to drop or hasten certain plot points. I did notice that at issue 10 or so Beast's descent into villainy seemed to accelerate.
    Last edited by Mungho; 11-20-2023 at 06:17 PM.