Page 1407 of 1490 FirstFirst ... 40790713071357139714031404140514061407140814091410141114171457 ... LastLast
Results 21,091 to 21,105 of 22342

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    John Romita Jr. variant for Cable #1.

'Neck? Of course I have a neck. It's in one of my pouches...'

Not even my favorite JRJR rendering of Nathan, but it's a pretty damn classic one for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    This is ridiculous and I love it.
    Same. I love "brick $#!thouse" Cable. Ha.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Icefanatic View Post
    December Frost aka Winter was created back when Marvel was toying with making Bobby and Emma a couple(something that would have happened had Jay Faerber continued as the writer of Generation X). She was supposed to be their Great-grandchild or thereabouts(sliding timescale). I doubt she even exists anymore in the current continuity.
    Orlando’s gone out of his way to emphasize that ALL previous 2099 stories are canon. December definitely still exists and it’s actually very easy to just tweak her intended origins so one of Christian Frost’s sisters donated an egg so he and Bobby could have a kid via surrogacy or something. *shrugs*

It's like when the first big snow of the season hits, and you're not sure when to stop adding layers...
    Queen of Mutants, Mistress of Magnetism, Magnetrix and the MII, Pestilence of the Horsemen of Apocalypse, the Krakoan Oracle and creator of the Sanctus Sacrum Tournament Key, the Threshold Seed Shaper, Brood Queen of the Fall of the House of X, Lorna Sally Dane, Ph.D., of the House of M, Polaris of the X-Men

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Orlando’s gone out of his way to emphasize that ALL previous 2099 stories are canon. December definitely still exists and it’s actually very easy to just tweak her intended origins so one of Christian Frost’s sisters donated an egg so he and Bobby could have a kid via surrogacy or something. *shrugs*
    I'm only aware of December because I've seen you talk about them before, but I wouldn't mind seeing the character show up in the current timeline just to throw a wrench into the Bobby and Romeo pairing, assuming Romeo survives the mini (he probably won't).

I don't usually like when artists homage that exaggerated '90s style, but I actually like that JRJr Cable cover. He used to be one of my favorite Iceman artists back in the day, would love to see how he draws Bobby now.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I'm only aware of December because I've seen you talk about them before, but I wouldn't mind seeing the character show up in the current timeline just to throw a wrench into the Bobby and Romeo pairing, assuming Romeo survives the mini (he probably won't).
    My motivations are incredibly basic lol. I just don't want Bobby always left out of the time-traveling surprise relatives shenanigans, because I feel he has among the MOST potential for hilarious reactions to news of surprise great-great-grandchildren particularly with people he didn't expect.

And imagine if he met a time-traveling December Frost JUST after having written off there being no real future with Christian and he's with Romeo now and now he's second-guessing THAT and he's like wait AM I destined to be with Christian apparently and Romeo and Christian then bond over the experience of having your futures be thrown into turmoil due to romantic proximity to a major X-Man with Plot Focus, and at the end of the time travel arc, December Frost, with much mischievousness and full awareness of the chaos her presence has unleashed on her Great-Grandpa Bobby's love life, waves to all three of them and is like bye Great-Grandpa Bobby, bye Great-Grandpa Christian, bye Great-Grandpa Romeo, and reveals that in her day, her great-grandparents were infamous for their 'ahead of its time' throuple relationship.

Bobby's indignant shriek: You mean you did all that just to mess with me and knew all along that actually the answer to 'which one do I end up with' is BOTH!?!?!

December: Yup! In my defense, it was VERY fun for me to watch you get all weird about it.

Christian & Romeo: And this would be why there was at least never the SLIGHTEST doubt about her being YOUR great-granddaughter, Bobby.

...I have no words.

Dazzler and Lila Cheney now have Earth-65 counterparts. Alison's rocking her classic disco look and does have her mutant powers. From Spider-Gwen Smash #1

Natasha there is Earth-65's counterpart of Black Widow by the way.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I absolutely LOVELOVELOVE this JR jr. cover
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Dazzler and Lila Cheney now have Earth-65 counterparts. Alison's rocking her classic disco look and does have her mutant powers. From Spider-Gwen Smash #1

Natasha there is Earth-65's counterpart of Black Widow by the way.
    Yeah, she was almost exactly like 616 Dazzler to the point where I thought she and Lila were dimension-hopping for tours.

(Also there was another outfit where she was in a leotard and thigh-highs. Just saying).

Best thing he's drawn in decades. It's such an obvious parody, and it's great. I find it hilarious and quite telling that the only thing I have a problem with is the thick neck.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Best thing he's drawn in decades. It's such an obvious parody, and it's great. I find it hilarious and quite telling that the only thing I have a problem with is the thick neck.
    ETA: This is actually a reprint from a piece he did back in 1990
    Last edited by Havok83; 12-13-2023 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    He’s dead. This is actually a reprint from a piece he did back in 1990
    He's not dead. It may be a reprint, but the man is still alive and working.

What neck?
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

He drew that like 30 years ago. It’s not a new drawing. Just recolored and repurposed as a variant.

Here’s the original version…

“Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”