Page 141 of 1490 FirstFirst ... 41911311371381391401411421431441451511912416411141 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 22342

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Nice art.

Mystery in Madripoor is the title of the search for Logan which I am most interested in reading.
    Yeah, me too.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

That's def a warmup, looking at Betsy's costume.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Ultimate Member

Or she's just back to wearing it so that she'd fit in or something like that, not that she wouldn't fit in with her current look but maybe it's just the artists preference...

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Nice art.

Mystery in Madripoor is the title of the search for Logan which I am most interested in reading.
    I was so hyped for Mystery in Madripoor. marvel said it was something romantic but they only teased storm but i think she is currently very close with Black Panther and it seems that jean is nowhere near (which is sad because with cyclops dead it's the best time to try the relationship without drama).
    it looks like it will have nothing important, i hope i'm wrong.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    Thony Silas, presumably either from Mystery in Madripoor, or warmup art for same.

I'll be damned, he's actually improving. Not saying he's great, but that looks like a step up from Gold, Blue and Royals. Hope the colorist doesn't **** up in the end.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I was so hyped for Mystery in Madripoor. marvel said it was something romantic but they only teased storm but i think she is currently very close with Black Panther and it seems that jean is nowhere near (which is sad because with cyclops dead it's the best time to try the relationship without drama).
    it looks like it will have nothing important, i hope i'm wrong.
    Soule came out and said MiM was not a romance book. Despite being advertised as such when first announced. But C.B. did say some old romances would be rekindled. What books it'll happen in remains to be seen.

Ultimate Member

I just hope then that they don't have one of the ladies meet some old boyfriend that they dredged up out of the blue to pair said X-lady off with...

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Yeah. He & Gail Simone are on the kick of turning characters into dumb frats kids. Like the Domino series where she comes off like a awkward 20-year-old party girl instead of a 33+ merc.

Then someone had the nerve to ask her to write a series for Monet. HELL no. Keep Gail away from Monet! Especially since she didn't know who M was.
    Hey it could be worse, someone asked Pak if he was going to write a solo Sabretooth book on twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Hey it could be worse, someone asked Pak if he was going to write a solo Sabretooth book on twitter.
    I saw that. Thank God he said no. Pak has destroyed Sabretooth enough! It's bad enough he's writing him in Weapon X.

I saw that. Thank God he said no. Pak has destroyed Sabretooth enough! It's bad enough he's writing him in Weapon X.
    Yeah Sabretooth's characterization in this Weapon X serie left a lot to desired especially if you've read the Weapon X and Wolverine series by Tieri (can't wait for the omnibus next month). I know there is this inversion thing but yeah it doesn't help, I hope he will at least put up a good fight against Omega Red.

Astonishing Member

Yeah Sabretooth's characterization in this Weapon X serie left a lot to desired especially if you've read the Weapon X and Wolverine series by Tieri (can't wait for the omnibus next month). I know there is this inversion thing but yeah it doesn't help, I hope he will at least put up a good fight against Omega Red.
    there is an omnibus of Tieri's Weapon X? I am from Argentina but I might import it

Yeah. If Pak was gonna write a vol 3 of Weapon X, you'd think he'd at least read the vol 2 that Sabretooth was in. Tierri wrote Sabretooth they way he should be written. Pak's version is a parody. When you write that Creed can't use a keyboard or hunt, there's a problem.

The inversion was fine, imo. I love the idea because it was a chance to do much more with his character than using him as Logan's accessory. Ed Brisson & Bunn wrote a great invert Sabretooth. Pak just sucks as an X-Men writer. I didn't read the entire chapter -only the last 3 pages, but I hear it's said he's still inverted. Pak isn't writing him like he is. Invert Creed is supposed to be Angel. But Pak is writing him like chipped Spike.

From what was posted of the Omega Red fight, it was numerous panels of Creed getting his ass kicked. Again.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    there is an omnibus of Tieri's Weapon X? I am from Argentina but I might import it
    Yeah it collect all the Weapon X serie and some issues from Tieri Deadpool and Wolverine runs involving the Weapon X programm, here is the amazon link :

https://www.amazon.com/Weapon-Return...apon+x+omnibus

If you're fan of the X-Men and Sabretooth there is also The Mutants Massacre Omnibus at the end of the year.

[QUOTE=Silver Fang;3608038]Yeah. If Pak was gonna write a vol 3 of Weapon X, you'd think he'd at least read the vol 2 that Sabretooth was in. Tierri wrote Sabretooth they way he should be written. Pak's version is a parody. When you write that Creed can't use a keyboard or hunt, there's a problem.

The inversion was fine, imo. I love the idea because it was a chance to do much more with his character than using him as Logan's accessory. Ed Brisson & Bunn wrote a great invert Sabretooth. Pak just sucks as an X-Men writer. I didn't read the entire chapter -only the last 3 pages, but I hear it's said he's still inverted. Pak isn't writing him like he is. Invert Creed is supposed to be Angel. But Pak is writing him like chipped Spike.

From what was posted of the Omega Red fight, it was numerous panels of Creed getting his ass kicked. Again.

Damn that's not a good look for Creed Yeah he's supposed to still be inverted but honesly i only bought the last issue of Weapon X for the Old Man Sabretooth story.
    Yeah the inversion could have been interesting with Creed but in the end it was just a wasted opportunity in my opinion. I agree about Brisson Sabretooth, he was great and i also like how Duggan wrote him in Deadpool, it just showcased how much the inversion change him and how much he tried to be better while still being dangerous.

Damn that's not a good look for Creed
    Looks like it's the early pages of chapter 18. Which means Pak is writing, and he's pretty much made up his made that Creed is a complete wuss. But Van Lente writes the second half of the stories, so maybe Creed will get to do something good after page 12.

Yeah he's supposed to still be inverted but honesly i only bought the last issue of Weapon X for the Old Man Sabretooth story.
    Yeah the inversion could have been interesting with Creed but in the end it was just a wasted opportunity in my opinion. I agree about Brisson Sabretooth, he was great and i also like how Duggan wrote him in Deadpool, it just showcased how much the inversion change him and how much he tried to be better while still being dangerous.
    I dropped Weapon X a while back. Once it was clear the story wasn't getting any better in chapter 13. At best I just read the last 3 pages to see the endings.

Agreed the inversion was nothing but wasted potential. Bunn had an interesting story planned for him. Now we got Pak writing him, who makes him as interesting & depthful as cardboard. And on top of being one-note, he also has no kind of skills or intelligence. He's not a threat whatsoever. Duggan did write a good Sabretooth in Deadpool, and I think that was my favorite one.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 04-19-2018 at 09:23 AM.

Astonishing Member

Soule came out and said MiM was not a romance book. Despite being advertised as such when first announced. But C.B. did say some old romances would be rekindled. What books it'll happen in remains to be seen.
    Having the book with the nearly all girl team be a 'dark romance' story is cringe worthy, so I'm good with the change. Hopefully the only 'romance' is brief flashbacks of storm Wolverine, and I never liked them much so really keep it brief, lol