Page 142 of 1479 FirstFirst ... 42921321381391401411421431441451461521922426421142 ... LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 22176

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Looks like it's the early pages of chapter 18. Which means Pak is writing, and he's pretty much made up his made that Creed is a complete wuss. But Van Lente writes the second half of the stories, so maybe Creed will get to do something good after page 12.

I dropped Weapon X a while back. Once it was clear the story wasn't getting any better in chapter 13. At best I just read the last 3 pages to see the endings.

Agreed the inversion was nothing but wasted potential. Bunn had an interesting story planned for him. Now we got Pak writing him, who makes him as interesting & depthful as cardboard. And on top of being one-note, he also has no kind of skills or intelligence. He's not a threat whatsoever. Duggan did write a good Sabretooth in Deadpool, and I think that was my favorite one.
    I forgot that Van Lente was co-writting this serie, so first half is Pak and second half is Van Lente? That's unusual.

"Wasted opportunity" seems to be a great description of the X-Men franchise in recent years and honestly, it seems this weapon X serie was just used as a prelude for the Weapon H serie, i mean they wasted 11 issue with this new Wolverine/Hulk hybrid and in the end it went nowhere. Only worthwhile thing right now is the art by Cinar.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    I forgot that Van Lente was co-writting this serie, so first half is Pak and second half is Van Lente? That's unusual.
    That's what Pak said. Someone asked him how co-writing worked, and he said that's how they divided it up.

"Wasted opportunity" seems to be a great description of the X-Men franchise in recent years and honestly, it seems this weapon X serie was just used as a prelude for the Weapon H serie, i mean they wasted 11 issue with this new Wolverine/Hulk hybrid and in the end it went nowhere. Only worthwhile thing right now is the art by Cinar.
    Yep. Cinar's art is the ONLY reason I am tempted to check out this next arc. The art has sucked the last 2 chapters, so I passed on reading it -skimmed a few pages and read the ending. From what I see & hear, Creed was no threat to Old Logan whatsoever at any point in this "fight." And apparently Old Man Sabretooth was so pathetic Logan effortlessly decapitated him while he was eating people. I am getting flashbacks to Loeb. That's why I am not interested in reading any of their fights. Or any of Creed's fights period. He never wins any of them -least not anymore. God forbid he ever defeat a Wolverine these days.

It's not just Creed. Gambit, Mystique, and Storm are other examples of characters that have been ruined over the years.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 04-19-2018 at 09:58 AM.

That's what Pak said. Someone asked him how co-writing worked, and he said that's how they divided it up.

Yep. Cinar's art is the ONLY reason I am tempted to check out this next arc. The art has sucked the last 2 chapters, so I passed on reading it -skimmed a few pages and read the ending. From what I see & hear, Creed was no threat to Old Logan whatsoever at any point in this "fight." And apparently Old Man Sabretooth was so pathetic Logan effortlessly decapitated him while he was eating people. I am getting flashbacks to Loeb. That's why I am not interested in reading any of their fights. Or any of Creed's fights period. He never wins any of them -least not anymore. God forbid he ever defeat a Wolverine these days.

It's not just Creed. Gambit, Mystique, and Storm are other examples of characters that have been ruined over the years.

That's basically what happened, Logan and Creed fight then Logan tell Creed what happened to Sabretooth in his reality then the fight stopped because it's past midnight so Victor doesn't want to fight anymore, it's boring, there is no tension, no consequences.

The thing is in the past when you got a Sabretooth/Wolverine fight, you knew there would be consequences no matter who won and who lost. If Logan lost someone died and if Logan won he would also have lost something, there was always a price to pay if Logan wanted to beat Creed.
    Basically when Sabretooth was here it was a big thing and the fights were amazing but now Creed is just another pushover and the same thing happened with the Juggernaut in the last Deadpool issue.

Oh yeah that Loeb story was beyond terrible that they had to retcon it lol.

After House of M, Bishop, Beast, Xavier and Wolverine were completely butchered for me. Gambit and Mystique characterization are really uneven. Current Storm is a doombot, the real one is in Africa chilling with Forge and Yukio that's the only explanation for me.
    Last edited by Hush; 04-19-2018 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    That's basically what happened, Logan and Creed fight then Logan tell Creed what happened to Sabretooth in his reality then the fight stopped because it's past midnight so Victor doesn't want to fight anymore, it's boring, there is no tension, no consequences.

The thing is in the past when you got a Sabretooth/Wolverine fight, you knew there would be consequences no matter who won and who lost. If Logan lost someone died and if Logan won he would also have lost something, there was always a price to pay if Logan wanted to beat Creed.
    Basically when Sabretooth was here it was a big thing and the fights were amazing but now Creed is just another pushover and the same thing happened with the Juggernaut in the last Deadpool issue.

Oh yeah that Loeb story was beyond terrible that they had to retcon it lol.

After House of M, Bishop, Beast, Xavier and Wolverine were completely butchered for me. Gambit and Mystique characterization are really uneven. Current Storm is a doombot, the real one is in Africa chilling with Forge and Yukio that's the only explanation for me.
    Sadly, time is up for Jobbernaut & Jobbertooth. I wasn't optimistic when I saw the previews for Weapon X. Some told me to just hold off on my pessimism and see the fight, because Creed is possibly gonna win given the solicits for the next arc. WRONG! Creed won nothing, and it seems we got an entire chapter about how Logan can kill Creed if he wants to -and that he was going to do just that until Creed pulled out of the fight. Once again, this was a Mary Sue Wolverine chapter, with Creed looking like a dollar store loser.

Again, if you're a Wolverine fan great. If you're a Sabretooth fan, this sucks. I hate being right here, but I am usually always right when it comes to BS. If Sabretooth is in a book with a Wolverine, he's gonna be treated even more like trash than usual.

Mighty Member

I must be one of the few who actually likes Weapon X. I enjoy that it does it own thing and is different from the other X books, I like the violence and gore that it revels in and that it's not just a strait up "hero" book. Yes it could be better in some areas but you could say that about any book (Gold/Astonishing even Blue). I look forward to the new lineup with Omega Red joining and Victor leading. I hope at least one or two more members join, maybe a teleporter and a telepath. That cover for issue 20 is awesome and I look forward to seeing Creed as a leader. Yes he always came up short against Logan but it's what villains do, Joker comes up short against Batman, Lex against Superman, Norman/Doc Ock against Spidey. Thats the way it goes. But with both OML and Warpath out I think Victor will get his due, I'm hopeful at least. But I will continue to enjoy Weapon X for as long as it lasts.

The jobbing of Creed has gotten so bad, Wolverine actually asked him when he's ever been a threat. If all those other villains are still seen as high level threats, then comparing them to Sabretooth is an insult. He's not a threat. He's treated as an annoyance by everyone. And he's not supposed to come up short with Logan. He's supposed to be better. That's what his very creator intended. Creed was the superior version that Logan never defeated. Not the wuss that nobody worries about, who's always getting his ass beat in 5 sec.

If Warpath & Logan have to leave for Creed to look good, that says something. And it's not good. lol
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 04-21-2018 at 10:26 AM.

Sadly, time is up for Jobbernaut & Jobbertooth. I wasn't optimistic when I saw the previews for Weapon X. Some told me to just hold off on my pessimism and see the fight, because Creed is possibly gonna win given the solicits for the next arc. WRONG! Creed won nothing, and it seems we got an entire chapter about how Logan can kill Creed if he wants to -and that he was going to do just that until Creed pulled out of the fight. Once again, this was a Mary Sue Wolverine chapter, with Creed looking like a dollar store loser.

Again, if you're a Wolverine fan great. If you're a Sabretooth fan, this sucks. I hate being right here, but I am usually always right when it comes to BS. If Sabretooth is in a book with a Wolverine, he's gonna be treated even more like trash than usual.
    Even as a Wolverine fan, I don't like seeing Creed like this and I hope Tamaki will write a good Sabretooth in Claws of Killer.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    I must be one of the few who actually likes Weapon X. I enjoy that it does it own thing and is different from the other X books, I like the violence and gore that it revels in and that it's not just a strait up "hero" book. Yes it could be better in some areas but you could say that about any book (Gold/Astonishing even Blue). I look forward to the new lineup with Omega Red joining and Victor leading. I hope at least one or two more members join, maybe a teleporter and a telepath. That cover for issue 20 is awesome and I look forward to seeing Creed as a leader. Yes he always came up short against Logan but it's what villains do, Joker comes up short against Batman, Lex against Superman, Norman/Doc Ock against Spidey. Thats the way it goes. But with both OML and Warpath out I think Victor will get his due, I'm hopeful at least. But I will continue to enjoy Weapon X for as long as it lasts.
    Don't get me wrong I love anti-hero book, I mean I liked the previous Weapon X serie by Tieri or the Thunderbolts so I have nothing against non strait up "hero" book. What bother me is the characterization of some of the characters in this book and the pacing. But you might be right, with Logan and Warpath out of the team the other characters might have a chance to shine. Also the art by Cinar is great, he reminds me of Paul Pelletier.

As Silver Fang said, the difference with the Joker/Batman rivalry is that Creed isn't supposed to come up short to Logan. Logan never won against Creed for a long time, i mean Creed is basically Logan's boogeyman always beating him on his birthday. The first time Logan really managed to beat him he almost lost his humanity (wolverine vol.2 90) and each time they fought Logan always lost something, so for a long time Creed was much more than just a rival.
    Now Creed is nothing but a punk, that's just disappointing. The guy is also supposed to be really smart, manipulative and very dangerous, now he's just a guy who can't even use a keyboard despite the fact that he proved to be a experimented hacker in the past.
    Last edited by Hush; 04-21-2018 at 10:07 AM.

@Hush
    Someone made this thread.
    http://community.comicbookresources....-16-Discussion
    I'm gonna respond to you in that one, so as not to further derail this thread.

Luke Cage looks like he's been fasting for a week and Tony has that Tyson neck.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    I love how the body language here implies that everyone on board is just done with Kitty.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Coloring looks kinda bad in Mistery in Madripoor.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Coloring looks kinda bad in Mistery in Madripoor.
    Agreed. I thought the same.

The art for Claws of A Killer is eh as well. That tempered my interest a tad. Have to wait & see the characterization to decide if I'll read past issue 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    As I predicted, they all have the same face. Good thing their hair and clothes are different, or we'd never tell them apart.

Also, it looks like Pinna's short jacket look for Jubes has stuck.
    Last edited by Dementia5; 04-23-2018 at 08:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Okay but can we talk about what the heck is up with Jessica's hair?
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey