Page 1460 of 1490 FirstFirst ... 4609601360141014501456145714581459146014611462146314641470 ... LastLast
Results 21,886 to 21,900 of 22342

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post

Heir of Apocalypse #2 Incentive Variant
    Swap out Sinister and Emma, and I can see the foundation for a good team

Quote Originally Posted by Icefanatic View Post
    Exactly this!

Lorna smirking as she has the Brood devour people alive and Nightcrawler gleefully killing people is just sick sadism. Like those guys in Vietnam cutting the ears off the enemy and wearing them as necklaces. I don't think it would shock anybody, after seeing Lorna and Kurt behave like that, to see them rocking some sort of 'necklaces' of their own.

As someone who has had family and friends fight and die in REAL wars, it is offensive as hell to see people keep defending that behavior as just 'war'. Rape is often used as a weapon of war, so should we be okay with X-Men raping people as long as it's in the context of 'war'?!

I would almost be willing to bet money that someone, maybe several someones, will say: "As long as the person being raped is Orchis, Yes!"

And it is beyond disturbing that so many people who claim to be fans of heroes, and heroes like the X-Men in particular, now think like that.
    Remember this?

Heroes should be heroes. They are some heroes that could go darker but most people being not like them is exactly what made them unique. I guess that has been kinda lost on people.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by mugen View Post
    - during the Krakoa era, mutants had a law not to kill humans. As a result, humans took the opportunity to kill many mutants, capture, dissection and other horrors.
    That is NOT bc of the Krakoan law. Humans were doing that for as long as the franchise has existed. Do you not recall the era right before Krakoa where humans were killing mutants left and right? Krakoa didnt happen an then that upped the mutant violence out there

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    That is NOT bc of the Krakoan law. Humans were doing that for as long as the franchise has existed. Do you not recall the era right before Krakoa where humans were killing mutants left and right? Krakoa didnt happen an then that upped the mutant violence out there
    "Humans"..... no. You can't make a moral justification that goes "Humans are bad".

Technically not an art tease yet but Mahmud Asrar on X said, "Three X-book covers done. One more to go. This one will feature a solo character for a change."
    https://twitter.com/mahmudasrar/stat...70013646668024
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

After reading and loving X-Men for nearly four decades...I have absolutely no issues with them killing their opponents in this War of Survival.
    When they were saving the world and all its peoples from certain death (against Cordyceps and Co.) they were heroic.
    This is a very different type of conflict, and what was applied then cannot be applied now. And as with IRL wars...those who have never killed before, those who never liked killing before must do so now for the sake of their own lives and that of those they love. This is high-stakes- kill or be killed-self defense. Because they are not just fighting for their own mutant lives but for all of humanity.

And some will argue that those Orchis grunts don't deserve to die but consider (since we love to equate with Real Life) no soldier who enlists to fight a war on behalf of their country deserves to die either but that is the job they chose and the risk they take. The very ones who win our wars for us and are lauded as heroes are alive because they killed other soldiers on the battlefields.

And while it's a difficult thing to do, and there will be/should be scars, the stronger ones will go back to their more heroic selves and ideology, embracing life and loves, once the enemy has been vanquished. (Maybe Kate quits and becomes a barista because she doesn't want to cope with all that she's been through and had to do and serving coffee helps)
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 04-09-2024 at 10:37 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Yupp. Kate doesn't seem to be coping too well in the aftermath.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Does Kate not know how traumatic being a barista can be? lol A coffee shop might as well be a warzone.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Does Kate not know how traumatic being a barista can be? lol A coffee shop might as well be a warzone.
    Out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Excited for this book on the art alone, but the other news around the relaunch is making me nervous for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    That's what her job was in X-treme X-men.

Kitty: "Wow, I sure killed a lot of people."
    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    After reading and loving X-Men for nearly four decades...I have absolutely no issues with them killing their opponents in this War of Survival.
    When they were saving the world and all its peoples from certain death (against Cordyceps and Co.) they were heroic.
    This is a very different type of conflict, and what was applied then cannot be applied now. And as with IRL wars...those who have never killed before, those who never liked killing before must do so now for the sake of their own lives and that of those they love. This is high-stakes- kill or be killed-self defense. Because they are not just fighting for their own mutant lives but for all of humanity.

And some will argue that those Orchis grunts don't deserve to die but consider (since we love to equate with Real Life) no soldier who enlists to fight a war on behalf of their country deserves to die either but that is the job they chose and the risk they take. The very ones who win our wars for us and are lauded as heroes are alive because they killed other soldiers on the battlefields.

And while it's a difficult thing to do, and there will be/should be scars, the stronger ones will go back to their more heroic selves and ideology, embracing life and loves, once the enemy has been vanquished. (Maybe Kate quits and becomes a barista because she doesn't want to cope with all that she's been through and had to do and serving coffee helps)
    I think it was more a problem of execution and Duggan treating it like "look how cool these characters are by killing people!" and not addressing the emotional aspect of it.

Especially when he just has Nightcrawler casually tossing a dude out in space and smiling about it.

Mighty Member

I actually wanted to make a thread on duggan's excessive use on gratuitous violence and how it kinda undercuts what he was going for initially.

Like I feel like he's completely defanged X-men #25, which I thought was his best issue of anything X related.

I can see where the execution is more gratuitous, yes. Which is a Duggan/writer's prerogative thing.

I was really specifically addressing the "heroes don't kill" ideology and why I believe it's not really applicable in this extinction event. Do we need to actually see every single X-Man snapping necks and eviscerating Orchis goons? No. (It might have actually been more effective if he did hold back a bit.) But from my perspective it is understandable.