Page 1480 of 1490 FirstFirst ... 480980138014301470147614771478147914801481148214831484 ... LastLast
Results 22,186 to 22,200 of 22342

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Who is the black woman on Avenger's side? The Avengers don't have many black women, even counting thee side teams, and I don't remember any of them being LGBT.

And of course the more iconic X-Men are becoming gay, the less room there is on pictures for the likes of Prodigy or Karma.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Instead of showcasing their actual friends Avalanche, Pyro, and Blob, they toss a bunch of queers on the cover and don't even include the first and best one? Gross.

so a bunch of LGBT characters. Who is the red head near Rachel thats opposing the girl on the other side (is that Valkyrie?)

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    so a bunch of LGBT characters. Who is the red head near Rachel thats opposing the girl on the other side (is that Valkyrie?)
    Escapade. A character that debuted in one of the previous Marvel Voices Pride and appeared in the final issues of the latest New Mutant series.

And yes, that is a Valkyrie that was created for movie synergy, Runa is her name if I remember well.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Who is the black woman on Avenger's side? The Avengers don't have many black women, even counting thee side teams, and I don't remember any of them being LGBT.
    You don't know America Chavez?

I like to think that all these characters are coming to beat their asses for all the crap they've done.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I like to think that all these characters are coming to beat their asses for all the crap they've done.
    That would be indeed a nice idea.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I love this cover! And Irene sure loves a crossbow.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Escapade. A character that debuted in one of the previous Marvel Voices Pride and appeared in the final issues of the latest New Mutant series.

And yes, that is a Valkyrie that was created for movie synergy, Runa is her name if I remember well.
    Oh. I thought it was an AvX themed cover, but looks like it's not. Or has Synergy Valkyrie been an Avenger?
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Oh. I thought it was an AvX themed cover, but looks like it's not. Or has Synergy Valkyrie been an Avenger?
    No, as far as I know she has never been part of the Avengers.

And of course the more iconic X-Men are becoming gay, the less room there is on pictures for the likes of Prodigy or Karma.
    I don’t think how iconic they are determined whether they got on this cover considering Escapade is there.

It's funny how their kids aren't even on the cover.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    But Betsy is way more associated to a pink sword then her.
    I don’t agree they do not look similar since both have the same strong iconographies: to butterfly and pink glowing swords. Maybe it doesn’t bug you but I would like more clear differentiation.

I think both look good but it is something that bugs me a bit.
    Betsy is mroe associated with the psy-knife than a psy-sword. It really muddies the water bc of the whole body swap bc yeah I dont really associate the psy-knife with her current body. Kwannon was various swords since her first appearance and she's continued to do so in the Krakoa era

And what you are referring to are power signatures. The two characters dont actually look anything alike. Kwannon has black hair and finally a new unique costume for her. Betsy has a pink ponytail and a new costume that gives her a new look as well. They dont like anymore alike than Jean and Rachel (whom also have the same powrs and often similar power signatures). Nobody that actually is aware of current status quo of the characters are in the books today is going to look at an image of Kwannon and think thats Betsy or vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's funny how their kids aren't even on the cover.
    Why would they be? The cover obviously has a theme and to my knowledge Rogue nor Nightcrawler identify as LGBT
    Last edited by Havok83; 04-19-2024 at 01:45 PM.

It also doesnt help that the variant artists are so inconsistent with Kwannon Betsy portrayals

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Why would they be? The cover obviously has a theme and to my knowledge Rogue nor Nightcrawler identify as LGBT
    I thought it was just involving people who were in the story but that part of it kind of slipped my mind.