Page 189 of 1490 FirstFirst ... 891391791851861871881891901911921931992392896891189 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,835 of 22344

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Could be worse...

to be fair, he's making that sandwich for himself

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess it goes to show how much writers care about the students or the New X-Men generation that they can't even keep track of which kids should or shouldn't be at the school at this point .
    Don't let the writers read that. Last time they couldn't keep track of all the mutants, they murdered 99% of them.

Okay, Mystique as the big surprize? I quit the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    to be fair, he's making that sandwich for himself
    Didn't know it was normal for Logan to eat sandwiches mixed with his own blood.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Didn't know it was normal for Logan to eat sandwiches mixed with his own blood.
    Well according to him, he ate his own flesh to survive when he was traped in the arthic, maybe he just got used to it without noticing .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    lol the final member of Weapon X is Mystique.

Weapon X hasn't been on my pull list anyways, as it's been pretty terrible, but I've no further motivation to pick it up. Bunn's Uncanny and Soule's Astonishing gave Raven clarity and I'd hoped she may become something more akin to an X-Man, though of a darker motivation, but there's no redeeming her on Creed's team of killers. Those outfits are hideous, and the only one I like is Domino's, which probably won't carry over to her solo anyway. I'd have preferred they all stuck with their current uniforms. Besides, as a team of mercs and murderers, shouldn't they be in darker colors, rather than orange?

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    A panel from X-Men Red #6 by new artist Carmen Carnero :
    The art in Red has been consistently good, and I maintain that it's still the best X-Men title right now. I cannot wait to see what comes next. The solicits give very little away (as in nothing at all), but the huge storyline is incredibly exciting.

And another one from Multiple Man #2 :
    An unexpected favorite before it's even arrived. Madrox was never even on my radar, but I think Rosenberg will win me over. Looks like a really fun mini.

So tired of the X-men having no villains to fight besides generic hate groups because they’ve made all the bad guys X-men. Ugh

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    The art in Red has been consistently good, and I maintain that it's still the best X-Men title right now. I cannot wait to see what comes next. The solicits give very little away (as in nothing at all), but the huge storyline is incredibly exciting.
    I'm hoping there'll be a better chance for the book to go twice-monthly after September. The reason given previously was that the original artist's style was such a huge part of the book, and I won't dispute that. But now that he's gone, can we get a rotating team and pick up the pace a bit?

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    Weapon X hasn't been on my pull list anyways, as it's been pretty terrible, but I've no further motivation to pick it up. Bunn's Uncanny and Soule's Astonishing gave Raven clarity and I'd hoped she may become something more akin to an X-Man, though of a darker motivation, but there's no redeeming her on Creed's team of killers. Those outfits are hideous, and the only one I like is Domino's, which probably won't carry over to her solo anyway. I'd have preferred they all stuck with their current uniforms. Besides, as a team of mercs and murderers, shouldn't they be in darker colors, rather than orange?
    The colors may represent the tiger. Either it's the team mascot, or it gets killed, and Creed has the team wearing the colors.

Probably something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    So tired of the X-men having no villains to fight besides generic hate groups because they’ve made all the bad guys X-men. Ugh
    They need to make new villains anyhow. The ones that are X-Men became jobber, nom-threat, punching bags anyway. Make some threatening villains, and have the old ones move on to something interetesting. But written by someone not named Pak. Because so far, he's done very little with any of this cast. And I doubt he's gonna start now.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 06-26-2018 at 04:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    lol the final member of Weapon X is Mystique.

Sold! I was originally inclined to not check this out and wait for the TPB. Now that Mystique is involved, I'm interested again. She has been floating around the X-books since Bunn's run on Uncanny X-men, but hasn't really established herself. I get the sense that Marvel is keeping her around because they want to put her somewhere, but they just don't know where. I think a book like this would be perfect for her.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I'm hoping there'll be a better chance for the book to go twice-monthly after September. The reason given previously was that the original artist's style was such a huge part of the book, and I won't dispute that. But now that he's gone, can we get a rotating team and pick up the pace a bit?
    Man I remember when you actually had to be a good artist to make Marvel wait on your work. It’s a sad state of affairs when Marvel has such a poor artist pool that now run of the mill guys get super star treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    The colors may represent the tiger. Either it's the team mascot, or it gets killed, and Creed has the team wearing the colors.

Probably something like that.

They need to make new villains anyhow. The ones that are X-Men became jobber, nom-threat, punching bags anyway. Make some threatening villains, and have the old ones move on to something interetesting. But written by someone not named Pak. Because so far, he's done very little with any of this cast. And I doubt he's gonna start now.
    Just because a character has been handled poorly by other writers doesn’t mean you continue the poor writing and turn them to heroes. Besides all villains are jobbers to one extent or another it’s just how they are written that makes it good or bad. Also with nano sentinels, hellfire brats, and Fox News Anchors as the most recent examples of new villains I’d rather rehabilitate the old villains because right now they don’t seem to have what it takes to make new ones. Though I did like the social media analogy of Red so far.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Just because a character has been handled poorly by other writers doesn’t mean you continue the poor writing and turn them to heroes. Besides all villains are jobbers to one extent or another it’s just how they are written that makes it good or bad. Also with nano sentinels, hellfire brats, and Fox News Anchors as the most recent examples of new villains I’d rather rehabilitate the old villains because right now they don’t seem to have what it takes to make new ones. Though I did like the social media analogy of Red so far.
    For me, if your villain is a jobber, it's bad writing regardless of how you do. If they never win or come out on top, what's the threat of them? And why hasn't the hero done away with them yet if they're so easily beatable? A villain who can come out on top a good bit, who's actually hard to kill or deal with is much better than the punching bags who get taken out in 10 sec when the showdown comes.

I don't follow Mystique, since I don't care much about her. But Sabretooth fell off so hard, making him a hero or killing him off would be better than seeing him kept around as a cartoon villain, or accessory to show how great Logan looks. He just got his ass kicked by Old Logan of all people. He got his ass kicked by Laura in 5 sec. Daken also took him out effortlessly in Death of Wolverine. Deadpool made easy work of him in AXIS, taking him out with 1 hit. Recently, what's Creed done as a villain that's noteworthy? Last I remember was Aaron's Wolverine where he takes over as the top crime boss of Asia. And that didn't last when Wolverine shows up to his party, takes him & Mystique out instantly and leaves to have a drink. Pak has taken him back to a more villainous route, and once again he's the biggest joke he's been in 4 years. lol Then he gets paired up with Mystique, and emasculated. He's a villain in Claws of A Killer, and currently being depicted as a coward who's scared of zombies.

The good guys need to win some. But at the same time, the bad guys also need to win enough, and maybe even more than the good guys to keep the threat value up. Otherwise, you have villains like Team Rocket, where every time they show up, they get easily beaten and "blasted off again." Good villains don't need to be jobbers. Any time they get defeated, it needs to take some real effort or sacrifice on the hero's part to get it done.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 06-26-2018 at 05:40 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-James View Post
    Oh, when and where besides the 2 examples I have given?
    Well for one reducing the scenes with Shan and Yukio respectively to one sided flirting is flat out wrong. Yukio especially with whom Storm described as the person to which her heart belongs, if anything Ororo was the driving force between them pushing for intimacy. When the X-Men faced the Horde in that unknown ancient citadel that was revealed as well, Storm’s greatest desire was to be in Tokyo with Yukio, to be “free”. Later on in Xtreme X-Men we also had several overtly suggesting scenes between Storm and both Yukio and Callisto too; lounging on beds, drinking in hot tubs and a fun pun literally and symbolically coming out of the closet.

In Mekanix with Kitty it seemed pretty clear the attraction between Kitty abd Shan was mutual, they’d have obviously kissed if they hadn’t been attacked in the page posted earlier. Beyond that though there’s often been a sexual charged component implied in most of Kitty’s close female relationships, be it best friend roommates like Illyana and Rachel, antagonistic rivals like Marrow or seductive mentors like Courtney/Sat-yr-9. The best evidence though was probably The End, a timeline directly diverent from 616 post-Morrison era in which in the future Kitty is in a relationship with Rachel and they’ve built a family together. Kitty actually moved past the subtext here, she’s the first female, first mutant, first Jewish, first GLBTQ President of the US.

Now for the shoe on the other foot, can you tell me what canonical evidence there was for Bobby being a closeted homosexual before Jeen/Bendis idiotically blurted it out?
    Last edited by DDM; 06-26-2018 at 05:40 AM.

Um, no. It's usually the opposite.