Page 197 of 1490 FirstFirst ... 971471871931941951961971981992002012072472976971197 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,955 of 22342

I don't remember an actual quote where they said Asrar was leaving. Seems like comic book journalists jumping to conclusions.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paracelsus47 View Post
    Don't worry,he isn't killing her. They are just having sex. It may seem "dreadful" in the beginning but you get used to it.
    Lol, I'll clarify the technical execution of that panel is dreadful.

I do like the new storm costume.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I wonder if he did some of #6 before leaving with Carmen finshing it up
    No, those pages should be finished up and colored. The Asrar one there hasn't been yet.

That implies that he's coming back.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I don't remember an actual quote where they said Asrar was leaving. Seems like comic book journalists jumping to conclusions.
    Taylor confirmed that he was

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    No, those pages should be finished up and colored. The Asrar ones haven't been yet.

That implies that he's coming back.
    Maybe its not from Red but some other book
    Last edited by Havok83; 07-11-2018 at 02:32 PM.

I know this isn't art but Chris Robinson said that October is going to be nuts...hopefully we get some big announcements soon from what Chris and Jordan have said I very much believe Oct is going to be a great month
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    I know this isn't art but Chris Robinson said that October is going to be nuts...hopefully we get some big announcements soon from what Chris and Jordan have said I very much believe Oct is going to be a great month
    TBH, I'm expecting a lot of nostalgia wank and more rehashes.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Ambaryerno speaks truth. This so-called "Fresh Start" has been nothing but resetting everything.

*Jean is alive again
    *Logan is alive again
    *Madrox is alive again
    *Laura is X-23 again
    *Sabretooth, Magneto, and Emma are mostly villains again
    *Rogue x Gambit are together again (better than Kitty & Col, but still eh)
    *Sabretooth x Mystique are together again, and on a villain team like before AXIS
    *Deadpool is closer to Waypool again in his solo

The only book I am keeping up with now is Exiles, and it's ok but still finding itself right now. I doubt anything is coming for me in Oct. that I am gonna care much about, considering where we are now, with no end in sight.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 07-11-2018 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    This. Again, with Marvel keep expectations low. This so-called "Fresh Start" has been nothing but resetting everything.

*Jean is alive again
    *Logan is alive again
    *Madrox is alive again
    *Laura is X-23 again
    *Sabretooth x Mystique are together again, and on a villain team like before AXIS

For me, everything fell off after ResurrXion and nothing has recovered.

There's no X-book I am interested in that's currently running. And I doubt that's gonna magically be rectified in Oct. lol Unless Weapon X is ending, and the cast going somewhere else, since Robinson is the editor for that series. If not that, then eh.
    SabretoothxMystique and Waypool are the only flaws in this for me, the rest is fine for me as long as is handled well, especially regarding Logan's resurrection (for me at least) he deserves a good run after having his charachter neutered and destroyed in the last 13 years.

Regarding the coming back to villany, i think that with Wolverine coming back Creed could be a genuine threat again, too soon to tell but Marvel seems to really rebuild him giving a worthy nemesis should take a part on that, Magneto can work in a noble demon role even if that make an antagonist again, not sure about Emma thougth.
    Last edited by TheCape; 07-11-2018 at 07:27 PM.

I have hope tbh cause that is the main reason im not reading most xbooks aside for X23 and Blue mostly , I just truly hope this isn't the case and if it is I would hope it makes sense in the context of the story.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Astonishing Member

Yep, makes me wonder about the mythical time when comics tried to innovated and have new ideas,.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    SabretoothxMystique and Waypool are the only flaws in this for me, the rest is fine for me as long as is handled well, especially regarding Logan's resurrection (for me at least) he deserves a good run after having his charachter neutered and destroyed in the last 13 years.

Regarding the coming back to villany, i think that with Wolverine coming back he could be a genuine threat again, too soon to tell but Marvel seems to really rebuild him, Magneto can work in a noble demon role even if that make an antagonist again, not sure about Emma thougth.
    I am indifferent to most of the examples myself. Creed x Mystique (Crystique? lol), Waypool, and Wolverine returning are my main grievances.

*Waypool isn't interesting. Give me Kelly, Fabian, Bunn, or Duggan DP. I am not interested in the comics trying to emulate the films. Young can still pick up. This is only 2 issues in, and Duggan didn't start off the best either. But for now, it's not on my interest list.

*Mystique makes a fool out of Creed whenever they're together. She'll be his Lady Macbeth & screw him physically while screwing him over and usurping leadership from him. He'll go back to Wolverine's solo to be a jobbing nuisance. Then he'll hook up with Mystique again, so she can screw him again. Story of his life now.

*I have no issues with Logan personally. But, whenever he's around, Creed is nothing but an accessory to show how superior he is. He was doing great in Bunncanny. Then he's thrown in Weapon X with a Wolverine & look what happened! All his development was erased & he becomes a retarded butt-monkey who doesn't anything right.

I just mention the other examples to show cleanly that Marvel is rehashing. Again, for something that's supposed to be fresh, we're getting a lot of reheated leftovers.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 07-11-2018 at 08:36 PM.

Spectacular Member

All this rehash talk seems silly. Comics/X comics have drowned under their own weight and constant fan outrage. These companies can't do things different without inducing rage amongst their fans, forcing their hand and reset the stat quo. I mean... The comics and characters we enjoy now is because years ago, creators we're free to create without the internet jumping to conclusions for a preview and what have you.

Self inflicting wound

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JmH Reborn View Post
    All this rehash talk seems silly. Comics/X comics have drowned under their own weight and constant fan outrage. These companies can't do things different without inducing rage amongst their fans, forcing their hand and reset the stat quo. I mean... The comics and characters we enjoy now is because years ago, creators we're free to create without the internet jumping to conclusions for a preview and what have you.

Self inflicting wound
    It's because the creativity and innovation was largely accomplished long ago. To me it's a situation of "Benign neglect" like if editors leave things alone and let writers do what they want we can get new stuff. If editors artificially think they know what fans want and try to make that happen we get "return to iconic status quo" over and over again

Of course fans themselves are somewhat responsible for it, via their purchasing decisions and their commentary. There are obvious divisions among fans and it's always tempting to think the lowest common denominator type approach will appeal to the most people. Problem is that's short sighted, we should be growing and investing in these mythos for longer term futures

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Ambaryerno speaks truth. This so-called "Fresh Start" has been nothing but resetting everything.

*Jean is alive again
    *Logan is alive again
    *Madrox is alive again
    *Laura is X-23 again

The only book I am keeping up with now is Exiles, and it's ok but still finding itself right now. I doubt anything is coming for me in Oct. that I am gonna care much about, considering where we are now, with no end in sight.
    I don't really have a huge problem with return of Jean Grey as long as it's done in a somewhat new way, which RED at least sort of is doing. I.e. presenting her as a Mutant Messiah, who is more bold now, and almost close to becoming delusionally confident. It's pretty interesting.

Logan should stay gone IMO but he is such a cash cow and they had already forced Old Man as his replacement so :shrug:

Madrox is hardly some kind of massive reset lol... that's one of those characters that is so obscure you can't exactly call it "bland" to bring them back it's actually better to do so. Just wish they didn't completely forget about Layla Miller

Sabes Mags and Emma being villains is terrible full stop

Rogue Gambit i have no strong opinion about but it just doesn't matter to me really

Sabes and Mystique being a couple is fine for me. ARE they on a villain team? I was under the impression Weapon X book is kind of showing more the grey/redemptive sides of the characters honestly, even for Omega Red.

No strong feelings on Deadpool

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    Upcoming X-men Red art from Asrar.

THIS does look really good. A LOT better than her 1975 style in GOLD for sure. MUCH better.
    Last edited by AbnormallyNormal; 07-12-2018 at 04:24 AM.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Which is to be expected from the main team books, honestly. But I'm hoping we can have some fun with minis, solos, and satellite books.

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Sabes and Mystique being a couple is fine for me. ARE they on a villain team? I was under the impression Weapon X book is kind of showing more the grey/redemptive sides of the characters honestly, even for Omega Red.
    Pak hasn't done anything grey since he started destroying Sabretooth last year. He just flip flops around with no idea how to balance anything. The closest he got was chapter 18, and that was the ONLY time or good chapter he did.

But he can do whatever now, because Creed x Mystique being back together was an instant repellent for me. Whenever they're together, they're never anything less than a psycho couple who hates Logan. The entire basis for writers putting them together it seems, which has been stale as old bread. I doubt they brought her in for this book to not be about villains. She's not written with much depth beyond being a psycho these days, and I don't think it's a coincidence they threw her in here, with the other characters who aren't being taken seriously either.

So yeah. To me, this is a villain team, and I won't be reading to see otherwise. Not any point -for me.

My Headcanon
    Creed is still an anti-hero on Magneto's team with Monet, Angel, and Psylocke/ Weapon X never happened, and Creed wants nothing to do with Mystique. Bunn said she & Creed weren't on good terms. Good, they never should be. But someone at Marvel has an erection for this bland / abusive ass pairing. Haven't hated a pairing this much since Buffy x Spike...
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 07-12-2018 at 06:16 AM.