Page 249 of 1490 FirstFirst ... 1491992392452462472482492502512522532592993497491249 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,735 of 22344
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    "Hold on tight! It's going to be a bumpy landing! "

Please consider this my submission for writer of Uncanny, Marvel.
    Already an improvement over Gold's dialogue.

BANNED

Maybe it's pay-off to this scene from 7 years ago:

Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Some of the best X-Men stories there are allegorical elements to contemporary issues — will that be the case, here?

Claremont: Yes, this is part of his current status quo that finds Magneto back on Asteroid M where he’s building a cadre of super powered mutants. They’ve learned that the Office of National Emergency, the O.N.E., has established detention centers in rural Texas some 1500 miles north of the border. They’re places where American citizens who are mutants are being housed; adults in one facility, children in the other. They’re not being charged, just detained for reasons of national security until a determination can be made if they’re dangerous and if they can be released. So Magneto decides to do something about that.
    The idea of detention camps and rounding people up on the basis of their genetic reality strikes a visceral chord in him. I was originally playing with Magneto in terms of 1975. We’re now over 50 years later. So the companion reality of the world has, I guessed, advanced, but because of his origin Magneto is locked in a specific point and time, which I think is for the best. He is defined by the Holocaust and everything he does is defined by that. So, in this instance he’s going to go down and set these kids free.

This is Magneto in current continuity, but as far as I’m concerned as the writer and creator of a substantial portion of his reality, it’s consistent with the Magneto I’ve been writing for the last umpteen years.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post

Some of the best X-Men stories there are allegorical elements to contemporary issues — will that be the case, here?

Claremont: This is Magneto in current continuity, but as far as I’m concerned as the writer and creator of a substantial portion of his reality, it’s consistent with the Magneto I’ve been writing for the last umpteen years.
    That's all I needed to hear. I'm fine with Magneto being a "sympathetic antagonist"... like, I dare say, Lorna in The Gifted?

Kitty's tenure as leader comes to a disgraceful end with her literally crashing and burning

Is that Briar Raleigh? I didn't expect anyone but Bunn to ever use her.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    That could be a flashback to Asteroid M, so it's likely Amelia Voght and Nanny.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Yeah. She's part of the current Brotherhood, so she's part of the package.

I can't believe they did Lord Claremont like that, with that penciler and colorist! Story sounds good, but dang.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I can't believe they did Lord Claremont like that, with that penciler and colorist! Story sounds good, but dang.
    Especially when you consider that the Emma oneshot gets Bachalo, even though the writer's only done oneshots.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Especially when you consider that the Emma oneshot gets Bachalo, even though the writer's only done oneshots.
    They were being cheap. They knew Claremont's name would move issues regardless, so they didn't give him a good art team.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Looks like Jubilee really has gone back to her 90's outfit. She's in the club now lol

Kinda tired of Kitty Pryde.