Page 256 of 1490 FirstFirst ... 1562062462522532542552562572582592602663063567561256 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,840 of 22342

Well as Brevoort says

"Dont give fans what they want, give them what they dont know that they want."

Riiiiight
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    Well as Brevoort says

"Dont give fans what they want, give them what they dont know that they want."

Riiiiight
    That works when giving them new things sometimes. Not when taking away things they actually liked and replacing with things that suck.

Like, for example... “Hey, Cable is pretty badass and kind of hot right now thanks to Josh Brolin’s portrayal in the Deadpool 2 movie this summer. Let’s do some cool stuff with him. Make him a big part of our next event, where we send the teen O5 home since nobody likes them and they’re confusing for new readers. We could then relaunch X-Force, bring in some new and interesting villains, along with some X-Force classic villains, etc.”

“Great idea! Now how about this: In the big event, let’s kill Cable but replace him with a teen version?”

“Yeah, man! Solid idea. The fans will hate it, but we’ll make them like it. Just like we did with other crappy derivative versions... wait. Hmm...”

I really have to wonder if they’re smoking crack in the “House of Ideas” sometimes. *sigh*

BANNED

I was mocked on social media for saying this when my post here got screencapped, but the editors think X-fans only care about alternate universes and shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    I was mocked on social media for saying this when my post here got screencapped, but the editors think X-fans only care about alternate universes and shipping.
    I think you have a valid point. For my money, I’d like to see big concepts and ideas explored, in the here and now. Topical stuff too. I loved Spurrier’s X-Force for this reason and think it really suffered from the inconsistent, and in places not good, art. Underrated run IMO.

Regardless, this new X-Force series could’ve been a top seller if done right. High concept, outlaw team again. Hunted by SHIELD, shunned by the X-men, etc. Instead it’s a silly insular “let’s go get Kid Cable” series with weird art, and Cable was killed by himself so we know they won’t kill him. They can’t! It’s a younger version of the guy they want to avenge. What kind of dumb, Looper inspired crap is this...
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 10-04-2018 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Deja vu...
    I'm going to go optimistic and say this might be fun? I loved AoA and Carey's Age of X was great as well. Never been a huge fan of Nate Grey but I'm interested in what it brings and any after effects. Hopefully Threnody returns in this!

I'd also prefer it to be it's own self contained story and not a line wide thing. Let the other books do their thing while AoXm is happening within in it's own bubble. I assume we'll also have some more books announced by this time.
    Last edited by Psycwave; 10-04-2018 at 08:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I think you have a valid point. For my money, I’d like to see big concepts and ideas explored, in the here and now. Topical stuff too. I loved Spurrier’s X-Force for this reason and think it really suffered from the inconsistent, and in places not good, art. Underrated run IMO.

Regardless, this new X-Force series could’ve been a top seller if done right. High concept, outlaw team again. Hunted by SHIELD, shunned by the X-men, etc. Instead it’s a silly insular “let’s go get Kid Cable” series with weird art, and Cable was killed by himself so we know they won’t kill him. They can’t! It’s a younger version of the guy they want to avenge. What kind of dumb, Looper inspired crap is this...
    Spurriers run was amazing. It was the last series that had me excited month to month
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

A1866FBF-539A-4B23-8F79-59FF18CEF327.jpg

Taken from Yildiray Cunar’s Twitter for Uncanny. Love that Jean & Storm are front and center.

Fantastic Member SchismOfMadroces's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    "There's already enough girl characters, we don't need a third!"
    Would you sign my petition to make Vange Whedon a boy?

Quote Originally Posted by jakeuppp View Post
    A1866FBF-539A-4B23-8F79-59FF18CEF327.jpg

Taken from Yildiray Cunar’s Twitter for Uncanny. Love that Jean & Storm are front and center.
    Guessing that's Iceman, Northstar, and Cannonball rounding out the airborne squad.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Didn't cyclops and logan have teams dedicated to killing everyone who could pose a threat to the xmen ?
    And Scott is accused and hated for it to this day.
    So, when can we officially accuse and hate Laura and the X-Men who are killing dupes?

Well, on the other hand, Wolverine said that Scott killed the only one that really mattered...
    So, yeah... kill the dupes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    And Scott is accused and hated for it to this day.
    So, when can we officially accuse and hate Laura and the X-Men who are killing dupes?

Well, on the other hand, Wolverine said that Scott killed the only one that really mattered...
    So, yeah... kill the dupes.
    The x-universe is centered around Scott for nothing.Everything,everytime someting bad happens (which is always) with the x-men,let's blame cyclops.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Deja vu...
    Sigh. AoA & AoX were great stories, why does Editorial think we need to replicate them? I'd much rather original content that doesn't lean on aged concepts.

I just don't think that another weekly event that doesn't even take place in 616 is the best way to follow-up on Extermination and Uncanny, which should have established the new status quo.

Also rather annoyed that Nature Girl is apart of the lineup here. If we must venture into another alt reality scenario, I at least would've liked to see one of the superior NXM characters get a status boost. Dust would've been perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    .....what kind of ugly ass costumes.....
    I know right? I mean, normally when we get alternate reality stories there are at least a couple of great looks. These are all pretty terrible. Clearly, the costuming for Jean & Erik leans on classic designs, but I'm not a fan overall.

BANNED

Beardless Kurt is lame.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I guess I'm in the minority, but I like the cover and the costumes. Looks kinda like a fantasy/medieval vibe, and I dig that. Mind you that could change seeing how they look in the interior art, but I'm not mad at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    I don't think you're wrong.

I want interesting character interactions (including romances!) vs. sentimental love stories, varied character use vs. AU copies, the spirit and boldness of 80's Claremont vs. trying to replicate 80's attire.