Page 314 of 1481 FirstFirst ... 2142643043103113123133143153163173183243644148141314 ... LastLast
Results 4,696 to 4,710 of 22207

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Lmao! But yeah, given this crap we're sitting through, I hope this so-called event from Liefeld is worth it. Like some legit story, character development, and stuff that actually matters. Not gimmicky stuff that doesn't last (AoX), non-stop fighting with no story, or stuff that seems like pure filler (Disassembled)
    character developement from Liefeld? hahaha

Liefeld is known for gimmicks comics

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    character developement from Liefeld? hahaha

Liefeld is known for gimmicks comics
    I am hoping he's not completely left to his own devices. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Lmao! But yeah, given this crap we're sitting through, I hope this so-called event from Liefeld is worth it. Like some legit story, character development, and stuff that actually matters. Not gimmicky stuff that doesn't last (AoX), non-stop fighting with no story, or stuff that seems like pure filler (Disassembled)
    I’d take creativity and alternate realities with interesting premises any time before I find myself even picking up something that’s drawn all the way through by him.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    I’d take creativity and alternate realities with interesting premises any time before I find myself even picking up something that’s drawn all the way through by him.
    Depends on what it is. But far as things go now, seems we're in a filler & stalled period. And if you're a fan of characters who aren't involved, you're just waiting for it to hurry & finish since it's been stated outright to be a time-filler.

Mighty Member

A massive part of me hopes Liefeld's event is bad enough to appear on AT4W in the coming years.

Duggan and Ewing are only doing a Marvel solo each and we're stuck debating what form of 90's skullfuckery is more palatable.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Duggan and Ewing are only doing a Marvel solo each and we're stuck debating what form of 90's skullfuckery is more palatable.
    It's the x-men office. They decided they want pure 90s nostalgy

It's the x-men office. They decided they want pure 90s nostalgy
    Only without the good writing the 90's had. Every rehash was done better the first time. No need to cheapen it.

And they need to stop using outdated uniforms. It was ok then, but it's lame now. And hell, in some cases it was lame then too, and worse now.

BANNED

They decided they want pure 90s nostalgy
    I don't get why people keep saying this, all the current writers are either fans of Claremont or Morrison era bullshit

Quote Originally Posted by comeatmebro View Post
    I don't get why people keep saying this, all the current writers are either fans of Claremont or Morrison era bullshit
    LOL.....Uncanny X-men is a mishmash of the 90s greatest hits done poorly. Not to mention they just relaunched X-Force which is heavily inspired by the original 90s incarnation down to the roster. Then there's MMX which is reminiscent of when Rogue and Gambit worked best (90s). The three main writers of the X-line, Brissen, Kelly T and Rosenberg all have plots heavy in 90s nostalgia and the chief editor JDW, is all about that as well
    Last edited by Havok83; 01-13-2019 at 03:15 PM.

The wrath of the 90's, AKA Executioner's Old FOX Cartoon, is an editorial conspiracy that started when they first found Dark Rosenberg and asked him to bring Jean back. This was around the point our timeline was split from the dark Age of Alonso future through the heroic bravery of the CB-Men. Unfortunately, by this time they had finished tearing off Bunn's wings and turning him into ArchCullen. Moss was able to restore his mind and free him, and Brevoort was able to use the totality of his hat's telekinetic abilities to send Señor Panic to a galaxy far, far away while Lowe locked Alonso in a pocket dimension where he can tweet out event spoilers for no one to see. But their followers, the Dark Writers, continue the evil dream. United by Pizza Hut, no single writer can defeat them. We live in an age unlike any other, where Earth's Mightiest Creators will have to unite and save the line. Y'know, when they're less busy with other franchises or their Image books.

BANNED

I guess the cartoon is a big factor, but X-Force doesn't seem like it will be as fun as Loeb or JF Moore's run at all and Generation X's roster is nowhere to be found besides Jubilee. Idk I just can't see how the writers are actually influenced by 90s X-Men comics beyond a surface level and Jordan White/the new bullpen of writers' tastes seem to skip over that entire era or treat it like a joke and romanticize right before/after

I guess the cartoon is a big factor, but X-Force doesn't seem like it will be as fun as Loeb or JF Moore's run at all and Generation X's roster is nowhere to be found besides Jubilee. Idk I just can't see how the writers are actually influenced by 90s X-Men comics beyond a surface level and Jordan White/the new bullpen of writers' tastes seem to skip over that entire era or treat it like a joke and romanticize right before/after
    Surface level stuff like old team comps and old costumes is really bad. Scott's facing DEVASTATION wearing underpants, we're doing a six month AU when the state of the line on Prime is mediocre, and X-Force is four white dudes, Neeners, and Warpath while the queen prepares for her arrival at a local Applebees.
    Last edited by Snoop Dogg; 01-13-2019 at 03:45 PM.

Astonishing Member

MMX is not very nineties like at all and so far age of xman seems more like HoM than AoA. Xforce could be more nineties like.