Page 368 of 1490 FirstFirst ... 2683183583643653663673683693703713723784184688681368 ... LastLast
Results 5,506 to 5,520 of 22347

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Literally who?
    thats a Sina Grace creation. First trans mutant

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Her footwear/boots look so odd. Platform flats...with heels?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    thats a Sina Grace creation. First trans mutant
    Not trans. She's a drag queen.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    That's not the problem. In Zub's interpretation Warren broke up with teenaged Laura a few months ago, and he remembers dating this teenager as if it were yesterday.
    He suddenly remembers having an intimate relationship with this girl and probably still has romantic feelings for her and she is much younger than him now.
    Not to get squicky or anything but he’s at this point at most 10 years older than her since she’s apparently 20 at this point. Of course that’s not factoring in the fact that the O5 aged in the present and were sent back to their original time.
    Last edited by Gaelforce; 03-01-2019 at 11:29 AM. Reason: antagonistic comment removed

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

The only re-use of a Sina Grace character was in that Typhoid Mary nonsense tie-in.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    thats a Sina Grace creation.
    Yeah, first appeared in a recent issue of Iceman. And the new appearance is in Grace's delayed Winter's End one-shot. I assume editorial requested the codename change - because of DC's Shade the Changing Man/Girl/Woman?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Shade has a fun concept (mutant drag queen with shadow powers that she focused through a fan), a cool design (mishmash of different X-Men aspects: green hair like Polaris, earrings shaped like Lockheed, Xes and pouches everywhere)

And her introduction as part of a Mutant Pride Parade was great, that is how I would prefer the mutant minority metaphor to work going forward instead of constant threats of genocide. Intersectionality with real life minorities and pride in your identity.

Okay, folks, accusations of tokenism in respect to minority/diverse characters in books is crossing the line.

Let's leave it off the boards.
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

I wish she would go for a different hair color, I feel like green hair is kinda Polaris thing
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I wish she would go for a different hair color, I feel like green hair is kinda Polaris thing
    agreed...she looks great though as a whole...maybe if they went with pink or baby blue for her hair?
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Not trans. She's a drag queen.
    Unbeatable Squirrel Girl can casually show Koi Boi in a binder yet X-Editorial is too afraid to even acknowledge that trans people exist. If they are so pressed to not get the same controversy as Iceman, they can do it with a well-beloved character who is still very much a blank slate like Trinary.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Unbeatable Squirrel Girl can casually show Koi Boi in a binder yet X-Editorial is too afraid to even acknowledge that trans people exist. If they are so pressed to not get the same controversy as Iceman, they can do it with a well-beloved character who is still very much a blank slate like Trinary.
    I'm note sure I follow the bolded. Sina Grace created the character and explicitly said they were a drag queen. I mean technically they could be trans and a drag queen, but it hasn't stated. I'm not sure how this new hero being a drag queen equates to the X-Office being transphobic.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I'm note sure I follow the bolded. Sina Grace created the character and explicitly said they were a drag queen. I mean technically they could be trans and a drag queen, but it hasn't stated. I'm not sure how this new hero being a drag queen equates to the X-Office being transphobic.
    I believe what Tycon is saying that there still isn't a trans character, and going back to the "drag queen" stereotype is indicative of their attitude towards the trans community.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I believe what Tycon is saying that there still isn't a trans character, and going back to the "drag queen" stereotype is indicative of their attitude towards the trans community.
    Ok I understand that point better (isn't trans) and agree that there should have been one already, but in regards to this character I still would put the onus moreso on Sina Grace for creating the character with that specific design. Yes the X-Office could have said make them trans, but I don't fully agree that it's indicative of their attitude vs an attitude a gay writer might have about that community. Not saying anyone is wrong, just that I don't fully agree with blaming the X-Office on this one.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    The issue there is that it appears Tycon is then accusing Grace and the X-Office being afraid to make Darkveil a trans woman when that was never the intention behind the character (as Grace explains in the interview where he explains the change in codename) in the first place. I'm not a fan of the character, though the powers are pretty cool, but that in itself seems a little tone deaf.

I'm sure that a writer would be allowed to create a new trans X-Man if they were so inclined.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey