Page 369 of 1490 FirstFirst ... 2693193593653663673683693703713723733794194698691369 ... LastLast
Results 5,521 to 5,535 of 22342

Minorities don't need to compete for representation when we are swimming in a deluge of Caucasians. We should have both trans characters and drag queens.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I'm note sure I follow the bolded. Sina Grace created the character and explicitly said they were a drag queen. I mean technically they could be trans and a drag queen, but it hasn't stated. I'm not sure how this new hero being a drag queen equates to the X-Office being transphobic.
    None of my point had anything to do with Darkveil. Havok83 was saying that this was the first trans mutant, but she’s a cis man in drag, so we don’t even have one trans mutant. Love Darkveil and we need trans representation in the X-Men.

Extraordinary Member

It just seems like it would be relatively easy to have a trans person on the X-Men.

I mean, Koi Boy sort of works. It doesn't seem that hard.

If I buy completely into the drag queen aesthetic... Now I need to see Darkveil's drag queen nemesis, preferably based on the dry acidity of Bianca Del Rio. One drag queen is boring. We need two so there can be kikis as well as cat fights and epic shade throwing between them.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    None of my point had anything to do with Darkveil. Havok83 was saying that this was the first trans mutant, but she’s a cis man in drag, so we don’t even have one trans mutant. Love Darkveil and we need trans representation in the X-Men.
    What about Mystique? Or don't pansexual shapeshifters count?
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Wasn't there a trans Inhuman in that forgettable Dazzler one-shot we got some time ago? I agree though, we need a trans character that appears more than just once in a random one-shot.
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    What about Mystique? Or don't pansexual shapeshifters count?
    I don’t think Mystique switches into different people because she is trans or non-binary, just because it helps her in whatever situation she’s in at the time.

Mystique might be trans/non-binary because she switches into different people.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Mystique might be trans/non-binary because she switches into different people.
    I don't think that's how that works. She's clearly always identified as female and has almost always been depicted as bisexual. Just because she can change her characteristics at will doesn't make her comparable to a trans person.

The only way Mystique could be trans is if she was AMAB; she has always been a female character. The problem with this, though, is that Mystique displays a level of passing that is unimaginable to the experiences of trans women. Even if you make this character trans retroactively, it would be representation in technicality alone. This is, of course, better than nothing and I'm not wholly opposed to this, but it still wouldn't fill the narrative void. Any trans mutant must be a new creation and their trans identity needs to be deftly woven into the character themselves (not tacked on as an afterthought). And, in my view, this should happen sooner, rather than later. X-Men should never again be a bastion for conservative or retrograde social values.

If they go the trans route I think it could be really interesting and powerful if they had some sort of healing factor that prevented them from ever fully transitioning. That would be a tragic character but then have their personality be akin to a mix of Nightcrawler/Bobby. Positive disposition and filled with hope in the face of their own gender dysmorphia.

It would remind me of a True Blood storyline where a character was changed into a Vampire as a virgin so her hymen would regrow everytime she had sex. (Gross but a unique take on the negative drawbacks of immortality/regeneration.)

I could see it being a young male identifying as female but part of his power is a Groundhog Day loop. His body will revert back to what it was that morning no matter how bad the damage done is. Strike of midnight thing even.

The idea of a trans/genderfluid shapeshifter already has, or at least should have, been done with Loki. Mystique is just a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    The idea of a trans/genderfluid shapeshifter already has, or at least should have, been done with Loki. Mystique is just a woman.
    What about Cloud?

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blueberry View Post
    What about Cloud?
    Yeah, that was what I had on my mind as well. I think Cloud is the real very first transgender character ever. And Cloud was also easy more interesting than this one.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Blueberry View Post
    What about Cloud?
    Oh right. Totally forgot about her. And there's Xavin too. I guess I just thought of Loki cause I'm constantly upset that his sexuality and gender doesn't get developed more lol.