Page 373 of 1489 FirstFirst ... 2733233633693703713723733743753763773834234738731373 ... LastLast
Results 5,581 to 5,595 of 22330

Quote Originally Posted by Can'tHexTheX View Post
    Both DeadpoolxRogue and MagnetoxRogue are gross. Why Mike Carey thought it was a good idea to hook Rogue with Evil Grandpa, I'll never understand. The Deadpool thing was just random, which is fine, but he's kind of a joke character and would literally sell Rogue if he had a wacky reason to do so.

As for JeanxScott drama, that should be long over. Morrison killed it and then Astonishing and Pak took turns beating the dead horse into the dust. We'd be done with that lopsided mess already if Marvel wasn't averse to new stories and kinda anti-woman. They killed Jean over it. Never forget. Hahaha
    I'm not so bothered by the age difference personally, is just that a lot of the stuff that he pulled in the 90s should make the X-Men hate him regardless of their circumstances at the time of his second heal-face-turn. Deadpool... look i like the guy and he is more complex that people give him credir for, but the X-Men or Avengers should never work with that guy considering (again) the stuff that he pulled in the 90s too, people should be nicer to the Punisher than they are to these 2 dudes.
    Last edited by TheCape; 03-04-2019 at 04:35 PM.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    It's a typical problem with continued media. Nothing can last forever because readers come and go just as writers. At no point ever will something please everybody, but there will be times where the majority likes the status quo and vice-versa. The point is that the current audience will always have some sway, through the stuff they buy with their hard-earned cash.

Currently, it's hard to say people actually care about Romy due to the book's less-than-stellar sales. It has an audience, it's just hard to gauge how much time can that audience buy for the pairing before someone summons Quesada with a blood ritual, then comes the axe.
    Romy is one of the least divisive ships. It doesn't mean that there is anything wrong with them as a couple, is that romance specially in marvel doesn't sell unless you're spidey.
    In fact Rogue and Gambit are better and probably sell better together than apart.

Imagine how much could a gambit or rogue solo sell these days, probably not much better.
    the only difference is that them being apart would only cause unecessary drama
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 03-04-2019 at 04:24 PM.

If Magneto was actually getting any pussy in the present, then he might chill with the paranoia about the future that fuels his murder boners. Therefore it can't happen.

Wade earned his happiness, so that's why Duggan had to annihilate it with cosmic force himself before future creators could do the same thing less effectively.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Can'tHexTheX View Post
    Both DeadpoolxRogue and MagnetoxRogue are gross. Why Mike Carey thought it was a good idea to hook Rogue with Evil Grandpa, I'll never understand. The Deadpool thing was just random, which is fine, but he's kind of a joke character and would literally sell Rogue if he had a wacky reason to do so.

As for JeanxScott drama, that should be long over. Morrison killed it and then Astonishing and Pak took turns beating the dead horse into the dust. We'd be done with that lopsided mess already if Marvel wasn't averse to new stories and kinda anti-woman. They killed Jean over it. Never forget. Hahaha
    Yeah, i'm not a fan of those ships. Magneto would never work, nor would Deadpool. Rogue can't that deep on despair to consider those two

it think that it was Bendis that started trying to make Jott happen again. It is all Bendis fault
    I mean they did everything to screw over Jean/Scott just to backpedal on it later, while I dislike Scemma I also disliked Jott. So it is a complete non win, and it is Marvel fault. they could had not screw over Jean or Jott.
    So it really feels Jean died for nothing

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I'm not so bothered by the age difference personally, is just that a lot of the stuff that he pulled in the 90s should make the X-Men hate him regardless of their circumstances at the time of his second heal-face-turn. Deadpool... look i like the guy and he is more complex that people give him credir for, but nwither the X-Men or Avengers should work with that guy considering (again) the stuff that he pulled in the 90s too, people should be nicer to the Punisher than they are to these 2 dudes.
    My main thing about it is that Magneto is a Prof X consigliere and he is, despite his murdery moments, an X-Men authority figure. That was no different from her getting with Professor X.

Age difference aside, the two are still not contemporaries.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

I'm not so bothered by the age difference personally, is just that a lot of the stuff that he pulled in the 90s should make the X-Men hate him regardless of their circumstances at the time of his second heal-face-turn. Deadpool... look i like the guy and he is more complex that people give him credir for, but the X-Men or Avengers should never work with that guy considering (again) the stuff that he pulled in the 90s too, people should be nicer to the Punisher than they are to these 2 dudes.
    I agree with most of your sentiments here. It really does seem as if things just don't make any sense at times.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Yeah, i'm not a fan of those ships. Magneto would never work, nor would Deadpool. Rogue can't that deep on despair to consider those two

it think that it was Bendis that started trying to make Jott happen again. It is all Bendis fault
    I mean they did everything to screw over Jean/Scott just to backpedal on it later, while I dislike Scemma I also disliked Jott. So it is a complete non win, and it is Marvel fault. they could had not screw over Jean or Jott.
    So it really feels Jean died for nothing
    How did Bendis try to make Jott happen again? Jean wanted nothing to do with Cyclops and made out with Beast specifically to screw destiny, and Cyclops was much more interested in X-23.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    I agree with most of your sentiments here. It really does seem as if things just don't make any sense at times.
    I mean, i'm not against redemption stories, but Magneto has his chance in the 80s and blow it hard. Wade is too unstable to actually be a full good guy IMO, but i'm not an expert on him beyond Cable&Deadpool and Duggan pre-Secret Wars run maybe his fans can correct me there.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    If Magneto was actually getting any pussy in the present, then he might chill with the paranoia about the future that fuels his murder boners. Therefore it can't happen.

Wade earned his happiness, so that's why Duggan had to annihilate it with cosmic force himself before future creators could do the same thing less effectively.
    That's supposedly what Briar should provide. But that woman probably likes that Erik chokes her during sex with wires, so what do I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    How did Bendis try to make Jott happen again? Jean wanted nothing to do with Cyclops and made out with Beast specifically to screw destiny, and Cyclops was much more interested in X-23.
    I'm talking about Adult Scott getting feelings for Jean again

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I'm talking about Adult Scott getting feelings for Jean again
    He never stopped having feelings for her.

That's supposedly what Briar should provide. But that woman probably likes that Erik chokes her during sex with wires, so what do I know.
    Erik is still surprised that he is the sane one in the relatioship for a change .

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post

That’s also what Ewing wanted to do with Lifebringer Galactus but backed out to let his creation thrive for two seconds before it got massively mishandled for a plot point that kind of went nowhere.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

I never would have thought the two of them to have such a kink...
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

BANNED

Erik is still surprised that he is the sane one in the relatioship for a change .
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    I never would have thought the two of them to have such a kink...
    I mean, Daken's pheromones literally had no effect on her, but she got turned on at the idea of Polaris ravaging the Raksha.

For someone like Magneto, she's a goddamn keeper.