Page 409 of 1471 FirstFirst ... 3093593994054064074084094104114124134194595099091409 ... LastLast
Results 6,121 to 6,135 of 22061

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Marvel: we're going to cancel all of the X-Books and leave the slate clear for Hickman's HoX/PoX. Nothing will be the same again.

Also Marvel: Wolverine is still going to be on the Savage Avengers and a book with Captain America while this is going on
    Nothing will be the same, it will just be the same.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Nothing will be the same, it will just be the same.
    That is why events are dumb. Everything continue to be the same

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    You assume that without Wolverine around other characters would shine more in the X-books. I’d argue there would just be fewer books and he isn’t stealing any spotlight from anyone who would otherwise be getting it.

How is him being in a Weapon Plus one-shot with Captain America or Savage Avengers hogging spotlight from other mutants?
    Exactly, In fact Wolverine helps other characters get spotlight, on books that maybe wouldn't exist without him or his relatives.
    Wolverine succeeding helps other characters, it is something good.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    It doesn't. Most of the other characters wouldn't get a chance to shine because people actually care about a very small number of characters, particularly when it comes to the X-Men. If it wasn't Logan, it could be Cyclops or someone CBR complains about because random-mutant-pre-Decimation #563 isn't getting the chance to shine. But some people need to blame something or someone, so that's how it goes.
    Yep; not that Wolverine's overexposure isn't a problem, but it's more of a problem for the character itself than for others.

Wolverine isn't selling that much because he got to oversatureted. And the character isn't versatile enough for that.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Exactly, In fact Wolverine helps other characters get spotlight, on books that maybe wouldn't exist without him or his relatives.
    Wolverine succeeding helps other characters, it is something good.
    LOL...like what? Every ensemble book he's in would exist without him. He isnt put on low tier titles

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    LOL...like what? Every ensemble book he's in would exist without him. He isnt put on low tier titles
    But every book with him sells more than it would with any other character.
    I'm not saying he alone is keeping the X-men alive, just that he is a nice bonus instead of a problem. There is no need to bash him or be jealous about him because at the end of the day what spotlight he gets doesn't come at the expense of other characters.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Wolverine isn't selling that much because he got to oversatureted. And the character isn't versatile enough for that.
    Yes, hence the "it's a problem for him". Marvel just doesn't know a half-way medium between "Logan in zero books" and "Logan in 500 books".

That’s because Marvel doesn’t mandate that writers use him. They ask to.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    That’s because Marvel doesn’t mandate that writers use him. They ask to.
    I'm pretty sure he has been editorially-mandated before. But while I agree in general that he's used because writers want to use him, doesn't mean they can't say no. Marvel denies writers use of characters in their teams all the time.

I'm not saying he alone is keeping the X-men alive, just that he is a nice bonus instead of a problem. There is no need to bash him or be jealous about him because at the end of the day what spotlight he gets doesn't come at the expense of other characters.
    I don't think Wolverine made a really big diffeernce anymore

cbr has spoken

unleash the solo glob content
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    That is why events are dumb. Everything continue to be the same
    Whenever they do something that genuinely would change things, they eventually revert back to old models that cater to their nostalgia. Genosha is case in point. A mutant nation was a huge deal, then they wiped it out and never tried to rebuild Genosha itself. Just followed a cycle of abandon and repeat with things like Utopia. In the extremely off chance that what Hickman does actually revolutionizes X-Men, the bulk of it isn't going to last.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

I've always been a fan of the relationships Logan has with many of the other X-Men. I wouldn't say I'm a huge fan of his but I enjoy when he's with the team. I agree with you here.

Mighty Member

If other readers favorites were in as many books as Logan they would have no complaints, in fact they would be happy to have all the content to read about their fave. All this talk of oversaturation with Wolverine is hollow because most of the complainers aren't even reading or will read those books he's in. How many are reading Savage Avengers or Marvel Presents, how many are reading the Wolverine Infinity book or plan to read the Weapon X book with Cap? What about the one shot with Blade? I think only true Logan fans will read those books and maybe not even all. So all this talk of Wolverine being shoved down our throats is empty rhetoric because most/all saying that the were never going to read those books anyway. And Hickman has said nothing in regards to Logan in his upcoming run so I sincerely doubt he'll be oversaturated in the books. Which is what I assume most here will be reading.