Page 419 of 1489 FirstFirst ... 3193694094154164174184194204214224234294695199191419 ... LastLast
Results 6,271 to 6,285 of 22322
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Xavier coming back should be a pretty big deal for everybody, Jean already kind of met him so it leaves Cyclops and Wolverine.
    Specially Cyclops who killed Xavier with the phoenix they definitely need to talk but it will probably be forgotten.
    Jean, Wolverine and Cyclops will finally meet after more than a decade even if there is no love drama there needs to be a reunion.

It really feels like such a waste to rush everything like nothing.
    If Hickman was going to start at full steam (and I don't think he's wrong at that), then of course it was the X-office job to make the re-introductions and re-encounters (if we'll get anything at Alpha and UXM #22, will be too quick). Sadly, my theory that the main reason for this AoXM thing was that their original plan to bring Scott after Extermination was put him and Jean immediately together with him in full boyscout mode and reset things to status quo as much as possible, and that they panicked once Hickman was going in and wanted none of that looks all too likely to be right.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

It feels like everything since the end of Blue, Gold, Extermination was just making time for developing Hickman's stuff, this surely was a complicated transition period and yet at the end of it, it doesn't feel like the pieces are in order.

It's honestly bizarre the way Marvel has handled the returns of Jean/Xavier/Logan/Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    It's honestly bizarre the way Marvel has handled the returns of Jean/Xavier/Logan/Scott.
    I'm just glad they're back.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Yeah, they are all back but barely interacted (outside of logan/scott) or didn't interacted at all

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    It feels like everything since the end of Blue, Gold, Extermination was just making time for developing Hickman's stuff, this surely was a complicated transition period and yet at the end of it, it doesn't feel like the pieces are in order.
    That WAS my theory as well. That ReurrXion was the official end for the books & characters. So the endings for following books where Hickman may pick everything up.
    • Blue
    • Gold
    • Weapon X
    • Extermination
    • Astonishing
    • X-Men Red

But ending things there left a huge gap that needed filling, so we got the current line of books to pass time since Hickman wouldn't be ready until Jul.

• X-Force
    • Age of X-Man
    • Uncanny X-Men
    • Major X
    • Dead Man Logan
    • Mr. & Mrs. X

The fact it was said a few times that the books didn't have much editorial mandate also seems to back the idea that it's just a holding / transition period,

I heard MMX was a ResurrXion title, but wasn't sure at put it with the current line since it seemed so random & filler-ish. But I was hardly keeping up with anything the last couple of years. So I am confused on that title's placement. Same with DML.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 06-28-2019 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Yeah, they are all back but barely interacted (outside of logan/scott) or didn't interacted at all
    And even then, Logan is only helping Scott because Emma forced him to. Otherwise he'd be content to let Scott get slaughtered. Not a great start to the new era.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Xavier came back in Astonishing and then... Just disappeared. Literally only showed up in that and a annual, that ended up with him erasing the O4's memory of the event anyway.

Jean's return story ends the second she actually comes back, and then she's sent off to a self-contained book. Red was great, but my point is that Jean's return didn't have any impact in the line.

Logan... Oh god. What a clusterfuck. So many minis and whatever. Can anyone even tell what issue actually counts as Logan's return? They milked that for so long yet UXM feels like the first time he's actually back.

Scott... Idk. I know some people were satisfied but I thought just a single annual was meh. And of course, they decide to ship off most X-Men to an AU right when he comes back.

It honestly feels like the X-Office is intentionally trying to just... I don't know, not make things as big of a deal as they should be? They kinda just dance around like... Logan is back.. And he kinda sees them but... Goes away... Then they find out about it and... He meets them again with no memory and then... He goes away and then... He's back, but they're gone... So by the point that everyone is actually back together for real... It's whatever? It's not news anymore that Logan is back.

I used Logan as an example but it goes for all of them. The AXM cast met Xavier... Then he erased their memories... Then he met the O4... And erased their memories. And now he's here again and writers are probably not gonna bother making that big of a deal of his return, because while the characters didn't know he was back, the audience does, so no point bothering with that. Jean didn't necessarily get that, but... As I said she comes back and then Red #1 is already quite a while after that and she has already settled. We do get that annual but it's literally just her first day and there's a huge gap from that to XMR #1. Scott still technically has a chance of an impactful reunion with everyone, but I just doubt it.
    Last edited by Wiccan; 06-28-2019 at 05:43 PM.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

I think is more incompetence than a mandate to not make a big deal.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Sadly I agree, Jean's reunion and return were limited to one annual with almost no impact on anybody or other books.
    And that was after 14 years of her being dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    I think is more incompetence than a mandate to not make a big deal.
    I think it's a bit of both. Like, they decide to bring those characters back which should be major for the franchise but they don't really know how to deal with it. So they just kinda don't, as much as they can.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    That WAS my theory as well. That ReurrXion was the official end for the books & characters. So the endings for following books where Hickman may pick everything up.
    • Blue
    • Gold
    • Weapon X
    • Extermination
    • Astonishing

But ending things there left a huge gap that needed filling, so we got the current line of books to pass time since Hickman wouldn't be ready until Jul.

• X-Force
    • Age of X-Man
    • Uncanny X-Men
    • Major X
    • Dead Man Logan
    • Mr. & Mrs. X

The fact it was said a few times that the books didn't have much editorial mandate also seems to back the idea that it's just a holding / transition period,

I heard MMX was a ResurrXion title, but wasn't sure at put it with the current line since it seemed so random & filler-ish. But I was hardly keeping up with anything the last couple of years. So I am confused on that title's placement. Same with DML.
    Just like Extermination, MMX was already planned before Jordan came onboard. Plus, it came directly out of R+G and Gold #30. The first X-related thing he did was X-Men Black IIRC.

Logan... Oh god. What a clusterfuck. So many minis and whatever. Can anyone even tell what issue actually counts as Logan's return? They milked that for so long yet UXM feels like the first time he's actually back.
    Just read the stuff that Soule wrote the rest can be ignored easily.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Perhaps HOX/POX are part of the transition. It's been said a few times that by the end of those two books, we'll be off and running in the new era. I'm thinking the X-Men come back to the world Scott and his team have been dealing with and all hell breaks loose. Humanity mostly seems content with the X-Men gone so maybe they finally lose all their marbles seeing them return, and that's when things become do or die for the mutants. We shall see.

I think it's a bit of both. Like, they decide to bring those characters back which should be major for the franchise but they don't really know how to deal with it. So they just kinda don't, as much as they can.
    Pretty much this. A complete waste of the return of these characters.

They wasnt to stall the big moments, but then Hickman come and skip these moments