Page 433 of 1487 FirstFirst ... 3333834234294304314324334344354364374434835339331433 ... LastLast
Results 6,481 to 6,495 of 22298

Ok, this variant left me 100% sure that they are pod people

Spectacular Member

Sage in the upcoming X-Force comic

EEA4975B-A695-4F4A-AD8B-9FD949A2CF35.jpg

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maxi_miceli View Post
    Ok, this variant left me 100% sure that they are pod people
    They’re pod people.
    1. That Jean had never been Phoenix, she was still Marvel Girl.
    2. Nightcrawler died (currently Kurt can’t be killed, due to heaven not accepting returns)
    3. Every other appearance of Krakoa (sp?) over the last 50 years shows it feeding on mutant hosts, this isn’t going to change.

FB_IMG_1567842617528.jpg

From the teasers about Marvel's new something, probably an event.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Aawww. Kinda bummed out for Sinister.

On top of stealing Sinister's ideas and making his God!Mode!Krakoa-less methods obsolete, he won't even invite him to his Deadly Alliance, lol.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    FB_IMG_1567842617528.jpg

From the teasers about Marvel's new something, probably an event.
    Heroes in Crisis, A marvel original event.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whist View Post
    They’re pod people.
    2. Nightcrawler died (currently Kurt can’t be killed, due to heaven not accepting returns)
    3. Every other appearance of Krakoa (sp?) over the last 50 years shows it feeding on mutant hosts, this isn’t going to change.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Speaking of that what ever happned to the nimrod arm/gauntlet that reverend striker was using ? It's not like that would have a massive amount of information on it right ?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whist View Post
    Wearing the uniform again does not a pod Jean make. Jean has returned to the vintage look a number of times over the years.

Uhhhh like Gosamyr in New Mutants I doubt that's a plot point we'll be hearing about again any time soon

Kid Krakoa and the X-Men were coexisting just fine last I checked. No reason this Krakoa can't. (If it's not Kid Krakoa already, that is)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Best use of nose-less pirate wolverine ever!

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Wearing the uniform again does not a pod Jean make. Jean has returned to the vintage look a number of times over the years.
    When? The last time I recall her doing that was when she literally was replaced by a clone. Its not something she's gone back to in the modern era

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    When? The last time I recall her doing that was when she literally was replaced by a clone. Its not something she's gone back to in the modern era
    She's had various stories over the decades - mostly one-off issues, maybe a few brief arcs - where Jean is seen back in that costume for some thematic purpose or any number of reasons. It started back when she got back into it for the final chapter of the Dark Phoenix Saga under Claremont, and then, for a long stretch, any time a writer wanted to have Jean reckon with her past or go 'back to basics' or something for some reason, out would come the miniskirt and mask again, often in the astral plane IIRC but other places as well. It's just a recurring stylistic or thematic motif I've seen play out many a time when someone wants to evoke Jean's history before Phoenix.

I think there is a purpose for the costume having returned again recently. It may be as simple as that old motif - going 'back to basics' without the prior baggage. But I suspect it is something else. Either way I don't see it lasting forever, as solicits are often misleading.

Not to mention her demeanor and power set. Jean from X-Men Red had confidence and power galore. It's not the same Jean.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    Not to mention her demeanor and power set. Jean from X-Men Red had confidence and power galore. It's not the same Jean.
    We didn't get to see Jean's power set last issue because she was not on that mission to demo it. She had a specific purpose she was utilized for by the mission (psychic uplink). We have no way of knowing if she was depowered because she simply was not using that power set.

X-Men Red's Jean bordered on a messiah at times. I enjoyed the book though it wasn't perfect, but a little of that also can only go so far. It was a better Jean than they've had in years, but if Jean was all things at all times then no X-Men mission can fail. And for dramatic purposes sometimes they have to.

It's not outside the realm of possibility to me that Jean could be blindsided during the Orchis mission, injured by an explosion and shaken by the deaths of her friends as she feels their demise one by one. That's exactly what happened and it could happen to any iteration of Jean, including Red. It's possible this is an altered or different Jean, but it's equally possible Jean (like everyone else) simply had it rough out there in deep space.