Page 458 of 1478 FirstFirst ... 3584084484544554564574584594604614624685085589581458 ... LastLast
Results 6,856 to 6,870 of 22163
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    She confirmed he manipulated her telepathically and explicitly called him a rapist in the 198 mini.
    reread the comic. empath is innocent in x-men the 198, he saves a Guatemalan city from being destroyed by Amara (and saves Amara from getting killed by army snipers)

She later accuses him of manipulating her, but she was being manipulated by forgotten F list character Johnny Dee, not Empath. It was made clear Amara was accusing him of things he didnt do because of his bad reputation

Johnny agreed to move over to the Xavier Institute for his own safety. There, he became part of The 198. When Magma arrived at the school, they shared a conversation about her recent outburst. Magma saw them as friends, but Johnny began falling in love with her. Magma admitted that Johnny looked cute but was a bit disgusted by his powers. Later, Johnny appeared to use his powers to create small duplicates of the mutant Magma, and later of Jazz as well. They appeared to be voodoo dolls that made placed targets under Johnny Dee's total control. Jazz spied on Johnny and found him making the voodoo doll of himself. Johnny later used the doll against Jazz and killed him. When the mysterious Mr. M sought out to gain the other 198 their freedom back, Johnny Dee (at the request of ONE leader Demetrius Lazer) had Leech depower Mr. M, and had Magma kill him. He then stated that he wouldn't ask anything in return for the job. "At least, not yet..." and decided to remain at Xavier's for his own, sinister reasons.

that character has been in jail since the first civil war

Empath did get raped and brainwashed by Madelyne Pryor in bdsm sessions, but nobody cares because he is a man

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    reread the comic. empath is innocent in x-men the 198, he saves a Guatemalan city from being destroyed by Amara (and saves Amara from getting killed by army snipers)

She later accuses him of manipulating her, but she was being manipulated by forgotten F list character Johnny Dee, not Empath. It was made clear Amara was accusing him of things he didnt do because of his bad reputation
    That's an astonishingly generous read of Empath's dialogue in those pages. That just reads like superpowered gaslighting to me.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    That's an astonishingly generous read of Empath's dialogue in those pages. That just reads like superpowered gaslighting to me.
    "gaslighting" and feelings are less important than saving her life and saving a city, in the previous page he emotionally incapacitates the snipers that were about to shoot her, I didnt post it because of the 3 pictures limit.
    It seems hypocritical to me to think that the mind control of people who don't realize they are getting mind controlled (say, what Jean or Emma can do and do very often with their victims), is in some way morally superior to this.

And he was the only mutant available who could stop her, there were only 198 mutants available after MDay, not even Xavier was a telepath at that time

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    "gaslighting" and feelings are less important than saving her life and saving a city, in the previous page he emotionally incapacitates the snipers that were about to shoot her, I didnt post it because of the 3 pictures limit.

It seems hypocritical to me to think that the mind control of people who don't realize they are getting mind controlled (say, what Jean or Emma can do and do very often with their victims), is in some way morally superior to this.

And he was the only mutant available who could stop her, there were only 198 mutants available after MDay, not even Xavier was a telepath at that time
    None of that is relevant to the question of whether or not Empath is a rapist.

Empath apologists. Interesting....

X-Men/Fantastic Four will have two issues released in the same month. Oh, and Doom vs. Krakoa teased...
    CHIP ZDARSKY (W) • TERRY DODSON (A/C)
    VARIANT COVER BY MARK BROOKS
    FLOWER VARIANT COVER BY MEGHAN HETRICK
    VARIANT COVER BY CHRIS ELIOPOULOS
    The world has been re-shaped by the X-MEN. But you can’t reshape a world without encountering its true master … DOOM..
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Notice how it’s X-Men + FF and not versus.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Notice how it’s X-Men + FF and not versus.
    Haha, wow you’re still going on about this? Zdarsky himself said it’s a successor to the ‘80s series. I think you’re splitting hairs.

Well, you posted a new series in a preview art thread for some reason. So it seemed like the time to formally reply. It’s a successor but doesn’t have the most important aspect of the title: the “Versus.” It’s literally not splitting hairs. You know the difference between AvX and A+X? The story being told and how we’re supposed to view these characters interacting with each other.

Dude, stop trying to act like this is a permanent status quo. Hickman even said he'll put the toys back eventually. Also, stop trying to act like the mutants are "chummy" with the other superheroes, when right in the first issue we have Reed taking issue with giving mutant criminals amnesty JUST for being mutants. You'll spare yourself the disappointment when it happens. Also, I wasn't even thinking of you when I posted this, and tbh I forgot about this debate until you showed up again.

Looks cordial.

In what part of anything I said in this thread looked remotely like this following sentence:’”Krakoa is a permanent status quo.” This is about the cordiality between X-Men and FF. Again, no one said there won’t be conflict but they obviously are coming out of this mini stronger allies than before. Keep up with this Krakoa is evil thing but it just isn’t being supported by anything we’ve been shown unless you wanna keep bringing up that variant cover lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    In what part of anything I said in this thread looked remotely like this following sentence:’”Krakoa is a permanent status quo.” This is about the cordiality between X-Men and FF. Again, no one said there won’t be conflict but they obviously are coming out of this mini stronger allies than before. Keep up with this Krakoa is evil thing but it just isn’t being supported by anything we’ve been shown unless you wanna keep bringing up that variant cover lmao.
    "Nothing supporting it".

Yeah, right. Reed and the FF not liking it and getting in a conflict, Iron Fist thinking they're a bunch of weirdos, the trio of Xavier, Magneto and Apocalypse being a "Deadly Alliance"... plus the narrative makes it clear it's not all sunshine and rainbows like some make it out to be. I don't hate the current status quo, like I said it's an interesting read, but I know it's not permanent -- it's the transitional period.

Sure, Krakoa will go away eventually. No status quo is permanent. But there's nothing saying it's gonna be anytime soon. I mean, the post House of M status quo lasted until AvX in 2012. In a way still kind of in effect now as it's not like it was reverted, only individually for a few characters...

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Sure, Krakoa will go away eventually. No status quo is permanent. But there's nothing saying it's gonna be anytime soon. I mean, the post House of M status quo lasted until AvX in 2012. In a way still kind of in effect now as it's not like it was reverted, only individually for a few characters...
    My idea was that Krakoa will likely blow up in their faces, mainly because allowing anyone of all moralities to reside there just for being mutants is inherently flawed. The end will likely have some big speech about unity and acceptance, and the mutant and non-mutant heroes working in tandem and Krakoa (if still there) opens it's doors to others. I've called it the "Day of X".

Oh, and House of M was shitty and only done because they wanted to smite X-Men.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Empath is one of my favourite Hellions...because he was/is such an unapologetic CeeUNextTuesday.
    I hope he and they all show up eventually, prominently in the DoX books.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!