Page 459 of 1454 FirstFirst ... 359409449455456457458459460461462463469509559959 ... LastLast
Results 6,871 to 6,885 of 21805

Totally unrelated but... How cool was empathy there? We're so full of telepaths, it was super cool seeing him do that stuff to her brain using his empathy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    My idea was that Krakoa will likely blow up in their faces, mainly because allowing anyone of all moralities to reside there just for being mutants is inherently flawed. The end will likely have some big speech about unity and acceptance, and the mutant and non-mutant heroes working in tandem and Krakoa (if still there) opens it's doors to others. I've called it the "Day of X".

Oh, and House of M was shitty and only done because they wanted to smite X-Men.
    Maybe. But my point is that you talk like Krakoa is gonna fall apart like, next year, and I really doubt it.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Maybe. But my point is that you talk like Krakoa is gonna fall apart like, next year, and I really doubt it.
    Agreed. Hickman talked about writers not putting stuff after they're done, and other writers have to clean-up. So seems a Hickman reset is not gonna happen until he's finished writing, and that may not be for another 5 years.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 11-21-2019 at 11:21 AM.

It shouldn't really matter how long it last or not. I get how because of the internet keeping us so well informed nowadays it's hard to just enjoy the ride but really, let's just read the story, or not if it's not your cuppa. But I am annoyed whenever I here when Hickman is done or when they reboot it again speak.

Yes, this is cyclical, and I want it to end in my lifetime preferably so I can have a complete story, but speculating as to when it ends just seems pointless, especially when we just started.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Empath apologists. Interesting....
    Apologist is such a concise way to convey it. Enjoying reading about the character is one thing but 'he did nothing wrong' is not the hill Id think anyone should aspire to die on.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Empath is one of my favourite Hellions...because he was/is such an unapologetic CeeUNextTuesday.
    I hope he and they all show up eventually, prominently in the DoX books.
    Exactly. His powers and personality make him a great villain to read about. Im all for him showing up in Marauders as another thornn in Emma's side.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Yes, this is cyclical, and I want it to end in my lifetime preferably so I can have a complete story, but speculating as to when it ends just seems pointless, especially when we just started.
    It would be sad but beautiful to see the X-men end on our life times. All good stories need an end, it gives meaning to the journey.

I don't think it is happening though. Although with how print media is dying who knows?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Dude, stop trying to act like this is a permanent status quo. Hickman even said he'll put the toys back eventually.
    Why are you so fixated on undoing this as quickly as possible?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Why are you so fixated on undoing this as quickly as possible?
    The leap people perform between putting the toys back and 'everything will go back to what it was before HoXPoX is.. inch resting.

That’s also the thing. AFAIK, the prospect of “putting the toys back in the box” wasn’t just a quote in a vacuum but part of Hickman talking about additive versus destructive storytelling and leaving toys all over the place. I highly doubt he wants us to think he’s just blatantly undoing everything he’s established, especially because his run is designed to fix the “scattered toys”/destructive nature that’s kept the X-Men in boring, cyclical stories.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.com...-men-sdcc/amp/
    “You want to tell stories that matter, but the way you write things that matter in Marvel is that you’re not destructive, you’re additive. Yes, I may do things where I destroy the entire Marvel Universe, but I always put it back together, and in putting it together you add to it in a way that puts the characters in an interesting place and you haven’t ruined anybody else’s job.”

Well to be fair I think we're fooling ourselves if we think Krakoa pod goo is going to be a thing in 5 years. I mean already we've seen some shake ups in DOX that remind you that it's never 100% peachy to be a mutant.

Does Franklin currently have any powers and what are his levels like? Is he doing any superheroing in FF?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Does Franklin currently have any powers and what are his levels like? Is he doing any superheroing in FF?
    I think he was a bit worn out at the beginning the run after creating so many universes, so he can't do that anymore? But IIRC he's mostly still OP as always.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Because of his universe creation his powers are also on a experation date. If he uses it too much they'll run out according to Reed so maybe the krakoans have a second point of view

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    That’s also the thing. AFAIK, the prospect of “putting the toys back in the box” wasn’t just a quote in a vacuum but part of Hickman talking about additive versus destructive storytelling and leaving toys all over the place. I highly doubt he wants us to think he’s just blatantly undoing everything he’s established, especially because his run is designed to fix the “scattered toys”/destructive nature that’s kept the X-Men in boring, cyclical stories.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.com...-men-sdcc/amp/
    Exactly. His comment was less about reverting to status quo and more about preserving the viability of the characters and the narrative. We won’t be going backward anytime soon, especially not with the success of HoXPoX.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I think he was a bit worn out at the beginning the run after creating so many universes, so he can't do that anymore? But IIRC he's mostly still OP as always.
    His powers are finite now.